Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

Just an idea for a hockey product

ogie,

just a thought what are the rules concerning this product. i know you are in developmental stages now. but i don't think USA hockey would allow some kid to use a "ridgid" product on the outside of their stick around the the location you are talking about. so i'm thinking if it goes inside that you would have an easier time selling it.

ogie,

just a thought what are the rules concerning this product. i know you are in developmental stages now. but i don't think USA hockey would allow some kid to use a "ridgid" product on the outside of their stick around the the location you are talking about. so i'm thinking if it goes inside that you would have an easier time selling it.

I'm not really looking to talk about selling these things yet - right now, I'll just put something together and see how it works.

Not sure if ref's will give me grief over it or not. Only argument I can see is if it has jagged edges they might worry it'd cut people on hooks or what not (completely possible too). So, I may cover the top with some tape or something.

Other than that, not sure.

BUT, as it stands now, it would be going "inside" the shaft (the tapered tenon portion that is, at least, that's my plan).

just wanted to give you something to thing about. for the edges try putting it a grinder. you could also paint it to match your stick color to hide it somewhat.

just wanted to give you something to thing about. for the edges try putting it a grinder. you could also paint it to match your stick color to hide it somewhat.

Make it a shiny silver and Ryan Smyth will buy them. ;)

Ogie,

If you're looking to apply for a patent. Go to http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/provapp.htm

This is info on how to go about getting a provisional patent. This is a low cost option if you want to get the process started without putting down too much $$.

But beware, this provisional patent application is only good for 1 year. If you don't act on formalizing a proper utility patent, then you may lose all rights to your patent art.

The provisional method is good if you're not sure if your idea has legs, and want to do some more research. The provisional route is good if you want to get your idea formally filed before someone else does.

ogie,to patent something you have to think of a name for the product and then first see if the name is taken. Then you have to fill out a form and I think there is a fee(not sure though). Just google search for patenting a product.

You're talking about registering a trademark which is a whole different kettle of fish than patenting an idea, which need not be named.

Although, once an idea is trotted out in a public forum like this, Ogie *may* have lost the ability to get it patented. I'm not a patent lawyer so you'd best consult one if you're serious here.

WE HAVE SUCCESS!!!!.....I made a prototype and it was AMAZING! I actually noticed an increase in velocity (as weid as that sounds....) But its like 5 inches long lol....We gotta find a way to make it smaller or youll have to cut the shaft i guess..But it was great! Just letting you guys know :)

I acutally didnt grind down the metal to put it in the shaft....I used a piece of wood and put about 3 Inches in the shaft and 3 in the converter...Suprisingly for all of you doubters, the feel was there.....It was great

It's not a public forum. The site has owners. :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it didn't, I only meant to point out that publicly airing ideas *may* have implications for their patentability, which he ought to look into. The site may be privately owned but the forum is essentially public. If Ogie is serious about patenting, it would be wise to consult a patent attorney - he doesn't have to pay for all the patent fees, just a consultation. Also he would be wise to start documenting any and all work he does on the idea, in the event that some other party tries to claim they were working on it first (though likely his airing in this forum establishes a firm date at which he had the idea, but refinements that work their way into the product might need such establishment). A notebook with pages which are not removeable without damage , dated at the bottom of each page with his signature and a witnesses' at the end of each day, would probably do well.

Dang!  Check out the big brain on Nuggy!

Lol, a few years back I was interested in patenting something myself, so I did a lot of reading on the topic. Never did end up going anywhere with it, though I did keep the notebook with notes on my "invention". I hope, if you go forward with it, that I am dead wrong about the patentability of the idea being jeopardized... good luck.