Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chara3

Question about Kovalev

I know it's only been 5 games, but Kovalev has yet to score a goal yet he leads the habs in shots and leads the NHL in ice time. For those who have watched him throughout his career, when does he really start scoring goals in bunches?

I know it's only been 5 games, but Kovalev has yet to score a goal yet he leads the habs in shots and leads the NHL in ice time. For those who have watched him throughout his career, when does he really start scoring goals in bunches?

When the team is losing by more than a bunch.

He'll pop a couple soon. Hopefully against the Leafs this Saturday. He's got 5 assists. He's playing well and making things happen. 1 ppg is good for now. Hopefully he has a couple of multi goal games and balances out his stats, but as long as the top line keeps scoring and the team is winning, I wouldn't worry about it.

If any of you were actually Habs fans and watched any of their games you'd know that he has been one of their best offensive players.

Never Chadd, people like kovy here and if Palffy is not appreciated in Pitts, it's not my problem, Kovy played very well in the last three games and Gainey would not even do this trade.

If any of you were actually Habs fans and watched any of their games you'd know that he has been one of their best offensive players.

true, and Koivu also have played good games with Perezhogin and Kovy.

EDITED - Kovy is by far the best player in the Habs roster, sometime I still not believe how good he is, his stickhandling is something no one can do in the league, he has incredible skating ability, he protects the puck so well and he's so strong, he's a real horse. I expect a great season from him.

And yeah guys, Ribeiro is horrible this year, his one-ice vision still impress me though. I hop he gets back on track soon because he's a good player for us.

Hes also a moron. Like putting a blind man behind the wheel of a ferrari. What good are skills if you arent capable of using them effectively.

Hes also a moron. Like putting a blind man behind the wheel of a ferrari. What good are skills if you arent capable of using them effectively.

This year, he uses them effectively IMO, when he's on the ice he always keep the puck low in the other zone, I don't know a lot of players who can do that in the league.

I know guys who can score a goal. Has he done that? At least play some D if you're going to be tits on a bull out there.

I know guys who can score a goal. Has he done that? At least play some D if you're going to be tits on a bull out there.

5 assists in 5 games is decent, not great but ok. Anyway, 1 vs 1, he's maybe the best, and always leave the corners with the puck.

I know guys who can score a goal.  Has he done that?  At least play some D if you're going to be tits on a bull out there.

5 assists in 5 games is decent, not great but ok. Anyway, 1 vs 1, he's maybe the best, and always leave the corners with the puck.

But he never goes into the corner unless he already has it.

I know guys who can score a goal.  Has he done that?  At least play some D if you're going to be tits on a bull out there.

IMO, he doesn't seem to work because he's a step above everyone like Lemieux.

Now Marios a step behind everyone, the open ice skating game doesn't suit him well. He does well in the half ice PP part of the game.

Now Marios a step behind everyone, the open ice skating game doesn't suit him well. He does well in the half ice PP part of the game.

It seems like it's the same thing with Ribeiro in Montreal.