Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cbettner66

What kind of curve?

I was just wondering, what kind of curve is similar to the thornton curve from ccm?

I wanted to try another brand - but didnt know what other companies comparable blade is or whose name would be on it.

I looked for some kind of blade chart on here but i didnt have any luck...

Is the Yzerman being phased out? I've been using the curve for the last 9 years. How similar is the Gaborik?

The lie on the Yzerman is 6 I believe. very slightly open too...how open is the thornton?

The Thornton is closed, and all above mentioned blades can be found in the PATTERN DB.

I play in europe, and they use numbers over here instead of player names.

The Thornton is a #4 and I play with a number #10

It's a CCM mid curve, more mild than Thornten, guessing it's a Recchi? :ph34r:

Is the Yzerman being phased out? I've been using the curve for the last 9 years. How similar is the Gaborik?

Easton no longer makes the Yzerman, it has been replaced by the Gaborik. The Gaborik is same curve as the Yzerman, except its a 5.5 lie.

Easton no longer makes the Yzerman, it has been replaced by the Gaborik. The Gaborik is same curve as the Yzerman, except its a 5.5 lie.

I'm technical term dumb....what exactly is the lie? how the heel of the blade sits?

I'm technical term dumb....what exactly is the lie? how the heel of the blade sits?

Yes, it refers to the angle in which the blade lies on the ground and how the stick rests in your hand.

The angle formed by the intersection of the shaft and the blade.

the thornton ccm blade that i am talking about is a pretty big curve and isn't very open - i think the coffey blade from sherwood is pretty close i just wasn't sure what else is close

here is a pic of it's curve

RBV110b1.gif