Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duder84

First Ever Sticks

First street hockey stick (and in general) was a Franklin Street Lightning w/ the screw on, bend by hand blades.

My first ice hockey shortly thereafter is a Vic 9000 ABS stick. It was probably meant for street hockey but I used it for ice. It says Made in Czeckoslovakia. They hadn't even split yet.

Now, my first real made for ice, ice hockey stick is a junior Koho Profeel woodie. Great stick. White w/ black and white graphics, natural wood blade, and very very light as far as junior sticks go.

Cooper Street hockey stick. Then Mylec for a long time, and finally I got my first (of many) Easton Aluminums :)

First one was a wooden franklin shaft with a plastic franklin blade....

First official stick was a Jr. Easton Carbon Tip Shaft with a Sherwood blade (Coffey Pattern)

My first stick was one of those Franklin sticks with the nifty screw on plastic blade. It even had those "aerodynamic" holes on the top. :D

I'm pretty sure its still in the garage somewhere..........

Yeah, I had that same Franklin stick. If I remember correctly, it was a black wood shaft and a neon green plastic blade. I used to go all out with the duct tape on that thing...

Junior or Youth Cooper. It was White, straight blade and a "natural light brown" blade. Thats the youngest one I can remember using at least. May have been a Christian and not Cooper stick.

Yeah, I had that same Franklin stick. If I remember correctly, it was a black wood shaft and a neon green plastic blade. I used to go all out with the duct tape on that thing...

LOL, same here man.

Yeah, I had that same Franklin stick. If I remember correctly, it was a black wood shaft and a neon green plastic blade.  I used to go all out with the duct tape on that thing...

LOL, same here man.

It was better than a stealth cause it glowed in the dark LOL :D

My first street hockey stick was one of those mylec jobs, but I can still remember the Christmas morning when I got a Canadien 6001. I must have put a whole roll of tape on the blade of that thing to try and protect it. Whew, that was 17 or 18 years ago.

My first stick was called Kitchener (cut off to fit me) and the second one was a Torspo. Does anyone know if these brands are still around?

Gee, wow. It's been a whole month since I got my first stick.... ;)

It was an Easton Z-Carbon 100 Forsberg. The guy at the LHS said that a flatter blade was better for beginners. But I forgot it at the rink after a game of pickup and now someone else has it now. Hopefully they'll like it and buy more.

I went back to the LHS to buy another and, now intrigued by the notion of curves, bought another and also got a Easton Z-Carbon 100 Yzerman.

I was playing with both of them today at stick and puck.

Sure the Forsberg puts it in the same place over and over for the most part given my limited ability. But the Yzerman: WOW!! Just a little flick and the puck is slamming high into the glass. Over here, over there... what fun!

Youth Bauer Supreme, Straight blade and white shaft/natural blade and blue writing. First curved stick Bauer Supreme 3030 Lindros ,great stick had it for 2 years of mites

this was over 25 years ago

first stick was a straight christian

first curved either koho natural with black letters or canadain 6001 white on blue. i loved that canadain though.

I hade a Gretzky titan with teal writing. I had it for so long before it broke. My second stick was a bauer supreme. I didn't know what I was getting myself into while I was watching my dad cut down my first stick. :lol:

1st Generation Junior Easton Ultra Light, the brown one with the kevlar braiding you can see, and a Junior Easton Kariya wood blade..

Do you know what's scary about this topic? In a few years when this topic has about 87 pages (or more likely a similar topic is born), the answers will be Synergy, Vapor XXX, M-1...etc.... So many young ones using these out of the starting gate I'm afraid. One can only blame the parents I guess. I am 27, have no children (thanks Trojan!) but parents PLEASE start the kids out on a wooden stick!