Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bulldog101

mission Hex-1

yep..i got one about a month ago......honestly i wouldnt recomend it...

its not nearly the lightest stick out there. its feels like a wooden stick.

the blade chips kinda easly...and it looks like i have a tyedie stick because of all the people hacking me.

if your gonna get a top of the line stick dont get this one...not worth 160..maybe 110

i would recomend any TPS stick..used almost all.and love those

isnt what people whant...a wood feel for a OPS?? and maybe it not the lightest...but it feel well balanced(maybe not the best but oh well!)

HEX-1 is a great stick! But you have to get the right flex. They are a little stiffer, from my experience, than the M-1's and the L-2. Every brand is kind of like this and just takes getting the right flex. I always use an 85 flex Synergy but in the Stealth, the 85 was way too whippy and the 100 is just right. With the HEX-1, if you use a 100 flex M-1 or Synergy, I'd go with 85 in the HEX-1. But with the right flex, no better stick out there..period. And the Ribiero curve is just sweet.

As for lightness, not too big a deal in all reality. A stick is ALL about balance, flex & release point. I used to be a huge TPS fan, still like their sticks, but when their first really light sticks came, mybe XN-10 in red, not exactly sure, but it felt terrible. So light but NO FEEL at all. Lightest stick there was but worst feeling stick I had tried. So just going by weight hasn't proved to be a good measuring stick for me.

As for chips and paint coming off the HEX-1, I haven't noticed too much...and is defintiely better than my sons Synergy SL. The blue is completely off after 2 months. SO I think the HEX is on par with the other guys.

Peace

Kovy, You might be right but between my HEX 1 and still my favorite, my L-2, it is hard to want to try anything else. Favorite for about 3 years was my TPS Genesis with a focus flex and TRI CORE. Then I tried everything under the sun until the L-2 came my way. Stealth still real good and HEX 1 is sweet but for overall performance, value, looks...hard to beat the L-2.

Later

What would you choice hex1 or stealth...i do own a L-2...and matched with a L-2 blade it has a really nice feeling...maybe even better than my sicore synthesis...but SO BAD Balance(IMO) mission blade are heavy imo...

anyways i don't whant to talk about the L-2...

i know it always PP...but we can still make a GENERAL opinions about a product...like how much balanced to the stick feel with a puck...(i.e: my L-2 with a l2 blade felt okay balanced...but worse with a puck)...

I haven't tried it on the ice, but my LHS finally got some in. Few things to say.

The Ribeiro curve is godly!!!!! Oh my god. Looking at it, it looks to be exactly what I have been searching for in the perfect curve. The feel of the shaft is an improvement. Nice contour feel. The store had both Grip and Non. Grip one is uglier IMO, but I do like the feel of the Grip on the Hex's better than any other new 2005 OPS Grip. I put on a pair of Vapor XXX's in the store (same gloves I have), and was messing around with a tennis ball they had, and I know it aint the same, but this stick felt really easy to move. The blade is extremely thin!!! That is probably the only thing that stopped me from buying a 100 Flex Ribiero (non-grip), right there. I want to see some reviews of the blade holds up before I drop $275 CDN (after tax) on this stick.