Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whip

Why is innovative so good?

Ive read a lot of post about sticks and shafts, some on here and some on other stick forums and everyone absolutly love innovative, why is that? Coming from Alberta hear we dont have much brands to choose from, its either Bauer, Easton and only a few selcetive places have tps stuff so what is the big fuss about innovative? are they really that good, i thougt easton made the best shafts but now i am wondering if they are too overreated, so why is Innovative a good shaft company?

Way to be informative and helpful.

From what I have read about Inno they make good sticks because of their benefits towards shooting and durability. A few of the other stick companies (not quite sure which) use innovative shafts and then just make them whatever model that company sells. I'm probably not the best person to be telling you why they are good, but thier reputation is hard to blemish.

Yes, Innovative makes sticks for other companies, however, a large part of their reputation is because they are still considered 'underground.' There is a lot of demand for their product and they're not able to supply enough to meet it.

One of Inno's strongest points is thier blades not only thier shafts. Inno also has a good reputation, like Kirsch stated, that they use to thier advantage.

I use Inno sticks and they are really good no doubt. They are very durable and yet provide excellent performance. I would say Easton is over rated now. I used to be an Easton gear whore but since I've joined the now defunct CB and MSH I've learned to broaden my horizon. If you havent given Inno a try I'd seriously suggest it.

Innovative runs their company differently than any other in the hockey biz. 85% of their business is for other companies, such as BauerNike, Hespeler, and various others. The other 15% is obvioulsy their own, and as JR said, is hard to come by. However, they really do save their best work for their own stuff. Every Innovative shaft, blade, or one peice, that I have used has been the best quality that I have experienced. I am currently using an 1100 fused one piece, and I cant see myself switching in the near future. The shaft is solid, the blade has the best feel of any composite, and thus far it has taken a beating and stayed 100$ intact. Also, the kick that their shaft produces is in my opinion the best in the business.

Innovative runs their company differently than any other in the hockey biz. 85% of their business is for other companies, such as BauerNike, Hespeler, and various others. The other 15% is obvioulsy their own, and as JR said, is hard to come by. However, they really do save their best work for their own stuff. Every Innovative shaft, blade, or one peice, that I have used has been the best quality that I have experienced. I am currently using an 1100 fused one piece, and I cant see myself switching in the near future. The shaft is solid, the blade has the best feel of any composite, and thus far it has taken a beating and stayed 100$ intact. Also, the kick that their shaft produces is in my opinion the best in the business.

This so called "kick" in their shafts, where can i find it on another shaft? or is it innovative only, can any other shafts compare to this kick u guys are talking about?

And its posts like those that make me wanna order from US and have it shipped to oil and beef town.

I got an 1100 with a short hosel Mogilny blade and its honestly the best stick Ive used, feel and durability wise. I have an XX and a Synergy both pro stocks and hope that I dont have to switch back to them after using my inno 1100

I got an 1100 with a short hosel Mogilny blade and its honestly the best stick Ive used, feel and durability wise. I have an XX and a Synergy both pro stocks and hope that I dont have to switch back to them after using my inno 1100

Omg now iam really tempted to get one, does anybody kno if united cyle of edmonton has any innos?

Alberta has as good a hockey selection as anywhere else in North America. I mean unless you are from a small town that's understandable, but here in Edmonton almost everything is available, except you are right, Inno products are nowhere to be found and I think that is a result of previous attempts to sell it that failed as it did not meet expectations.

I got an 1100 with a short hosel Mogilny blade and its honestly the best stick Ive used, feel and durability wise.  I have an XX and a Synergy both pro stocks and hope that I dont have to switch back to them after using my inno 1100

Omg now iam really tempted to get one, does anybody kno if united cyle of edmonton has any innos?

No they don't.

Most of the guys I know with fairly heavy shots have problems with the Inno shafts twisting. The Novius more so than the 1100.

I've used an Inno Novius tapered shaft before and while it wasn't bad, it wasn't for me. Inno's worth a try, but from my experience, it wasn't as big a deal as they've been made out to be.

My feeling is that you should try one first. It's the only brand that I've seen with that problem.

Most of the guys I know with fairly heavy shots have problems with the Inno shafts twisting. The Novius more so than the 1100.

i had that exact problem too.

m not that big though.. 6'0 180

i was using a 300 flex novius, i then got a 220 flex and my shot was so much better, it seemed to shoott 10x more accurate and my shot felt a little faster to.

this might not be the case for everyone, but me with innovative its better to use a stiffer stick than I normally would

The only Inno made shaft I really notice the twisting with is my Quest 1. Then again, all my other Inno shafts are considerably stiffer so the effect may be masked. I wouldn't say Inno's shafts are markedly better than any other company's when it comes to shot performance, but they have an incredibly solid feel to them and can take a beating.

I've only used the Fused 1100, I felt it had great kick and excellent puck feel. The blades are stiff, but provide great feel. I didn't experience any twisting in the shaft.

As Chadd said, the Novius torques quite a fair bit if you pack some heat on your shot. I am very interested in trying a 1100.

No you cannot find Inno in Edmonton.

So Whip, I suggest you go to just hockeys website. They are located in Don Mills Ontario, and will ship next day to Edmonton.

Edit. www.justhockeysfs.com

Another aspect that I felt was a big plus for me was the balance. Inno doesnt seem like they just want to make the lightest product available and thats all their worried about. Their sticks might be slighty heavier but i can only name 1 stick that had just as good balance (xn10)