Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beaucoup_fish

Yammy Jagr

now this is the jagr that i loved to watch back the in good penguin days. its a little hard for me to watch though, i absolutely hate the rangers....well, not so much anymore. they used to by my model of hate in regards to trying to buy a championship. plus, i just hated messier (yes good, still hate). now its like the rangers are an actual team. its fun to watch. plus it helps that there are tons of ex-pens playing for them. that's a bonus.

How did we buy the '94 championship? Most of our aquisitions were good trades and grinders. Messier was signed, as well as Graves. Leetch, the Conn Smythe winner was home grown.

Amonte for Matteau and Noonan was giving up a good young player for two old ones.

Matteau saved the NYR against Devils. "MATTEAU, MATTEAU, MATTEAU AND THERE IS ONE MORE HILL TO CLIMB IN MT. VANCOUVER!!!!!" The famous Howie Rose play call of the Series winning goal. Matteau and Noonan were Keenan's boys from Iron Mike's Chicago daze.

It's a franchise selling its soul for a Cup and they got it. Last one in the foreseeable future though, but at least they got one.

It's a franchise selling its soul for a Cup and they got it. Last one in the foreseeable future though, but at least they got one.

The rangers could win this year, but JJ just has to be able to singlehandedly beat the Sens for four games.

It's a franchise selling its soul for a Cup and they got it.  Last one in the foreseeable future though, but at least they got one.

The rangers could win this year, but JJ just has to be able to singlehandedly beat the Sens for four games.

or pray that somehow the sens are gone before they get to the rangers. id love to see rangers/flyers for the finals.

No way the Rangers could beat the Sens in a series given their current talent levels. The Rangers would need someone to beat Ottawa and then match up poorly with them.

There are two things the rangers need, a go to defensman, like Robert Blake, or even a Brian Leetch. They also need a good second line goal scorer, like a fedorov maybe, I actualy don't know who would fit in at this time.

No way the Rangers could beat the Sens in a series given their current talent levels. The Rangers would need someone to beat Ottawa and then match up poorly with them.

Every team in the NHL needs someone to beat Ottawa for them. I'm hoping for a first round NJ or Philly (unlikely) match-up.

There are two things the rangers need, a go to defensman, like Robert Blake, or even a Brian Leetch. They also need a good second line goal scorer, like a fedorov maybe, I actualy don't know who would fit in at this time.

IMO i think brian leetch doesn't get his job done regularily enough in his end, he can make the outlet pass, but when in comes to one on one down low, hes terrible.

Brian Leetch is a fantastic hockey player. Watching him do his thing, night in and night out, you come to respect his skill. He is getting on in age, and perhaps some of his skills are diminishing, but he's still a good top 4 guy. Seeing Poti bobble the puck every night, not being capable to keep it in the offensive zone, makes me miss Leetch back there.

But indeed, the Rangers do need a puck moving Dman. I heard Jackman from the St. Louis for a Poti-other player-cash deal, but the rumors have stopped.

I have also heard about Sykora (Ducks) for Weekes. Rangers do need a 2nd line that can consistently score, and having him would help. The only thing that scares me is the total European nature of the team, but more specifically the top 2 lines. Regular season is one thing. But playoffs are a different story. Europeans have a habit and stereotype of shying away from the more determined play in playoffs. I dunno.

How bout Marty Havlat though!? I've heard some things...heard these things...Supposedly Mucks won't deal until after XMas. Not sure why he feels that way. Getting Havlat would be a real "Kicker" :lol:

Regular season is one thing. But playoffs are a different story. Europeans have a habit and stereotype of shying away from the more determined play in playoffs. I dunno.

I think that is just a stereotype, to be honest. It's all about what the individual players are like, and I've never been convinced that simply being from Europe means you don't show up in the playoffs (or any of the other stereotypes, for that matter.... :))

Jagr, Forsberg, Kurri, Fedorov, to name but 4, have all put up big numbers in the playoffs.

Couple of years back - Habs vs Bruins, Koivu and Thornton........

I'm not saying that all Europeans are awesome playoff performers, like not all North Americans are, but as a Ranger fan the makeup of the team at the moment isn't a concern IMO. There's plenty hard work and grit (and there needs to be!)

:)

Theo, was it me or did Kondratiev play ALOT. Probably too much. Whereas Hossa only played 7 mins. I know there were alot of penalties and Hossa doesn't PK, so that explains that, but still everyone had 10mins+ accept Hossa.

Couple of things occurred to me. Hossa is A) in the doghouse or B ) had to sit so other players got time in order to showcase them for possible trade. Example: Sitting Hollweg, not playing Hossa much, so Strudwick can get bumped to LW???...so Kondratiev can get time on D? Um can you say TRADE BAIT? Struds has played fine on D. No need to bump him to F so that othey guys who have been playing well get sat or lose time (Hollweg, Hossa).

I smell trade. I'm thinking multiplayer or multi-team. Kondratiev, Hossa. If the player is right, look for better players to exit, Moore, Prucha.

I saw on TSN that Bertuzzi might come to Broadway. Exit Moore for sure!

Theo, was it me or did Kondratiev play ALOT. Probably too much. Whereas Hossa only played 7 mins. I know there were alot of penalties and Hossa doesn't PK, so that explains that, but still everyone had 10mins+ accept Hossa.

Couple of things occurred to me. Hossa is A) in the doghouse or B ) had to sit so other players got time in order to showcase them for possible trade. Example: Sitting Hollweg, not playing Hossa much, so Strudwick can get bumped to LW???...so Kondratiev can get time on D? Um can you say TRADE BAIT? Struds has played fine on D. No need to bump him to F so that othey guys who have been playing well get sat or lose time (Hollweg, Hossa).

I smell trade. I'm thinking multiplayer or multi-team. Kondratiev, Hossa.  If the player is right, look for better players to exit, Moore, Prucha.

I saw on TSN that Bertuzzi might come to Broadway. Exit Moore for sure!

Hey 96..

I have my personal preferences, but I like Drats a lot and think he has been playing much better lately. I am hoping he can be a 3-4 D man for us for a while. I love Hollweg and I don't agree with Renney sitting him.

On Hossa, not the biggest fan. Just because you can see the potential, but I have a feeling he will never really put it all together. Might be me. He has been invisible a lot lately as well. I wouldn't trade Prucha at all now. He can be a 30 goal scorer for a while for us. And Moore is important part of the team.

I believe you are right though...Perhaps a trade for Sykora though? We will see. Hossa and Niems for Sykora...

Something is definately in the works. I can't see sitting Hollweg and Niemannen, so that a Dman Strudwick can move up.

I'd personally hate to see Moore and Prucha go. Of course anything is pure speculation until we get the final word a deal has been made. But one would think, if a marquee player like Bert is coming to town, the Canucks are gonna want some good prospects in return. Prucha has been playing well, and you certainly can't have Moore in the same locker room, that would just be messed up.

Take Prucha out, you can still have Marty Rucinsky bump up to the 1st line, and Bert (or other Marquee player) can play second line.

Again, who knows. I'm doing Slat's job.

Speaking of Slats, anyone seen him? He's been completely invisible! I don't see him in the any of the pre or post-game shows. Nothing in any of the websites. Other than the few times they show him during games up in the rafters watching the game, he's non-existent. Makes me wonder if he's just hangin out up in Alberta in his log cabin or whatever he's got up there.

I can't agree with you more.

But the loss in OT to Chicago the other night, a loss that shoulda been a win, proved there are some gaps to fill. Gaps that a trade might be able to fix. Chicago basically gave the Rangers that game with I don't even remember how many PPs, something like 10 or 12, and the Rangers couldn't convert them.

Their power play is meager at best. I think they currently 21st or something like that. That is not good for the names we have out there. Not to mention, the lack of a true second scoring line. A true, consistent scoring, second line. Jags, Nylander, Prucha have been out there the full two minutes sometimes! You gotta imagine that is gonna wear guys out. Not to mention hurt other guys that could be out there the other 1 minute of a 2 min PP.

I dunno. Something needs to be done. Nothing drastic. I think 1 solid, puck-moving Dman, and one true go-to-net, good hands second line guy. Other than that, I have to say, I have been really happy with everyone's play. I would even hate to see Weekes go. But Lundquist is ready to be a #1, and Weekes has been playing well enough to be a #1 somewhere else.

The further Slats is from the team, the better.

I don't want Bert here, lol. Bad attitude to kill this lockerroom? No thanks.

Its about about the rebuild and developing the Prucha's and Lundqvists, and Drats, and Tyutins, etc. The Rucinsky's and Strakas, etc are not needed for long. We have a great deal of promising kids coming up in the next 2-3 years

We have a world class goalie who will only get better. Another great goalie in Montoya. And our future defensive corps (some here, some not yet) have the potential to be some of the top 6 in the league.

I get the feeling that they're going to use Montoya as trade bait one of these days if Lundqvist is for real.

What evidence has there been of Bertuzzi's "bad attitude?" I get the impression that he's a real team player and sticks up for his mates, although I've seen ZERO hockey coverage this year.

The further Slats is from the team, the better.

I don't want Bert here, lol.  Bad attitude to kill this lockerroom? No thanks.

Its about about the rebuild and developing the Prucha's and Lundqvists, and Drats, and Tyutins, etc.  The Rucinsky's and Strakas, etc are not needed for long.  We have a great deal of promising kids coming up in the next 2-3 years

We have a world class goalie who will only get better.  Another great goalie in Montoya.  And our future defensive corps (some here, some not yet) have the potential to be some of the top 6 in the league.

I get the feeling that they're going to use Montoya as trade bait one of these days if Lundqvist is for real.

What evidence has there been of Bertuzzi's "bad attitude?" I get the impression that he's a real team player and sticks up for his mates, although I've seen ZERO hockey coverage this year.

Many, many people have had bad experiences with him off the ice.

I'm not convinced about Hossa either - I don't get much TV coverage over here though so my judgement's possibly not the best...

I'm not sure I'd want Bertuzzi - it'd remind me too much of the "old" Rangers, getting the big names in and screwing up! I don't particularly like the guy, for obvious reasons (though he is a damn fine hockey player), and I'm not sure I'd want to risk the excellent team chemistry that's evident just now.

The other rumour is Sykora...I wouldn't mind him. He's only 29, is a decent player (and Czech, so he'd fit in... :)) and can work the point on the powerplay, something which Straka and Poti aren't doing brilliantly. Sykora's a UFA at the end of the year, and his cap hit is just under $2 mil...

I can't believe how good Jagr is...It's unreal

I can't believe how crap Forsberg was tonight. At least he pushed himself into the positives (in my salary cap game :P ) with that OT assist.

EDIT: Theo, were you watching Jagr when he was winning those scoring titles? Disgusting stuff - looks like he might win it this year too.

I can't believe how good Jagr is...It's unreal

I can't believe how crap Forsberg was tonight. At least he pushed himself into the positives (in my salary cap game :P ) with that OT assist.

EDIT: Theo, were you watching Jagr when he was winning those scoring titles? Disgusting stuff - looks like he might win it this year too.

The Flyers announcers even admitted he dove on the one play. That has to be a record.