Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Bruins 2009-2010

I'll tell ya, I was at the game tonight and Dan Paille really impressed me. To me it looked like he just fit in with the system. He was skating hard in both the offensive and defensive zone. He had the assist on Begin's goal, but he also had a few chances of his own. Only time will tell how he does this year with the B's.

Last night could have been post-trade jump. Let's wait a few games before we fall in love.

I am liking how Bergeron is playing. He finally seems to be rounding out into the player he was progressing towards before his noggin issues. I still think he is on his way to being a Forsberg-esque type of player.

Yes, it could be post-trade jump, but he scored 12 goals last year and 19 the year before that. I've read they think of him as a strong defensive player, so if he reaches double digits in goals, I think they would be ecstatic.

That was last year's Tim Thomas in the net last night. He's played better the past three games, which is obviously cause for optimism, but there still are too many times when the B's seem to be skating complacently. Overall, they've been out-skated by their opponents this season, which is noticeably different from last year's team.

Overall, they've been out-skated by their opponents this season, which is noticeably different from last year's team.

We were talking about that during the game last night. What happens to an nhl team that they just don't appear to hussle the entire time. It is a coaching issue, or training, or the players fault?

Sometimes it can happen if players are unsure of the system and that slight twinge of hesitation can make it appear that they aren't hustling. Other times teams believe their own press and they just don't play with the sense of urgency that they should because they think they can always pull it out.

Hopefully playing a struggling wings team can spur some offense. The inconstancy is hard to understand. One game they look great then they look lackadaisical the next. It's early and they have key injuries but if they could pump in a few more goals they'd be winning the close games.

On Versus tomorrow night and I've got my fingers crossed: no Joe Beninati. Besides Jack Edwards he's just awful.

And the countdown for Chiarelli blowing up this team and starting over again begins in 3.................2..................1..........................

Really? I mean, they wouldn't have had Kessel until early this week anyway... bad run of injuries and some weak performances have hurt them, but are we at the demolition phase? 15 games in, amidst a pack of seven teams with four points (or eight within 5, if we count Florida)...

wow. Can the Bruins copycat the Canadiens any more? From on the bubble, to a surprise run to the top, to oh shit what happened? On the bright side, Toronto totally blows.

Really? I mean, they wouldn't have had Kessel until early this week anyway... bad run of injuries and some weak performances have hurt them, but are we at the demolition phase? 15 games in, amidst a pack of seven teams with four points (or eight within 5, if we count Florida)...

Based on what I've seen of Chiarelli, he's not a wait and see kind of guy. He was quick to pull the trigger on an underperforming Kobasew and he sounded hopeful that his departure would serve as a wakeup call for the rest of the team. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Ryder or Sturm packing the moving vans. We're looking at a team who has scored 4 goals in the last five games and 1 in the last three.

wow. Can the Bruins copycat the Canadiens any more? From on the bubble, to a surprise run to the top, to oh shit what happened? On the bright side, Toronto totally blows.

Actually the Habs never had quite the injury troubles Boston is having this year, they managed to self implode all by themselves, and their "talent" wasn't nearly as legit as the Bruins is. While it is alarming to see the bruins struggle to score so much, they do have a good enough defense and coaching to weather it out. Once a few guys return from the IR they'll be a playoff team.

I think Hunwick should sit for a game or two and give Boychuk another chance. I didn't think he looked bad at all on that road trip. The injuries are hurting for sure but the forwards have to do a better job of going to the net and creating better chances. And the D have chip in more. Morris has looked good but no one else has stood out back there. I can't imagine Chirelli is going to do anything crazy this early in the season. If anything I could see him make a move for a Defenseman possibly Frerence.

The D seemed to be a lot more active tonight. And they finally capitalized on there bounces they got. Hopefully Krejci is back next week and Lucic and Savard will be back by the end of the month.

I think you guys will like this one. I was at the Induction Weekend for the HOF, then worked the booth at the Sports Management conference that is held simultaneously. Today, a new group of attendees started going into the next room over, and I realized it was the GM's meeting. Once I realized Chiarelli was being interviewed, I hung out to ask him a quick question.

I asked him, "I was wondering if you brought a voodoo doll to stick the Toronto players while you're here, because we need them to lose the next 60 games."

Let's just say that brightened his afternoon......

So are the Bruins going to finally wake up from there early season funk?

Julien was not happy after there effort Monday. Hopefully that gets them going & gets them to play like they are capable. Getting back Lucic tonight and Savard soon should help as well.

I liked the new pairings on defense last night. Hunwick looked a lot more like he did in last year's playoffs.

Also, I'm starting to like Paille. Good effort on the PK.

That was an incredible shootout move by Bergeron. I know it looked good, but that's a really, really hard fake to pull off against a goalie like Pavelec who uses the European Y.

Great to see him getting his feet back under him.

I liked the new pairings on defense last night. Hunwick looked a lot more like he did in last year's playoffs.

Also, I'm starting to like Paille. Good effort on the PK.

It is amazing the sabers let him go for only a draft pick. He seems to be very similar to Axelson in terms of skill. He has been a very good penalty killer.

After seeing Paille for a couple weeks and seeing Afinogenov with the Thrashers I think some players were tuning out Lindy Ruff.

Great game tonight. Bergeron looks better every game the last couple weeks. They were outplayed in the first but kept there composure and came and played a very good second period. Finally they are playing like many thought they would. Not as dominating as last year but a solid team from top to bottom.