Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

Backyard rinks

hehe "we've been out here 15 to 10 minutes, we had a blast and it was just like skating on real ice and we had a blast" not too bright :blink:

i wish i could have that in my driveway. too bad it just doesn't make the rigth sounds <_<

Has anyone here seen an episode of Viva La Bam where Bam turns his house into an ice rink (or something like it)? If you have, do you know what he uses as the "ice"?

For those who don't understand, Bam used some sort of flooring that you can skate on without needing the cold.

I know what you mean there was a topic on the stuff your talking about a couple months back.

ya i think it was the synthetic ice stuff. at my rink they have that stuff at the goalie training center, it kind of messes up your edges if you skate on it.

Yeah they have a shooting range at my rink with that stuff. I went on it before practice, and I couldn't turn if my life depended on it afterwards on the ice.

i have a backyard rink, although its not nearly as awesome as the one on ebay. mine just has one foot high side board to keep pucks in and four foot boards behind where i put the net. its a pretty sweet setup but it is a ton of work to put up and maintain. shoveling it off sucks ;)

I'm with Regina on this one, I lived in AK and every school has a rink there, primary thru high schools. When I asked for one in our backyard I got a bus schedule.

Well here we only have 2 seasons winter, and the season that isnt winter. So its prime for outdoor rinks. Even if city workers make them.

last year we made a little one in the back yard nothing much just something to screw around on. it wasnt the best since my lanw is on a tiny slope it still threw things off a bit. it was alot of work, but hopefully we make another one.

in england the last time the ice was skatable was in 1800 n summin and it looks really fun theres a picture of the river trent with loads of posh people in suits skating accross in my ice arena

another reason why the UK sucks

That Ebay rink is absolutely awesome. I'm from Omaha so I kind of wonder who the current owner is. To bad he says it is already disassmbled, I'd love to go see that.

I'll give you two potential reasons why he is selling it

1. Housing covenant says he can't have it.

That looks like a really new neighborhood, and in Omaha the new neighborhoods have asininely restrictive covenants that prevent you from doing stuff like that.

2. The outdoor rink season the last couple years has been rotten.

For the last three years I had a 48' X 20' rink in my backyard. I probably got about 3 skates a year on it. It would get really cold for 4 or 5 days the pop up into the 40's, then get cold for a few more days, then warm up and rain... The last 3 years have been terrible for having a smooth sheet outside.

I've had a rink in my back yard every year for the first 10 years i played hockey. My dad used the whole tarp and wood trick with no boards. I can't wait until my local rink gets new boards because they promised me their boards they have now...i'm going to shorten it a lot and make it like the size from blue line to blue line...but thats big enough for me and my buddies!

in england the last time the ice was skatable was in 1800 n summin and it looks really fun theres a picture of the river trent with loads of posh people in suits skating accross in my ice arena

another reason why the UK sucks

lol i saw that pic somewhere cant remember where though but ur right, another reason why the uk sucks lol

and another reason why the UK sucks is that everything is to expensive including just goin to a public skating session. how much is it for you people in the USA and canada to go for a public session? in pound sterling would be helpful. :D

Here in Michigan most rinks in my area charge $5.00 for public skate or sticks -n- pucks, $3.00 public skate (outdoors), and about $10 for drop-in.

so converted to sterling:

Here in Michigan most rinks in my area charge $5.00 for public skate or sticks -n- pucks, $3.00 public skate (outdoors), and about $10 for drop-in.

how lucky, it costs £5.50 pound sterling to just ice skate, thats like 12 canadian i think

Here in Michigan most rinks in my area charge $5.00 for public skate or sticks -n- pucks, $3.00 public skate (outdoors),  and about $10 for drop-in.

how lucky, it costs £5.50 pound sterling to just ice skate, thats like 12 canadian i think

Just for a public skate at Lee Valley?!? Yikes, talk about overpriced... Only costs £3 admission and £1 skate hire at Murrayfield.

Most overpriced offer - £7 admission and £1 skate hire just to outdoor skate in a small area of ice.

I'm with Regina on this one, I lived in AK and every school has a rink there, primary thru high schools. When I asked for one in our backyard I got a bus schedule.

When you asked for one??? Go outside and build it yourself!

Just for a public skate at Lee Valley?!? Yikes, talk about overpriced...

bulletjet64, i quoted the prices in alexandra palace, i play for haringey NOT lea valley. Btw it costs more in lea valley to just skate

at my local rink it's $1.00 for indoor public skate, free for sticks -n- pucks, free for public skate outdoor or outdoor hockey and drop in hockey is $10.00 also