Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Bruins 2009-2010

totally lackluster effort on the part of the B's last night. Plus they may have lost Bergy in the process for some time. The best thing that can happen righ tnow is bringing Satan in to make some competition out there for playing time. IMO some guys could use to sit for a game or 2.

Julien didn't seem very happy last night, I think he will crack the whip on the team's ass. The Bruins have been lackluster, they have been getting some wins but they need to be better. It won't get any better against the Sens tonight, they will have to play much better to get the 2 points against a hungry team.

KDP blogged that Bergeron called a friend after leaving Mass General and said he'll probably be out two to three weeks. Apparently, the injury is to his thumb, not the wrist.

Yes, it was a good effort, as well as encouraging that Thomas has begun playing like last year, but obviously we'd like to see that intensity nightly -- and not just as a reaction to a previous night's clunker.

I think it was idiotic for some of the fans to boo tonight. Based on the speed of their players and their ability to get their sticks on the puck, it's clear that Chicago is a more athletic team. And I don't think Bergeron and Savard would have changed that much.

I don't know, the Bruins power play was horrendous most of the night. And Thomas is still fighting the puck, he hasn't been the same since he was out with his hand injury, possibly nursing something else?

Hopefully the Bruins will put in a good effort against the Rangers, they had their bad game now it's time for their good game ;)

I wasn't expecting much against the Hawks but the Bruins need to win against the teams that are below them in the standings. The upcoming Western road trip will be a good test, the Sharks and Kings are both good teams.

I don't know, the Bruins power play was horrendous most of the night. And Thomas is still fighting the puck, he hasn't been the same since he was out with his hand injury, possibly nursing something else?

They were 1 for 3 on the power play (two other penalties resulted in 4-on-4 play). That's better than their season average, yet they were missing their triggerman on the top unit and their best player this season from the second unit. Coming into the game, Thomas had a 1.5 goals against over his previous six games, but there's no doubt he had a clunker Thursday.

The bottom line is Chicago appears to be a superior team than the B's are at full strength, and are undoubtedly better than a hobbled B's team. There's no shame in being outplayed by a better team, yet the drunk skunks booed instead.

They were 1 for 3 on the power play (two other penalties resulted in 4-on-4 play). That's better than their season average, yet they were missing their triggerman on the top unit and their best player this season from the second unit. Coming into the game, Thomas had a 1.5 goals against over his previous six games, but there's no doubt he had a clunker Thursday.

The bottom line is Chicago appears to be a superior team than the B's are at full strength, and are undoubtedly better than a hobbled B's team. There's no shame in being outplayed by a better team, yet the drunk skunks booed instead.

On NHL Live the other day they were commenting on how every player or coach that was asked to name the best team in the league, picked the Blackhawks.

The Blackhawks look like they would have beaten last year's B's team. They are good! The scary thing is I read an article suggesting they could be the frontrunner for Kovulchuk, since they have a lot of assets and will need to clear cap space for next season anyway.

That was a case where the numbers didn't tell the story. The other power plays were so atrocious that if the Blackhawks got another penalty the B's would have been wise to decline it.

As for the 'Hawks being a better team, well, yeah but that doesn't excuse the lack of hustle and compete level that the Bruins showed. You can't lose pretty much every race for the puck or battle along the boards and just say, "well, gee, they're good".

That's where we disagree. As I've posted before, there have been a number of games this year when the B's didn't play with the three periods of intensity, something they did with regularity last season. I thought they played with intensity almost that entire game, although they were missing five players, but once the Blackhawks matched the B's intensity it was Game Over.

Let's face it, if you're faster than me, but sometimes lazy, I'll win a few races to the puck. However, if you're faster than me, yet skate with the same intensity, then I'm only going to win those races when I'm closer to the puck.

My take on that game is the B's played with three periods of intensity, but the Blackhawks only played with two-and-a-half. If Thomas had been more solid, maybe the B's could have stolen a point, but I can't fault the B's for a lack of intensity that game. Only for having less speed and skill than the Blackhawks.

Only caught the 3rd tonight, but Thomas has really stepped it up lately. I feel like once their in the playoffs, he is going to kick it to another level.

Chara's shootout goal was sweet - I'm pretty sure no goalie wants to get hit with his slapshot from that range. The Bruins are going to have to keep up this type of effort, the Eastern conference is very tight from 5th to 10th place.

Given all the factors -- back-to-back games after six hours of flying, missing their top three centers, playing one of the league's top teams -- I don't think it's hyperbole to refer to yesterday's game as a stunning victory. Of course, it helps when last year's Vezina goalie played like last year's Vezina goalie.

Last night was the kind of effort that has been lacking previously. Recchi is really stepping up his game. Now if only guys like Ryder and Wheeler could do the same. Those guys have too much skill to not be regulars on the scoresheet.

Chara's shootout goal was sweet - I'm pretty sure no goalie wants to get hit with his slapshot from that range. The Bruins are going to have to keep up this type of effort, the Eastern conference is very tight from 5th to 10th place.

Trust me - they don't care if he hits them with it, but if he can place it reliably where he did (14" blocker side), and keeps them honest with the odd fake, there aren't many normal goalies (ie. not full-right) who will be able to answer that bell.