Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duder84

First Ever Sticks

man..if you're first stick was a Turbo, they were $50 in a time of $14 woodies...and tanks to boot..I never could understand how Bossy, Kerr etc could flex those ...

I'm pretty sure I started with a Vic...maybe a Northland..but I'm pretty sure it was a Vic...

Who said anything about flexin' it? Haha, it was a hand me down from my older cousin, so I wouldn't know how much they cost...I loved that stick. It was a tank sure enough (it lasted me several years of street hockey abuse - the abs blade wore out before the shaft). I wish I'd kept the shaft as a memento when I moved.

Regardless of the stiffness, I got off some of the best slappers and wristers I've ever shot with that stick. And man, the snipeage...if they made those today, you can be sure I'd be rockin' one.

My stick was a hand me down from my older cousin and it was a sher-wood. Not sure of the model or anything just know that there was no curve, it was straight.

I remember one day i went skating with the school in like gr.1 or kindergarten and some girl stepped on it with her figure skates and so I put scotch tape over the chip (thought that would do alot :huh: )

A white Koho "pro feel".

Whooooooooooah man was that ever a nice stick. I think I posted in this thread already but I don't know if I mentioned the Pro Feel.

I had one but it was a junior model. I remember giving it to my buddy who's dad used to cart me to and from the rink w/ his kid.

I used to tape over the old tape on my blades til someone told me it's not such a good idea ahhaha.

I used to tape over the old tape on my blades til someone told me it's not such a good idea ahhaha.

I imagine that could get pretty heavy after a while...but then what do I know? I left the packing tape my cousin taped the blade with on my stick after he gave it to me, and I tried to use electrical tape once... :lol:

i used to use electrical tape for grip, used a massive amount in the middle of the shaft for grip when i was a kid....we really didn't care about weight and balance back then, as long as it shoots and didn't break we're happy ;)

I had an OLD sr. KoHo that ws cut down to fit my 3 foot 5 inch frame, so I don't even know the model no. It was pretty basic, ABS blade, laminated shaft, black tape. I still have it in my basement actually, I used to use it as a mini-stick.

i think my first stick was a branches of some sort. that was a long, long time ago though. when i first started hockey my dad bought me a black christian brothers stick and then for my birthday a few months later i got one of those blue eastons aluminum shafts that had yellow writing on it. i thought that was the coolest stick in the world.

I had like a Bauer Impact 200. That and a toy Bruins stick w/ a Mylec style blade on it. (still have both)

After that I got a Bauer Supreme 3030, what a heavy mofo...

Then an Easton Cyclone w/ Koho 3385 torpedo blade (still have it).

Then a Mission M-1 Hull

Now working with a Sher-Wood 7000 Coffey and Montreal 8850 Euro. curves.

Awaiting my TPS R2 Sundin blade to come in and slap it into my M-1 tapered shaft. And after that see if I can get that Wade Belak shaft down in the sell forum for the blade to get a more full stick, as my M-1 despite being "85" flex, hardened way past 100. A little too stiff for me, but it's all good.

My 1st stick was one of those POS aluminum Nike sticks, but hey I was 11 and it was shiny and cool lookin :D

My 1st GOOD stick was a Easton Ultra Lite Jr, it was good to me and lasted over a year