Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hehatemefrisbee

Vapor XX at Red Wings camp.

Why do people call those jerseys "Euro style"? I'm in Europe and no teams here (in Sweden anyway, don't know about the other countries) use that style, they all use traditional style jerseys (usually of brands like CCM/RBK or Bauer/Nike, some use SP too I think). I guess these practice jerseys look more like soccer jerseys in a way though but that's another story.

Could it be due to the fact that the style of jersey and material are similair to European style soccer jerseys.. - Like form fitting, light weight micro fibre type material ?? I was just asking myself the same question..

Is Jimmy Howard in 11" pads?

yes

Thank you.

My buddy from U Maine says JH moving on is a big loss but the next goalie at Maine is 6"5"(before he puts his skates on!).

I don't see what there is to be complaining about practice jerseys. I think they look good, much better and more creative than the old solid ones.

The NHL on the crest goes the wrong way.... :lol:

I have a NYR one in my shop. It's prob the best practice jersey you can find. Not cheap.

I saw a Lightning one here in Tampa. They have it at the hockey shop inside the rink that they practice at. Nice jersey but never asked about price. Not even sure it was for sale.

I don't see what there is to be complaining about practice jerseys. I think they look good, much better and more creative  than the old solid ones.

The NHL on the crest goes the wrong way.... :lol:

I have a NYR one in my shop. It's prob the best practice jersey you can find. Not cheap.

SP makes a pro level practice jersey with fight strap. Outstanding jersey but more expensive than most people want to pay. The pro level practice jerseys are better quality than the ones most people use as game jerseys.

yes

Thank you.

My buddy from U Maine says JH moving on is a big loss but the next goalie at Maine is 6"5"(before he puts his skates on!).

Correction, Jimmy Howard is not in 11" pads. The pads he was wearing in training camp were from the University of Maine, and the NCAA doesn't have the 11" restriction yet. His Detroit equipment still hasn't arrived yet. Here is a link to the article from The Macomb Daily which states this:

Goalies cope with smaller pads and jerseys

yes

Thank you.

Correction, Jimmy Howard is not in 11" pads. The pads he was wearing in training camp were from the University of Maine, and the NCAA doesn't have the 11" restriction yet. His Detroit equipment still hasn't arrived yet. Here is a link to the article from The Macomb Daily which states this:

Goalies cope with smaller pads and jerseys

Yes Jimmy is in the regular 12" pads. He went to the RBK's. Turned down the first set of Vaughn Epics we originally got for him, per request. He got those pads from our shop. We do a lot of different colleges in the Maine region. We take care of UMaine, University of Southern Maine (D3), and Ray Jean at Bentley. We do Ray because he started out as a red shirt at UMaine. Plus he is from Gardiner, ME which is like 15 minutes from our shop.

yes

Thank you.

Yeah he's a big boy. The 38" pad he tried with us is borderline fitting him. He is going to need to figure out what he wants done to his pad for the custom order. He is closer to being 6'6"...but not quite there yet. He'll take up a lot of net! I just am wondering how well he'll be able to move.

masterpirate, wheres your shop at?

Its my uncle's shop. I'm second in command, I'm still in college so I have yet to open up my own or take over his, we aren't sure what we are going to do. The shop is in Winslow, ME in Sukee Arena. Its about an hour and 15 minutes south of the UMaine campus. we have a website, very basic but gets the point across. Instant Replay