Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Bruins 2009-2010

Good that they got a point this afternoon, not so good that the Bruins blew a two goal lead after two periods :(

I watched the Senators beat the Habs tonight and the Bruins need to come out with a good effort to take two points from the Sens in their next game. Hopefully Thomas can keep his streak going...

Good that they got a point this afternoon, not so good that the Bruins blew a two goal lead after two periods :(

I watched the Senators beat the Habs tonight and the Bruins need to come out with a good effort to take two points from the Sens in their next game. Hopefully Thomas can keep his streak going...

10 min left in the 3rd and they couldn't hold a 2 goal lead................

I wouldn't get too worked up over them fading at the end. They were missing five regulars, had to kill about five minutes straight of penalties, and were playing their third game in less than three days after flying six hours and three time zones.

Time for some guys to spend a night in the pressbox. Mssr.s Ryder and Wheeler are 1/2 on my list of fellas who should take a lump or two watching from high above. As for the rest of the rubbish, Krejci doesn't see the pp until he starts making anything happen and Lucic, if you aren't scoring then you better be fighting and if you aren't fighting then you better be scoring. Pick one, please, because right now you aren't doing either.

Time for some guys to spend a night in the pressbox. Mssr.s Ryder and Wheeler are 1/2 on my list of fellas who should take a lump or two watching from high above. As for the rest of the rubbish, Krejci doesn't see the pp until he starts making anything happen and Lucic, if you aren't scoring then you better be fighting and if you aren't fighting then you better be scoring. Pick one, please, because right now you aren't doing either.

Let these guys sit with Cam Neely for a night and hopefully something good will rub off.

I hope they endure one more loss. If the caps beat the Bruins tomorrow it will be a franchise record 11 straight wins.

But, they played pretty poorly against the lightning and were lucky to come away with a win, so I think the are due a loss

yeaaa... good luck with the Caps tonight. They're on a 10 game winning streak. Boston will be a 6-8 playoff seed, but I don't think they will do much damage in the playoffs.

They are certainly underwhelming compared to last year. They are in tough against the Caps and the Canucks, any points from those games will be a bonus. It would bring great joy to my heart if they manage to pummel the Habs a couple of times in the next 2 weeks :D

yeaaa... good luck with the Caps tonight. They're on a 10 game winning streak. Boston will be a 6-8 playoff seed, but I don't think they will do much damage in the playoffs.

This is probably true unless they start playing much better. The top 4 teams in the East and maybe Ottawa have all been consistently better than the 8 teams behind them.

They are certainly underwhelming compared to last year. They are in tough against the Caps and the Canucks, any points from those games will be a bonus. It would bring great joy to my heart if they manage to pummel the Habs a couple of times in the next 2 weeks :D

This is probably true unless they start playing much better. The top 4 teams in the East and maybe Ottawa have all been consistently better than the 8 teams behind them.

Im not sure im sold on Ottawa yet. Wash, Buff, NJ, and Pitt are defiantly a cut above the rest. Ottawa needs to keep this hot streak up over a longer period of time. After that, its anybody's guess who gets those final playoff spots. I don't watch the Bs enough to know if this is a trend or not, but no one on that squad jumped out at me. The whole team looked bland.

The winning goal last night reminded me of about five others I've seen this year. The Bruins' D is conditioned into making the behind the net pass, so much so that they often do it blind -- as Hunwick did last night -- and it gets intercepted then passed out front. With both defenseman off to the side, the opposition has a clear shot on net.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems the B's rely on the behind the net pass much more than other teams, and it seems that most teams are prepared for it. It doesn't always get intercepted, but it gets intercepted enough that I think the B's need to allow more creativity to their breakouts.

That has been a trend all season. Last year it was the spring board to the breakout where they would go D to D behind the net and then hit the center circling low by the net. How the B's defense aren't recongnizing that they are getting poached an awful lot this season is beyond me.

The winning goal last night reminded me of about five others I've seen this year. The Bruins' D is conditioned into making the behind the net pass, so much so that they often do it blind -- as Hunwick did last night -- and it gets intercepted then passed out front. With both defenseman off to the side, the opposition has a clear shot on net.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems the B's rely on the behind the net pass much more than other teams, and it seems that most teams are prepared for it. It doesn't always get intercepted, but it gets intercepted enough that I think the B's need to allow more creativity to their breakouts.

It makes me cringe every time I see them do that. CJ..News flash...other teams have figured it out.

I don't think it is a coaching issue as much as a player awareness issue. The defensemen have to know when the pass is there and when it isn't. The partner has to be vocal, the goalie has to be vocal, the center has to be vocal.

I feel like they have been getting away from the constant pass behind the net breakout. The past 3 or 4 games they've really cut back, enough so that I feel like they're changing strategy. Now it seems like if they do it, it's mostly do it out of necessity of that specific play, not as the automatic go-to option. Hunwick just made a terrible decision. He had space with no one on him, I still can't figure out what he was doing.

I assume if Ference ever gets healthy, and no one else gets injured, Hunwick takes a seat. Apparently most of his hockey skill was stored in his spleen.