Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Supplemental Discpline 2013-14

That hit was completely uncalled for and appears to be an attempt to injure to me. I did not see it live, so my comment only comes from seeing replays from two different angles.

What lead up to the hit? Was it provoked by some previous interaction between Scott and Eriksson? Was Scott put out to fire up his bench? Eriksson seems like an odd guy to target. When I heard about the incident but didn't know who Scott hit, I assumed that he had targeted Lucic or Rask as repayment for last year's incident with Miller. That would at least have some pay backrationale behind it, but this just seems like an out of the blue attempt to injure, which makes it all the more uncalled for.

Disagree 100%.

This hit is exactly what has been wrong with the NHL. Late and unnecessary like you said, but he was absolutely aiming for the head. That picture says it all. These guys just do not belong in the league in any capacity, and three of the best examples of these guys are employed by the SAME TEAM (Kaleta, Scott, Ott). They're not there to play hockey, so why are they in the National Hockey League?

I've said time and time again, if teams are going to continue to employ these kinds of players, the roster spot should be gone for the duration of whatever suspension is handed down. Maybe then people will learn.

100%?

You don't see the difference between this hit, and those we've seen with a guy leaving his feet, going for maximum force in a hit?

And you think that Scott's aim is so bad that he dropped his shoulder and got that much chest, while deliberately going for the head?

I'm not sure what you mean by "these kinds of players". I remember Scott as a fighter, but not a particularly dirty checker. Have I missed some of his history?

100%?

You don't see the difference between this hit, and those we've seen with a guy leaving his feet, going for maximum force in a hit?

And you think that Scott's aim is so bad that he dropped his shoulder and got that much chest, while deliberately going for the head?

I'm not sure what you mean by "these kinds of players". I remember Scott as a fighter, but not a particularly dirty checker. Have I missed some of his history?

You can't tell me he wasn't going for maximum force with this hit. There was no unfortunate circumstance, that was fully intent-to-injure.

And by "these guys," I mean players who have no skill other than with their fists/shoulders/elbows, or in Kaleta's case sometimes, his head. I'm a Flyers fan and I would even put Rinaldo with these guys, although my attitude towards him has drastically changed the past year and a half. All they are is black eyes on the sport, and as much as I want to see the League succeed and grow, it never will when every morning I wake up, someone else has a hearing with the Department of Player Safety. It has to be stopped, and it has to be stopped now. Someone is going to die out there sooner than later.

Scott came more than halfway across the ice to make the hit from the side. He made sure to get in front and pick the head first. He came through with a high elbow to make sure the point of impact was high. I'm not sure what his suspension history is, but this one will likely be 5-7 games if he has minimal history.

Unfortunately no history, or else it would easily be 10+. The footage for this hit can go straight to the top of the list of textbook headshots the NHL can use for examples.

I think it's pretty dumb that mcquaid got in instigating penalty on the ensuing fight as well. Pretty sure the vicious elbow to the head instigated that one

TSN is reporting that Kaleta's appeal was denied.

TSN also reports that Scott is suspended indefinitely pending his hearing, which has not yet been scheduled. This seems redundant -- doesn't a match penalty carry an indefinite suspension, requiring league action for the player to return?

100%?

I think the only reason he didn't leave his feet is he would have been fishing at air if he had....

100%?

If Scott had left his feet on that dirty hit he, most likely, would have tumbled over Eriksson and everything would have been non-issue... Anyway, glad that Scott is suspended indefinitely and hopefully for the season!

Any truth to the rumor that the NHL will be setting up a dedicated room for hearings in Buffalo? It would save everyone a lot of time

Hey.......let me bask in Lecavalier's hat trick and a two-game winning streak for at least an hour :laugh:. It hasn't been fun up until now haha

I missed the game, nothing on TV here at my hotel on Long Island. Glad to hear about Vinny, he actually seems like a genuinely decent guy.

I was wondering how long it would take for him to be paired with Giroux, luckily it's panning out so far, but that's a discussion for the Flyers thread, of course.

It doesn't seem to fit. Maybe he's decided to get more serious about the head hits. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the next big name player making one of these hits.