Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#28tz

Your Biggest achievement

Play Prep D1 at 13 (currently), played for Team Alberta in Europe, attended Kelowna Rockets camp..

You went to a dub camp at your age, are they even allowed to do that?

went from playing house league all my life to playing bantam B with out tring out, then 1st year of midget played A, got switched from forward to defence, became a better defenceman then forward, got alot stronger and smarter(hockey sence) now playing midget AAA minor. that right there is probably my biggest achievement, because i never thought in a million years i would be playing AAA.

now just got to keep working hard in school(actaully i need to work harder) so i can get a good job.

Scoring a hat trick and adding a handful of assists in one game. Nonetheless our team won 25-0 that game. Seriously

i did awesome at a junior camp ,hit like nuts ,scored ,made a bunch of great assists and i woulda made main camp apparently but i messed my back up and couldnt finish the tryout ,im too young for junior anyways

Play Prep D1 at 13 (currently), played for Team Alberta in Europe, attended Kelowna Rockets camp..

yeah they are ,me and a few buddies got asked to go to vancouvers and we were just 14

chadd..i dont think ive ever heard what you play... B)

You want me to make shit up like you do or would you prefer the truth? I play in a beer league. I'm not the best, not the worst.

My friend's dad was a scout for Kelowna, then Vancouver. I went to their camp, although I'm a 91 because of this. There was a 92 there who came with us as well. It was just skating, scrimmaging. I think like 4 or 5 guys there made the main...

But, to answer your question. No, I'm not allowed to be protected by that team because I'm not draft eligible.

Back when I was a younging and was full of potential, I had scored four goals (remember when the kid that could put it top corner always scored, well these we're the day) and we' we're up 4-1, and they tied with about 1 minute left, andI score another one, and got booed to death, and got player of the game and got some more booings. I was 10. It was awesome.

You want me to make shit up like you do or would you prefer the truth? I play in a beer league. I'm not the best, not the worst.

daammmnnn

it was a joke.. i dont care what youplay..just wondering.

Just the laughs and stories over the years.

Winning a tournement with a pick up team beating some of the best sides in the country.

Beating one of the national teams 9 to 2 with a pick up team... and their coach coming in after, asking why none of us tried out for the trip to Europe for the Worlds... "how much is it to play?... 1500 he answers... theirs your answer and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!"

Also getting voted team MVP one year when we sucked ass and all the gys on the team didn't like each other. Considering the players voted I was pretty pleased with that cos they would just all bitch & fight in training 24/7

Yup, as you get older just the abiltiy to play is an achievement. (plus once you have a kid, nothing can compair.)

2 years ago (16aa)winning states(california), winning regionals(pacific), winning nationals(USA) following year moved up to 18aa, winning states, winning regionals, and making it to nationals. Making it back after moving up was a much better feeling than winning it the year before because alot of the kids we played at nationals were going to D-1 colleges on full rides, so it was knowing that we were playing against some of the top kids in the country that made it so good, but we didnt win it that year, south boston did...they were wicked good...

LEADING MY TEAM TO THE STANLEY CUP!!! IN NHL 2006 hehe

I would say my kids!

and sport wise,2 years ago i took my brother team that was 7-29-3 the year before to a 36-2-1 and won the cup and finished 2 nd for the scoring title with the same team except me as a add-on.They needed leadership (kiss im self :P) and i showed them.

I played club hockey in college (thats all we had in California) and I had a POS coach who played favorites and just hated my guts. Admittedly, I was not that good but I worked my butt off and went skating every day to get better. My goal was to just score one goal with the team. I kept my mouth shut and just worked hard. The coach would play these guys who were even worse, didn't try, and just wanted to say they were on the hockey team to be cool and try to pick up chicks.

I liked the game too much and was to stubborn to quit which was what the coach wanted me to do and it just got worse. He told me to go on a road trip and pulled me out before a game started because of "eligibility" issues which were totally BS. When I got it sorted out with the league commissioner (I was in the clear all the way) the tourney was over.

The following summer I still did not want to give up so I got a personal instructor, a Russian who kicked my behind (literally) around the ice and improved quite a bit. Next season started and all my teammates were amazed at how much better I got and congratulated me on working hard. The POS coach still did not play me though. We started to have harsh words as the season progressed and I refused to take crud from him. Finally he took myself and other players "not good enough" off the ice and told us to sit out half of the practices.

I am not an angry guy and I am pretty quiet, but I saw all these other kids taking crap that I had to go through and I finally got really mad and said "screw this we do not deserve this" and spoke up for them because no one spoke up for me. The coach was told not to return next season and I decided to take a quarter off because of the stress from the season and other factors.

I played for another school during the quarter off (they were a CC so I could enroll for one quarter). The coach liked me because I was quiet and worked hard and he gave me a fair share of time on the third line. I had a good time playing and liked my teammates and went back to my regular school and to a new coach.

That year we had so many players wanting to be on the team we had tryouts and I was the last or second to last cut. I took it real hard but it was a fair deal and I accepted it and the new coach was a fair guy.

However, one of the guys had to leave the team, I got his spot, scored one goal and promptly left the team. That was my biggest achievement though I wish it could have been easier. Hopefully this post wasn't too long but I wanted to share it with guys who love the game as much as I do.