Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flamesfanatic

Tie Skating Technique

I've heard its better to alternate the laces on the top, like, when you lace up your skates do not lace all the holes for one strand before the other because the second strand will always be on top. But if you havent tried it already, wax laces can make a big difference in how tight you can tie your skates, although from my experience waxed laces have less give in them and can cause lace bite.

put the laces through from outside to inside

Backlace with wax, you'll be surprised at how tight they stay.

What I do is stop at your 3rd eyelet to the top then feen the lace from there up to the topone, on the outside and ffed it in through the eyelet. Then put the two ends into the small ( shapes the laces make and tie them. I never have to retie my skates because they never come loose. I don't even use waxed laces. If anyone wants pics just PM me.

Guest phillyfan

I usually lace up to two holes down, and then I wrap around the ankle once and tie in the front. Then I tuck the tongue under my shin pad, stays tight throughout the game.

I lace all the way to the top eyelit without my shinguards on. I tighten them pretty tightly, then slide my shinguard on behind the toung. They are loose enough to get the shinguard down behind the toung but thats about all. I lace them so that they are laced so that when you pull tight it pulls the boot inwards.

I tie up to the top real tight and put my shinpad over it, thats how i like it

same here, but i dont do the very top eyelet, or the 2 top ones depending on the stiffness of the boot.

same here, but i dont do the very top eyelet, or the 2 top ones depending on the stiffness of the boot.

o ya and i tape around the ankle one time with white tape for more stiffness

When it comes to skates, mine must be loose. I've pulled them off one time without undoing the laces. I guess it's personal preference?

Guest Boston10
When it comes to skates, mine must be loose. I've pulled them off one time without undoing the laces. I guess it's personal preference?

My Boy is just like you..in between periods he takes off his skate without untying it. He also does not even take the tape off his shinpads after each game...For a good player he sure is weird lol

o ya and i tape around the ankle one time with white tape for more stiffness

I dont even use tape for my shinpads anymore. I became too lazy/cheap to buy tape, at least for my pads.

I like two strap shinpads. They stay in place and don't require taping over your socks.

Guest LEAFS12
i use waxed laces they work well they stay tight
I also us waxed laces, they do stay tight until half way through the third period. Then you find yourself tieing them rathier then playing the game.

Guest LEAFS12

No even worse, your tieing your skates on the bench when they come loose and your lace breaks.(Thats happened to me before).