Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

Linesman flying into the glass

For sure it is not intentional, however the guy seems to think the ref IT'S the opponent and realized it a little bit late... :lol:

Oh, forget what i am sayng.

Actually referees are opponents! :lol:

For sure it is not intentional, however the guy seems to think the ref IT'S the opponent and realized it a little bit late... :lol:

Oh, forget what i am sayng.

Actually referees are opponents! :lol:

There's a saying in Canada (OK, Quebec when I was growing up):

"There are 3 teams on the ice: home, away, and zebras."

Yeah, that looked pretty intentional to me -- there wasn't any opponent all that nearby, and especially the way he kind of stood over the ref after the hit with his arms out wide -- kind of a "you want to mess with me?" sort of stance.

Did he get a penalty for it, or not?

If you play it in super slow motion, you can see the player has his head turned and is looking down the ice, when he collides with the linesmen.

Sweet hit though. Was the linesmen ok?

If you play it in super slow motion, you can see the player has his head turned and is looking down the ice, when he collides with the linesmen.

It's hard to tell with such a low-quality feed, but I don't think so -- it looks to me (playing it frame by frame) like his head is up. He maybe turns it away at the last second (lots of players do that so they don't take a helmet in the face when hitting someone) but it definitely looks like he knew what he was doing. It also doesn't look accidental in that he already has his arms up for the hit before he arrives, which he wouldn't if he didn't know the ref was there.