Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Sean Avery's monthly diatribe

As for the speeding analogy, in a number of places they use cameras to snap pictures of speeders and mail the tickets to their homes. There have been a number of problems with the units and there are numerous court cases regarding them.  Yeah I know it's off topic, but what the hell.  :D

Isn't the issue that they cannot prove who the driver is?

In some cases, yes. There is also the usual accuracy (speed and correct vehicle) concerns plus some lawyers argue the defendants really cannot face their accuser in a court of law as no officer is generally on-site to verify that the machine is ticketing the correct vehicles.

There was a guy in the philly area who almost had his license revoked because he was not paying his fines for going too fast through the turnpike E-Z Pass lanes. They were mistaking his plate for JRs. Evidently the people never looked at the pics very closely because his car looked nothing like Roenick's little black coupe. He passed me once when I was down that way, or at least someone in his car did. I was doing 75 in a 55 and I saw a blur go by me with a license plate that said "styles".

Speeding tickets by mail with a photo is common practice in Europe. In Germany that is the way at least 80 % of speeding tickets are issued.

In many places there are even permanently installed radar guns with photo equipment.

Avery, through a series of dumb or offensive comments this season, has managed to draw attention to himself for mostly negative reasons. He is well known for his penchant to goad opposing players into penalties, particularly retaliatory ones, and is one of the league's best known trash talkers and pests.

But he claimed total innocence as a diver.

"No question that this is a way to do something to me," he told the Times. "It has nothing to do with diving. How can Colin Campbell or whoever it is sit at a desk and make that call? They should send the tape to all seven members of the competition committee and let them look at it."

Campbell, needless to say, was not amused by Avery's public thoughts, and fined him an additional $1,000 on Wednesday after having a telephone conversation with the Kings forward.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...mien&id=2227123

it was funny in the King's pre-game show last night they had this little segment entitled "I love Lucky" and they asked a bunch of the kings reasons for why they liked Luc Robitialle.

Avery's Answer:

"hi, my name is Sean Avery and I like Lucky because he's french"

I thought it was pretty amusing.

So, Avery hits Kariya into the boards hard tonight...kinda on the side...not dirty...but probably not totally necessary. Darcy Hordichuk (sp?) Who...if I'm not mistaken isn't French...and doesn't wear a visor...takes a nice, healthy run at Sean. Drops the gloves goes to fight him...and Avery TURTLES!!!!!!!!

PL7590...I agree...he's an IDIOT. How long until this ass is run out of the NHL.

The best part is Hordichuk mocking Avery and putting his arms over his head when he's being taken off the ice. I hope Avery gets AIDS, preferably from a French person.

I hope Avery gets AIDS, preferably from a French person.

Wow....that's mature. Maybe you should have said you hope he has a heart attack and dies on the ice, you know to make it a bit more relevant to hockey fans. :unsure:

So i take it all of you that call him a pussy/coward that turtles when he gets attacked from behind and has no idea what is happening wouldnt do the same thing? Kind of hard ot defend yourself when you turn around and some guy is throwing a punch at you.

So i take it all of you that call him a pussy/coward that turtles when he gets attacked from behind and has no idea what is happening wouldnt do the same thing? Kind of hard ot defend yourself when you turn around and some guy is throwing a punch at you.

Kinda like when Darren McCarty jumped Claude Lemieux?

Avery IS a pussy. He talks a shitty game, and plays a worse one. I don't ever see him "backing up," anything the way he expects French guys with visors to. Regardless of the fact that he was semi-ambushed, it was absolutely delightful to see Avery eat it. Darcy Hordichuk just moved up my all time favourite player list from no. 641 to 302.

Darcy Hordichuk just moved up my all time favourite player list from no. 641 to 302.

Exactly! Well stated.

Hordichuk took matters into his own hands and grabbed Avery, not a finesse player like Luc Robitaille. A certain code of honour just doesn't seem to mean much to some guys. Avery's game seems to be do anything to tick off the opponents, no matter how it reflects on himself.

But hey, he's in the NHL and I'm not. He's got to have some talent, too.

But hey, he's in the NHL and I'm not.  He's got to have some talent, too.

Truth hurts, doesn't it? The sad truth of the matter is that Avery could probably dangle the shit out of 99% of this board's members...

I thought the Kariya hit was gutless, Hortichuk was good to go after him, but if Avery even tried to fight he would've been done. Hortichuk was throwing before Avery was on his feet. I would've rather seen the hit, then him actually try and fight him rather than jump him. I still think the Oilers tag team on him was worse and funnier.

I thought the Kariya hit was gutless, Hortichuk was good to go after him, but if Avery even tried to fight he would've been done. Hortichuk was throwing before Avery was on his feet. I would've rather seen the hit, then him actually try and fight him rather than jump him. I still think the Oilers tag team on him was worse and funnier.

How was the hit on kariya gutless? no extension of the arms no follow through. If that hit was a penalty what would the have called it? Too far from the boards for a boarding call not a cross check not a rough.

If it was a foot away dont you htink they would have called it boarding? From the point where he hit kariya was good 5 feet from the boards. Kariya didnt go into the boards head first he went in sideways shoulder and side making contact.

Wow....wow....flashbacks to the hit Moore put on Naslund....make it stop....

What? big differences avery didnt hit kariya with a so called elbow and kariya wasnt knocked out of the game with a concussion.