Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

capes921

nhl 06

they have most of the new and high end skates and sticks in the game. everything from graf skates to tps sticks... they have almost everything... even mission skates.

Few questions after renting it?

Why are all of my players so fat? I checked, and its not just Lindros. Kovalchuk is fat too as are lots of other guys. This seems to make them slower in the game, when really, they aren't at all. I had some trouble at first with the line adjustments and am not fond of NHL 94 at all. I wish it was the full version with real players. I wasn't dissappointed in '06, infact, the more I play, the more I like, but some things like the lack of Fantasy draft in dynasty are holding me back from purchasing. Anyone know if theres a salary cap in ESPN? It doesn't appear theres one in '06 and I would've liked one. I'll try ESPN before I buy a game, and then do a mini-review here on both. Keep in mind, I am TERRIBLE with video games.

Why are all of my players so fat? I checked, and its not just Lindros. Kovalchuk is fat too as are lots of other guys. This seems to make them slower in the game, when really, they aren't at all. I had some trouble at first with the line adjustments and am not fond of NHL 94 at all. I wish it was the full version with real players. I wasn't dissappointed in '06, infact, the more I play, the more I like, but some things like the lack of Fantasy draft in dynasty are holding me back from purchasing. Anyone know if theres a salary cap in ESPN? It doesn't appear theres one in '06 and I would've liked one. I'll try ESPN before I buy a game, and then do a mini-review here on both. Keep in mind, I am TERRIBLE with video games.

The real player names could not be used for NHL 94 as a lot of the players who played at that time are no longer playing (and therefore are no longer part of the NHLPA for which EA can only get their rosters from).

With the Fantasy draft question, you can do this through the Rosters option in the Main Menu and then set the rosters setting during your Dynasty setup to 'Current' rather than 'Default'. All of your fantasy drafted teams will then be carried over into the game mode.

i cant get over how amazing ea nhl 2006 is , i just did a , this game is awesome

i have been trying do do the michigan move for the past 4 days with no success, what direction of the skill stick button do u press?

thanks

With the Fantasy draft question, you can do this through the Rosters option in the Main Menu and then set the rosters setting during your Dynasty setup to 'Current' rather than 'Default'. All of your fantasy drafted teams will then be carried over into the game mode.

I can't get to a fantasy draft without going into the season. When I go into Rosters theres

Roster Management

Edit Lines

Set Default

Jersey #'s

save.

I made a stick addon for NHL 06 for those interested, includes instructions and the files you need.

http://www.doubleminor.net/dmdownloads/com...308dcfbcaf2e4de

also I have a skill stick thing i've been trying to figure out little by little

SS - (Skill Stick)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kick to Skate: SS Up

Toe Drag: SS Left

Spin: SS Right

Behind the Legs: SS Down

Kick to Skate Slap: Back facing goalie + SS Up

Between the Legs: Cut towards the net forehand side + SS Down

Bat-In: Mod+SS

Michigan (Scoop): Behind the Goal-line so your playing is facing the same way opponent's goalie is facing, MOD+SS

1-Handed WrapAround: Michigan Position, SS

S-Deke-Fake: Michigan Position skate on the goal-line towards the goalie + SS

Skill-Stick Fake: Tap Slap/Wrister Quickly + Any SS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrap Around x2: Forehand/Backhand + SS or Shot |

Close up Goal-line shot: Skate up close to the goalie + Shot | NON SS

Goal-Line Shot: Skate half-way to goal-line + Shot |

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've given up on finding all 30 skill stick moves

i cant get over how amazing ea nhl 2006 is , i just did a  , this game is awesome

i have been trying do do the michigan move for the past 4 days with no success, what direction of the skill stick button do u press?

thanks

just practice in free 4 all , thats how i found out , if your a lefty stand on the right side of the net and visa versa for a righty and stand sorta to the side of the net , not directly behind it and its L1 plus skill stick left , its hard to score , but fun to do , hope this helps

2K6 doesn't have a salary cap but they have an overall team budget. I think it's like 60-80 mil. SO that kinda puts a limit on how much you can spend. The little things I like about 2K6 are skating backwards with the puck, seeing the stick flex during a shot, one time passing and the fake shot pass. The game overall feels better and plays like hockey. I get scores like 2-1, 4-3 compared to EA's where it would be like 8-7 with 60 shots per side. I've tweaked sliders as much as possible and I can't find a happy medium. And the thing with 2K6 is you can make it as arcadey or sim as you like.

2K6 doesn't have a salary cap but they have an overall team budget. I think it's like 60-80 mil. SO that kinda puts a limit on how much you can spend. The little things I like about 2K6 are skating backwards with the puck, seeing the stick flex during a shot, one time passing and the fake shot pass. The game overall feels better and plays like hockey. I get scores like 2-1, 4-3 compared to EA's where it would be like 8-7 with 60 shots per side. I've tweaked sliders as much as possible and I can't find a happy medium. And the thing with 2K6 is you can make it as arcadey or sim as you like.

exactly my sentiments

I don't mind high scores, as long as I have alot of scoring chances. The one major issue I had with 2K4 (only ESPN hockey I've owned) was they kept scores low artificially by throwing both D beside the goalie creating a wall on the goal line. I'd get a ton of shots a game, but very few goals.

Weird. I get around 30-35 shots/shots against a game with 2-3 goals per team. Sometimes a goalie will collapse after giving up a softie and the scores will inflat to about 6-2 or something, but its from the realism. I'm 3-7 in my franchise right now and have been shuffling my lineups like crazy to get a good team to gel. I brought in a buttload of different players from the original thrashers lineup and my team still doesn't have good chemistry. Lehtonen is playing like he should, a wall one game and streaky the next. Exactly how young goalies play.

I just got my copy today and everything is fine until the first face off. It then crashes without error message. Anyone having this problem? I got a GeForce3 with latest drivers :ph34r:

Sundin is fat too. He can't even keep in the play when Mogilny rushes.

The key is playing legitimate defense. If you go running around the D zone trying to smoke people with your defenseman that should be in front of the net, the CPU will find the open guy in front EVERY FRICKIN TIME. You have to pick your spots in going for the big hit, and use a lot of poke checks, slashes, and hooks. I've been getting scores in the 3-2 4-3 range on difficult.

Has anyone found out how to do the flip over the net and bat it in? I have the xbox version

EDIT:I figured it out for anyone whos interested....L button+right thumbstick

Also try it when your going in by yourself on the goalie...yuor guy will flip it up and bat it in himself

I didn't want to make a new thread on NHL 06 so i thought i would post in here.. It seems i have a problem. I got a call in from my local EB games store this morning telling me that NHL 06 came in the night before, so I went down and picked up a copy.. I installed both disks correctly but seem to now have a problem! as soon as i put the 2nd disk in or click on the NHL 06 desktop icon, i get an information box pop up stating { Your 3D accelerator card and/or your video card could not be initialized properly. Please update the drivers for your 3D and or video card. Contact your manufacturer to obtain the latest drivers }

Now I'm not really that computer minded, i mean i know the basics and a bit more but i would think seeing as my PC - An Acer Aspire B300 - is only like 3 years old and was designed by a family friend with quality parts including a GeForce 4 Graphics card and other quality parts that NHL 06 should run.. I didn't have DirectX 9.0c so i down loaded it but just keeps coming up with the info box..

Im really anxious to play 06 seeing as i've heard good reviews and NHL 2004 - 2005 ran like a dream on my PC, smooth gameply, perfect graphics..

Any one have any suggestions with what to do ?

Thanks..

Now I'm not really that computer minded, i mean i know the basics and a bit more but i would think seeing as my PC - An Acer Aspire B300 - is only like 3 years old and was designed by a family friend with quality parts including a GeForce 4 Graphics card and other quality parts that NHL 06 should run.. I didn't have DirectX 9.0c so i down loaded it but just keeps coming up with the info box..

Most games are made for the guys that have top end systems and 3 years is just about old enough to vote for a computer. Try downloading new drivers for the card and if that doesn't work you are most likely hosed.

Try uninstalling the Video Card driver and direct X completely then reinstall both with the lastest versions, if your pc was designed by someone who has an idea of what they are doing then it is not out of date, the video card dosnt sound bad however I am not too familar with GeForce models.

This game is turning really arcady, scores are like 8-4 for me and the wrap around skill stick is a sure fire way to score every time, no matter how many defenders are on you, you can still pull it off. Which sliders do I adjust to make the game more of a sim and harder (I am already on difficult).