Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Bruins 2009-2010

Everything I'm reading suggests Kessel will be traded this week. I'd rather see him remain on the team, but with the economic realities of a salary cap, receiving two firsts and second sounds good. Supposedly, that's what Toronto has offered.

Everything I'm reading suggests Kessel will be traded this week. I'd rather see him remain on the team, but with the economic realities of a salary cap, receiving two firsts and second sounds good. Supposedly, that's what Toronto has offered.

Kessel has been traded for exactly that. Cap reality bites.

Chicago will find out next off season.

Do you really have to start rubbing it in already? Can't I have just one more your to enjoy the Hawks not sucking before things start going down hill?

This is truly the one downside of the cap. The fact that there isn't a way to keep a young player like Kessel kinda sucks.

I understand Kessels point of view to & if he can get that kind of contract I guess he should be able to. You really can't blame him. Although I wish he would've taken a short term deal and stayed with the B's. I guess Chiarelli got as good of a deal as he could. At least he didn't have to disrupt the team by trading someone.

Nothing personal but I hope the Leafs aren't good for a couple of years. At least for the Bruins to get the best possible draft picks.

Do you really have to start rubbing it in already? Can't I have just one more your to enjoy the Hawks not sucking before things start going down hill?

misery loves company :P

Nothing personal but I hope the Leafs aren't good for a couple of years. At least for the Bruins to get the best possible draft picks.

The Leafs are the closest team in North American sports to the Red Sox, in terms of frenzy of media and fans. Actually, they may be worse now, since they haven't won in 40 years. It makes it difficult for them to play their best, because every mistake becomes a crisis.

The Leafs are the closest team in North American sports to the Red Sox, in terms of frenzy of media and fans. Actually, they may be worse now, since they haven't won in 40 years. It makes it difficult for them to play their best, because every mistake becomes a crisis.

You couldn't more right. Every win or loss is blown way out of proportion.

Did anyone see Saturdays preseason game? My biggest worry going into the season is defense. Ference looked awful IMO. He looked a step behind most of the night. Two of Columbus's goals were giveaways by Ference. I hope they are deep enough on the blue line. I upfront they will be fine. They will feel the loss of Kessel. But I think with Sturm and Bergeron being fully healthy (fingers crossed), they should make up most of the difference. T minus 4 days until opening night.

I watched the first period before falling asleep, but I read Ference and Wideman were -5 between them. The early part of the season is about trying different combinations until settling on the optimal ones, so it's possible those two will be broken up. Or it's possible they just each had a bad game at the same time.

I personally don't think that Ference is completely healed from his off season surgery. He's been injury prone and I'm predicting he won't make 50 games this year. Boychuk will have to fill in.

In other news, Lashoff was waived by the Lightning.

I personally don't think that Ference is completely healed from his off season surgery. He's been injury prone and I'm predicting he won't make 50 games this year. Boychuk will have to fill in.

In other news, Lashoff was waived by the Lightning.

I agree about Ference he looked like he wasn't 100%.

Lashoff was given every chance to be a NHL regular & repeatedly showed he couldn't handle it. So that news isn't very shocking.

Lashoff was one of those guys who played excellent in Providence but just couldn't take that last step.

I haven't caught too much preseason action, but from what I've seen so far, Wideman is playing like shit.

Tough loss last night. They looked real good for most of that first period and then seemed to play flat the rest of the night. The Caps were flying & were much better last night.

I expect a really good effort Saturday.

I think the team got caught up in the opening night buzz and maybe felt some pressure to come out rolling after their playoff exit last year. I had some great seats for the game, and while I am a Canadiens fan (I know, how?) I enjoyed hockey finally coming back. Ovy looked a little rusty out there, while he obviously had a night stat night he could have scored several more if he was on his game. There were a lot of chances where his passes were a little off and what not. He's going to have a great season... well, thats enough for now I guess.

Tough loss last night. They looked real good for most of that first period and then seemed to play flat the rest of the night. The Caps were flying & were much better last night.

I wouldn't say it was a tough loss. The B's were outplayed in almost every facet of that game, except for Bergy's shorty. They need a room fogger full of 5 hour energy. I have to give the Caps props they were very disciplined and tight defensively and buzzing all night.

Bergy looks like he's back in form. Krejci looks pretty good for coming back from surgery. Hunwick and Stuart played "I don't want it, you take it" with the puck all night. If I had a dollar for every time they went backward towards their own net I'd be rich. It looke like the playoffs vs Carolina out there.

As upset as I was with the B's game....I was stoked for fantasy as I had Ovie, Semin, and Laich starting last night.

I wouldn't say it was a tough loss. The B's were outplayed in almost every facet of that game, except for Bergy's shorty. They need a room fogger full of 5 hour energy. I have to give the Caps props they were very disciplined and tight defensively and buzzing all night.

Bergy looks like he's back in form. Krejci looks pretty good for coming back from surgery. Hunwick and Stuart played "I don't want it, you take it" with the puck all night. If I had a dollar for every time they went backward towards their own net I'd be rich. It looke like the playoffs vs Carolina out there.

As upset as I was with the B's game....I was stoked for fantasy as I had Ovie, Semin, and Laich starting last night.

certainly looked flat alllll night... long season though, plenty of puck to be played!

go habs go

(sorry, just had to do it)

Complete 180 from thursday night, but it certainly couldn't have gotten any worse from there.

I thought it was pretty funny to see Savard throwing at Alberts after the cross check on Sturm. Just didn't expect it at all.

Complete 180 from thursday night, but it certainly couldn't have gotten any worse from there.

I thought it was pretty funny to see Savard throwing at Alberts after the cross check on Sturm. Just didn't expect it at all.

It was very similar to the Stars game last year. That is one of the things you can count on with this team. They stand up for one another and don't take crap from anyone.

What was Jay Harrison & Tom Kostopoulos thinking when they took on Lucic & Chara?

What was Jay Harrison & Tom Kostopoulos thinking when they took on Lucic & Chara?

"What's the quickest way I can get out of this embarrassing tilt?" maybe? haha

I don't think he saw much of the preseason but he has looked ok in games 1 and 2. There's a touch of rust in there but he seems to be skating well.

Potted a nice goal last night... that Alberts hit on Sturm had me cringe for a second.

Speaking of Alberts... dear lord, did Shawn Thronton light him up.