Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tour Code 1

I was in my rink's pro-shop and I talked to the guy in there about the Tour Code 1's. He said they are crazy light, lighter than Wicked Lights. The side part is completely vented, but is still stiff and protective. The Labeda Genesis wheels are sick light, and very grippy. He was very happy from what he's seen from his Tour rep. He said the Genesis wheel is either just about to be released, or is already on its way. The Code 1's he heard were for release after the Summer, possibly early Fall. He wasn't sure why they would release after the Summer tournements and leagues, because people would want them before they all start.

here's the billion dollar question, what frames are coming on them? I'm guessing they're staying with the hummer since they couldn't go hi-lo even if they wanted.

I asked, he said the Hummer is stickin around. I think u can actually see the hummer in a pic on another post about the Genesis Wheel. I think JimA is supposed to come thru with some pics as he knows guys that are in them already.

here's the billion dollar question, what frames are coming on them? I'm guessing they're staying with the hummer since they couldn't go hi-lo even if they wanted.

I have another Billion dollar question. With the weight shedding is the boot still gonna hold up like the Beemer or fall apart after a month?

That would be my biggest concern.

Tomas

pics pics pics.... :( i want pics :P anyways is it wise for a company to give out pre-release skates like that? i mean there is still lot's of time before we see the new line of skates so isn't there a chance other companies will copy/steal some of the new features?

pics pics pics.... :(  i want pics  :P    anyways is it wise for a company to give out pre-release skates like that?  i mean there is still lot's of time before we see the new line of skates so isn't there a chance other companies will copy/steal some of the new features?

From what I understand, Tour has been testing various materials needed to create a new "lightweight" version of the 2004 Blue Max and Beemer style skates. During this process it would be normal to be floating test sets out with various well known and valued testers from within the Tour family. Standard practice with almost all the serious manufacturers....However given the poor reputation for durability that almost all lightweight high performance skates have been recieving during the past several years, it seems only prudent that Tour will be somewhat covert about their results and the availability of new models, until they are certain they will have a product that exceeds the current durability expectations for super lightweight skates.

The Blue Max and Beemers have never been considered "lightweight" skates, although neither are they "heavyweights" either....using all 80 mm wheels makes getting the weight down tough.....I think when Tour does release their newest offerings, they will indeed be a force for others to reckon with, as I know how cognizant they are of the durability issues seen in competitor's skates...Also because these durability issues have not been seen in their current Blue Max or Beemer models....the issue of durability has become a very positive selling point for Tour's skates...Coming out with a lightweight skate that loses it's character, and has major durability problems quickly, would really throw their marketing platform into confusion.

Tour has gained some serious market ground with the Beemer and the Blue Max as well as with the introduction of the Hum'er technology and would be unlikely to jeoprodize this with the introduction of another line which had some of the problems seen with the G series.

It's actually pretty syandard for companies to give their marquee players the new stuff to test out. Gerry St Cyr was one of the first people to wear the CCM PF10, and prolly for feedback to CCM. CJ Yoder having played for Tour sponsered teams for the last several yrs know would be an obvious choice for them. It's not like these guys given the new stuff are going to run to another company going "hey, check this out"

The new Code 1 frame will be a new revamped lighter weight Hum'er called the Cat Eye Hum'er.

Also remember Tour got away from the Hi/Lo even when they could use it.

They were using the Sensor and have now evolved into the Hum'er!

it looked like there are cutouts on the frame, is that the cat eye part? I wasn't sure from a distance if it was cut outs or graphics

What kind of wheels you got on there? They don't look like the Genesis wheels that are supposed to come with the Code1's. They look like Gripper Lites actually, at least the rear blue wheels anyway. What is your impression of the skates? You like?

The Code 1's are definately the best skates I have ever used. The Beemers are real nice, it may be hard to believe but the Code 1's are even better. They are the lightest skates I have ever put on my feet and with the all 80mm wheels, WOW. Who knows what they are going to come out with next? :huh:

How is the support though? Have they compromised support/protection for lighter weight by venting the outsoles?

The Code 1's are definately the best skates I have ever used. The Beemers are real nice, it may be hard to believe but the Code 1's are even better. They are the lightest skates I have ever put on my feet and with the all 80mm wheels, WOW. Who knows what they are going to come out with next? :huh:

We cant see any pics of yours?

The new wheels, Labeda "Genesis" is the wheel that is on the Code 1's. You will definately see that this wheel is amazing. I used them at college nationals and I felt like I was flying on them.

Yeah who are you lindenhood?

#96, there is great support in the boot. The protection is also there too. If you can, look for a Tour booth at a local tournament and check them out in person.

Thanks for the insightful posts Dragon...they sound like a great skate. I don't travel to play, so I'll never be able too see a Tour booth unfortunately. I'll just have to wait for their general release, or until you post some pics for us ;)

Just posted pics on the NARCh.com site..go to photos/videos and the Fredricksburg Regional..its on page 2 or 3...

Thanks for linking it, I was going to do it last night..but after 19 hours at the rink just lacked the motivation..it looks like a great skate though..and of course..waiting to see what Justin and co will release at Finals this July...rumors are its a wing tip to match the uniforms from last year