Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G.M.

ITECH and Mission Hockey Combine To Face Off Again

I wonder how it will affect certain product lines? For example, will the Itech name be primarily used for protective or will they continue to develop seperate lines between the two brands?

Congrats to Mission and Itech. Mission has come a long was in the past couple years. I remember on CB how a lot, probably the majority of members, didn't give much respect to mission as an ice hockey equipment company. People gradually started coming around to the amp flies, warp zero gloves, and M-1 OPSs and now their current skates, pants, gloves, and sticks are spoken of really highly. Its been fun to see Mission grow. Hope they continue to innovate and grow.

I heard that Reebok just bought out The Hockey Company, CCM, Jofa, Koho. Is there any truth to this rumour? Haven't heard it anywhere else though.

Great deal for both sides. Itech can stop wasting money on podunk protective and skates, and concentrate on helmets, visors, and cages. Mission gets a successful helmet line that they have always wanted. Sorry, the Carbster doesnt really count.

It is a great deal for everyone. Both brands bring great products in different areas. Finally both companies/now the one company will be a 100% Hockey head to toe brand....

So I guess I need to get some new goalie gear..... ;)

It is a great deal for everyone. Both brands bring great products in different areas. Finally both companies/now the one company will be a 100% Hockey head to toe brand....

So I guess I need to get some new goalie gear..... ;)

Are the companies going to keep their identities and have cross over products or will there be Mission only or a new brand name, etc?

hey justin, is one of the reasons why the two companies merged because other companies are merging and to remain competitive, they had to merge?

Both brands will still exsist...I don't know much right now, but both brands and their identities will remain.

Justin

Perhaps we will see Itech revive the Mission Carbster as the Itech Carbtech H110 (or some variant)?

From what I understand this was in process long before there was the knowledge of the CCM/Reebok deal...

As for future products, nothing is known right now...Off to Montreal next week...

They already are made in China (except a few models still made in Canada)....The majority of CCM skates are made at the same factory we use (along with Easton)...

Also, if you have ever been to the factories, they are actually very nice...Companies like Reebok, Nike, Addidas, Mizuno, etc. have very strict standards regarding the quality and type of working environment...These workers may not make a lot of money, but the clothing, food, and housing is all provided by the factory...It may be a bad life compared to the life we are used to, but not compared to the living standard over there.