Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Clint Malarchuk

SportsCenter just ran a retrospective on Clint Malarchuk...very good piece.

I remember exactly where I was when that happened...watched it on SC that day, and they were like "If you just ate breakfast, you might want to leave the room."

I damn near threw up a few minutes ago when I saw the video again.

*he's the Sabres' goalie whose carotic artery was sliced open by a skate blade. However, the story goes into much more than just that.

I don't feel like throwing up today so I'm glad I didn't see it. I've never seen or heard of this before though. Does anyone have a link to the story?

EDIT: Just googled and found a paragraph on it. sounds pretty gross... :mellow: don't want to see it though.

What makes all that more amazing is that he had to fight OCD and depression as well. Tough mucker fother right there.

I remember watching that maybe a month or so ago. I hadn't seen it since I was little, found it very disturbing. I believe there was someone who tried to make skates sharpened with a u shape bottom as opposed to a point. I remember seeing the "inventor" rubbing his freshly sharpened skates against his neck (Ya freaked me out too) and this was a clip he kept showing to help back-up how it was needed. He said it would hold an edge just as well and all bunch of other stuff, but I never heard anything else.

If anyone here really wants to see the clip that bad, on the website broadstreetbully.com theres a a hockey highlight video on there and thats on there. I was pretty shocked when i saw it, i didnt know what happened. Clicking on that pic ties it together though, a forward slipped and went skate first into him. The ice below him was instatntly red w/ blood.

I have seen the video many times when it first happened and dont want to see it again. By far it was the worst thing I have ever seen on a ice rink.

Clint was actually a very good goalie and was never the same after this happened. Luckily there was a doctor in the stands that night how jumped on the ice and saved this guys life.