Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on Mission Wicked Lights Skates.

Hi guys,

I need your input and experience here.

I have the opportunity to buy some Mission Wicked Lights at a very low price.

As I have absolutely no experience with this model (carbon frame), I'd like to know your feelings about it.

On the sidenote, I like stiff boots and I'm currently skating on some Easton Z-Air ('02) with some Labeda frame underneath, and Dynasties wheels. The boot is just starting to feel too soft now...

Any thoughts and feelings are appreciated.

Thanks

it depends on your size. If you are an average-bigger sized guy, replace the chassis immediatley. The boot is ok, but the chassis cracks very easily under wieght of about 150 pounds or so. I have seen probably 3-4 of those carbon ones break every year, just in drop in.

whew yeah....boot = good, especially if you're getting it at a good price. frames = brittle. even just stopping hard on them has been known to crack them right where the axle goes through. best bet would be to see if you'd still end up not losing much if you mount your labeda's on the boot and just keep whatever wheels you're getting in the deal.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

I'm 5'11 and weight 143. So I'm not a heavy guy.

Do you think the frame will hold up a little?

I like stiff boots and need some light skates. Are they still among the lightest of the current skates?

You think I'm better of buying some purefly's and change the frame?

Thanks

sorry to change the subject, but if anyone has any wicked lights (new or used) pm me. ive been looking for a pair forever!. anyewhere from 8.5 to a 9

sorry to change the subject, but if anyone has any wicked lights (new or used) pm me. ive been looking for a pair forever!. anyewhere from 8.5 to a 9

put that in the buy section

I weight 200lbs and used my Wicked Lite Skates 2 or 3 times a week for 2 years, the frame stood up to the abuse (my previous skates Tour lasted a year). The frame was too flexible but I loved the light weight of the skate. If youre getting it at a good price, like US$200 or below buy them.

mine came with the vibe tho, which adds some weight tho. i really wanted the carbon chassis. i only weigh 115 lbs, so it wouldnt probably crack on me. (if anyone has one pm me tho)

Any idea where I could pick up a pair of these skates online? Any retailers selling them? Or is my best bet the Buy/Sell boards or Ebay?

Glad you've found some in your size Kovalchuk :) Here they only had 9.5 and 10 in size...

I bought mine too. I have the version without the vibe chassis. Just the carbon frame.

From the first moment they felt quite comfy for such a stiff boot.

It's the first time that I will try some mini bearings... I'm a bit sceptical but we'll see.

I'll give you guys a little review when I will have played a bit.

damn, i wanted the carbon chassis..... lucky. where do u live 56? wanna trade a vibe that came on mine for it. u might crack it and i dont want that to happen to ya :) . I only weigh 115 lbs so i know i wont crack it. i was really looking forward to haing the carbon chassis, but at least i found a pair. ive looked everywhere in the US lol.

i found that the wicked light skates weigh 595 g each with the carbon chassis, but how much do they weigh with the vibe. a website said that mission claimed they added 70-90 g but does anyone kno?

I absolutly hate the Vibe system so I'm going to stick with the carbon frame.

Sorry Kovalchuk :P

What was the name of the store where you found them? MN?

Can someone explain the theory behind the Vibe chasis to me? I ended up having them on my VSi's just because those were the only things that they came with at the time I purchased them.

56, i bought my skates from Source for Sports in MN. Last pair too :P

Kirsch, Wicked lights are very hard to get nowadays. ive been looking for about a year now and this is the only NEW pair ive found (except for some in LA healthsouth) and they were still 500 <_<

The vibe has shocks on it and thhockey17 told me a while ago its supposed to help your stopping. adds 70-90 g on a regular chassis. :angry:

Im pretty sure that the shocks are there to improve turning as well so that you get a sharper turning radius like you would in ice hockey.

i found that the wicked light skates weigh 595 g each with the carbon chassis, but how much do they weigh with the vibe.

595?! Maybe without any wheels on them... wheels weigh in around 500-650 grams all by themselves...

I was wondering if I could bake them (Mission Wicked Light with Carbon Frame) so they would fit properly...

Anyone knows if it will damage the skates or not?

As I have never tried it and always broke them the natural way (with blisters :( ), I want to know if it is better to bring them at my shop and do it in their bake machine or if I could do it at home with my own oven???

Thanks for your suggestions.

Man, i had Wicked Lights two years ago with the carbon chassis. The frame broke, as everyone else is saying, and the boot was so damn stiff, i never could get it to break in properly. I had them baked twice, so yes, you can bake them. They also have very high very hard arches, so if you have flat feet, these will kill you. They were light, but that was all they had going for them as far as i'm concerned.

Thanks for the input :blink:

I actually like the high fit. I have the feeling that my ankles are more protected (purely imagination but hell). I feel that I can't bend very far towards though... But I haven't had a decent practice yet so I can't really comment.

We'll see... Good luck with your pair Kovalchuk :)