Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FoNzEe

Jagr Deke?

Hi, ive heard about the Jagr deke but I dont actually know what it is. Can someone please explain what it is to me? Thank you.

the move isnt necessarily roofing it, its just putting the puck and stick between your legs and shooting it. where you shoot it, pretty much has nothing to do with any moves, its just how you like to finish it. ie: roofing the puck

Wasn't that Lemieux?

Ya didn't lemieux do that in like the 97 playoffs agaisnt boston or florida can't remeber which team toght but i'm sure it was lemieux

the move isnt necessarily roofing it, its just putting the puck and stick between your legs and shooting it. where you shoot it, pretty much has nothing to do with any moves, its just how you like to finish it. ie: roofing the puck

One of my guys did it on a breakaway in a one goal game. It turned out to be the game winner. He's always practicing that move.

that would be great. up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, select, square, circle to pull a michigan move behind the net. :unsure:

You sure post alot "hockey", a michigan is where you pick up the puck on your stick, ie Mike Legg and Sidney Crosby.

that would be great. up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, select, square, circle to pull a michigan move behind the net. :unsure:

Or get you 30 guys on the rink. :P

You sure post alot "hockey", a michigan is where you pick up the puck on your stick, ie Mike Legg and Sidney Crosby.

thanks for telling me what a michigan move is!! and sorry if i post to much for you.

And if you look on todays top 10 posters there are still people that have about 15 more than me.

First to do it in a widely televised game. People have been doing it for years before that and unfortunatly Legg got a lot more credit than he should have for it.

First to do it in a widely televised game. People have been doing it for years before that and unfortunatly Legg got a lot more credit than he should have for it.

legg got all the credit he deserved .......IMO crosby should barely get any credit since his team was up by like 8 goals and after he did it he pushed all his teammates off of him and celebrated alone......on the other hand Legg scored the tieing goal in a tight game, which took a lot of guts

actually im not so sure it was "years" before legg did it because he learned it from one of his friends who played on the detroit vipers i believe, and i also believe his friend was the first to do it in a higher level hockey game. i believe jr. told us that a while ago?

Wasn't that Lemieux?

Ya didn't lemieux do that in like the 97 playoffs agaisnt boston or florida can't remeber which team toght but i'm sure it was lemieux

Yeah I believe that he did it against Boston. I have an old hockey VHS movie that shows it.

actually im not so sure it was "years" before legg did it because he learned it from one of his friends who played on the detroit vipers i believe, and i also believe his friend was the first to do it in a higher level hockey game. i believe jr. told us that a while ago?

Ok I meant it wasn't as though it was a move that was made up and done on the spot right then and there... it's a moved that had been a practice and pick-up reserved move for sometime before that.

that would be great. up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, select, square, circle to pull a michigan move behind the net. :rolleyes:

there would be 15-20 michigan move per game with this option instead of one per year.

A guy did the "Michigan" a couple weeks ago at pick up. He's been playing roller for years, and can do it in Roller no problem, but that was the first time he'd ever done it on Ice.

Pretty impressive to see it done for real.

I did it in my warm-ups for the first time today. It was perfect, and I scored...I was sooo happy, but then I tried to do it again, and messed up on the shot

I would consider the shooting between your legs move more Mario's than Jagr, although I've seen Jagr do it before too. It was just real sweet when Lemieux did it because he has the defender right on him.

Jagr has a lot of good moves, one that comes to mind is pretty simple... he's on the outside and uses his strength and leg drive to cut to the inside and get the shot off while holding off the d-man. Actually Sergei probably does this better than anyone in the league ;)

Jagr is also really good at puckhandling really fast then getting off a quick wrist shot in one fluid motion, plus he has a pretty hard wrister.

I agree with Federov91. I think the move that is being talked about is (at least in my area) the lemueix move rather than the jagr move. I have never heard of the jagr deke being refered to as shoting with the stick between the legs, usually I have heard it called the lemueix move. I do remember jagr always making a quick, hard turn on the goalie from his backhand and stuffing the puck in forehand though. That could be considered the Jagr move, however it isn't really that unique with the exception that Jagr just did it so effectively and usually beat the goalie pretty badly.