Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Torhs Team

Music system

What music program do you guys use? I have rhapsody but im not payin no more money for music. I also have Itunes but that is also paying money except for the songs you already have attached to your ipod. Right now ive been downloading my songs off limewire basic. got rid of warez cause i heard there was some gov. issues or somthin. I want a program that i can keep for a while and not have toget used to a new program because the gov. is catching on. some of my friends do a new program every week. That would be annoying because you have to find and learn everything over and over again. thanks for the help.

my only prob. with limewire is that you cant put the songs you downloaded on Itunes. with warez you could. unless some of you are using limewire and transferring downloaded songs to itunes, could you tell me how???

Limewire Pro is what i use. Never paid for it so thats a bonus. 9763 Songs later still working PERFECT

my only prob. with limewire is that you cant put the songs you downloaded on Itunes. with warez you could. unless some of you are using limewire and transferring downloaded songs to itunes, could you tell me how???

What i used to use was Ares, and i kept that file directory, so all my music saves in to Ares Shared Folder, and i upload them to itunes.

but isnt ares kinda dangerous? isnt gov. catching on to them? ANd thats what its all about. apparently if the gov. finds out you have alot of songs you get fined $1000 dallars a song and thats the correct amount of zero's ! but thats only if you download like 2000 songs. which i will do.

Limewire Pro is what i use. Never paid for it so thats a bonus. 9763 Songs later still working PERFECT

I use Limewire Pro too also. I got it for free also. I use WINAMP though because when I minimize limewire the songs seem to skip for me. I like winamp better because its nice and compact.

ITunes sucks, thats why. You can still add songs downloaded through Limewire though. By doing this:

My Computer->Local Disk->Documents and Settings->Main->.limewire->Shared

I used to be a long time fan of Ares, you guys should try Limewire Pro. I like it better cause it downloads songs faster for me and I get better search results.

I just downloaded a new version of Bearshare about a month ago. I wouldn't recommend it unless you can get rid of all the spyware that comes with it (which I did). I like it though, because it downloads just about any song in about 20 seconds, and DVD quality movies in about an hour. I've never used Limewire.

but isnt ares kinda dangerous? isnt gov. catching on to them? ANd thats what its all about. apparently if the gov. finds out you have alot of songs you get fined $1000 dallars a song and thats the correct amount of zero's ! but thats only if you download like 2000 songs. which i will do.

1,000 a song? Some people would owe well over a million? :ph34r:

I'm not sure if it works in an off-campus setting, but I've been using OurTunes since I've been in college and its been great. It lets you download songs that people have on their iTunes from around you. At any time there are 10,000-40,000 songs, mostly whole CDs. Its the preferred music source for my university, they restrict your bandwidth on stuff like Limewire and Ares.

ITunes sucks, thats why. You can still add songs downloaded through Limewire though. By doing this:

YA my dads a queer and deleted/locked the local disck. somehow. Its not there, I had a friend come over that knows everything bout computers and he couldnt find it, let alone even help me with my annicial problem.

YA my dads a queer and deleted/locked the local disck. somehow. Its not there, I had a friend come over that knows everything bout computers and he couldnt find it, let alone even help me with my annicial problem.

Did you check and see if he hid it? I don't think he would just delete it.

where would he hide it? Im not a computer genious but i think i can find it if givin directions >> treasure map

It's purely a guess that he hid it. That's just the first thing that came to my mind because (somebody correct me if I'm wrong here) but isn't the local disk where programs, documents, etc. stored? Deleting that wouldn't be a good idea. You could be right and maybe he did lock it.

If he did hide it, here's how to display hidden files and folders for Windows XP

Start > My Computer > Then click "Tools" at the top of the window > Folder Options > Click the "View" tap > Scroll down to "Hidden Files and Folders" > And Select "Display Hidden Files and Folders" > Click Apply.

If anything is hidden on the computer it will now be visible. I would go back to My Computer and see if anything new is there. It's a long shot, but (again some correct me if I'm wrong) but I don't think you can move the Local Disk either. I never tired to though.

Alright, what are you guys using now? All this shit seems to constantly update. I'm back home from school for a month, and can't use Mytunes anymore. What program should I use? I really don't want to get any spyware, whatsoever.

I still use LimeWire with no problems (knock on wood) but people have claimed to start getting internet AIDS from there. Or I just bum from a friend's FTP site cause I'm lazy.