Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

Backyard rinks

a few years back up in fife (scotland) i went up to my buddies house and the lake froze up. it was phenonemal. we got dropped off at 6.30 am and got picked up at 9pm. we took a packed lunch lol.

the ice was perfect. the lake was so big that each day we moved to a different spot lol.

btw

it was beveridge lake aka bevy lake

one day we had so many players we took the bench off the grass and sat it at the side. we had lines lol, and one guys dad was the ref. we had two goalies also,

one downside

aftwerwards my Vapor 10s were Wrecked!!!

Yeah I really wish the weather here in Omaha wasn't so crappy to make outdoor rinks so worthless. I guess maybe its time to move further north. :P

Oh and guys check the auction again. The current bid is like $9,***, but right beside the bid, it also says "Reserve Not Met" If you actually read the description, you will see that he wants around like $23,***. :blink:

I just got back from my cottage, and we built a 40x20 foot rink in the river next to our boathouse. We flooded it 3 times with a garden hose, and then after about 2 hours we were ready to go.

I had a great time. When we bought the cottage in July I was thinking about a rink in the winter.

12 bucks public skate

2-3 dollars skate rent

dam california :(

About the same here in Kansas.

Public Session Cost

Adults: $7.00

Children: (7 and under) $5.00

Skate Rental: $3.00

I went up to nor. arizona to my dad's for christmas and there was the BEST lake like 10 min. from his house. It was like 40 deg. and still was like 10 in. deep frozen...fastest ice i've ever skated on!

Pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/edg...-01-03_0019.jpg

:) Sorry i was so excited about it I had to post it ;)

That lake looks SWEET!!!!

I live it the Uk. Its winter at the moment and it only gets to about 4deg Highest. But it rarely ever drops below -2. Is there anyway i would be able to get a ourdoor rink? :huh:

I went up to nor. arizona to my dad's for christmas and there was the BEST lake like 10 min. from his house. It was like 40 deg. and still was like 10 in. deep frozen...fastest ice i've ever skated on!

Pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/edg...-01-03_0019.jpg

:) Sorry i was so excited about it I had to post it ;)

That lake looks SWEET!!!!

I live it the Uk. Its winter at the moment and it only gets to about 4deg Highest. But it rarely ever drops below -2. Is there anyway i would be able to get a ourdoor rink? :huh:

Unless you get machines to freeze the water, then no.

Im in the UK and it sucks sometimes when it doesn't get that cold.

Theres always roller rinks though :huh:

But they'll probably get ruined by the rain :(

One of my players was skating on CUJO's rink this weekend , Inside a barn , awesome rink

where at? Because I know he plays here in phoenix now, so it can't be here...

I love on a lake and then across the street is a lake......

WOuld it work if I but up that rink rat things that dig into the ground and then i just but up mini boards that a puckk can get off of..... I would make it huge like regulation size or international size but how long would it take to do that?

lol yeah your right. Too much rain in the uk to do anything.

Havent seen any outdoor rinks that freeze the water so i dont think my Backyard rink will ever be reality. :(

One of my players was skating on CUJO's rink this weekend , Inside a barn , awesome rink

where at? Because I know he plays here in phoenix now, so it can't be here...

He actually lives in Aurora Ontario , has a huge house there, his wife and kids stay there while he plays in Pheonix.

Havent seen any outdoor rinks that freeze the water so i dont think my Backyard rink will ever be reality. :(

They manage to get outside ice rinks at christmas so there must be a way

Theres always roller rinks though :blink:

They manage to get outside ice rinks at christmas so there must be a way

Yeah, we've got one up here in Edinburgh. Although it is nice and all, you can hear the machines going "BRRRRRR!!!" while you're skating. Not really relaxing if you ask me.