Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duder84

First Ever Sticks

my first actual hockey stick was one of them walmart franklins w/ the plastic blade that i used in the street, but my first real ice hockey stick was one of them oldschool black christians. and i think i remember it saying "say no to drugs" on it. hahaha

perfect timing for this topic to come up again.

now, i can't remember what stick i first used...but, i was out at my old mans game last tuesday. he and one of his buddies and i were joking about equipment, since his buddy just got his 6th pair of skates in his career, and he's been skating for 40+ years... and he remembers every pair he's owned!

they were lauging about their sticks they used to buy when they were kids. my dad says, i used to buy the Northland Pro's... they cost me $2.50, and that was cuz i couldn't afford the Custom model for $3.25.

they got their skates sharpened and bought equiment at the local Hardware Stores!

talk about the "good ole days"

I believe mine was a sher-wood, I was 7 and I think it was black with white letters. For a few years after that i was into the easton aluminums alot.

man..if you're first stick was a Turbo, they were $50 in a time of $14 woodies...and tanks to boot..I never could understand how Bossy, Kerr etc could flex those ...

I'm pretty sure I started with a Vic...maybe a Northland..but I'm pretty sure it was a Vic...

It was an all plastic wayne gretzgy stick that i lost in a blizzard and by the time the snow went away i as too big for it :D First real wood stick was a cheap Nike one that looked like Marios black with yellow designs. Then a blue sherwood with white letters.

it was one of those crappy sticks with the holes in the blades.

The same for me! such good times! When i broke it slashing it on the ground i feeled so bad because i didnt have another one for backup! :lol:

I hate when kids blame their brand new OPS just to look though!

My first real stick was a red Franklin 2 piece with plastic blade from wally world. The thing was a tank I put a wood blade in it and used it for street hockey, You couldnt break it if you wanted to, trust me I tried :D

he and one of his buddies and i were joking about equipment, since his buddy just got his 6th pair of skates in his career, and he's been skating for 40+ years... and he remembers every pair he's owned!

Did you tell him that some of these young pups nowdays have mom and dad buy them 6 pairs of skates in ONE year? :lol: He probably would have keeled over.

Well I can't remember my first stick but my first shaft was a orange nike shaft right when they first got into the business. Then I got really excited when I got my top of the line easton grip shaft with the green ultralite blade.

Well I can't remember my first stick but my first shaft was a orange nike shaft right when they first got into the business. Then I got really excited when I got my top of the line easton grip shaft with the green ultralite blade.

Same here! Only my nike was the red and black one. Holy crap I can remember my parents freaking out about spending 60 DOLLARS! for my grip lite. haha