Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HockeyDude1712

Tape Jobs

Well, You could either split the tape in half to keep it smaller, or else just overlap your tape alot

There is a product called Blade Spray that I have and it works great too.

Any other suggestions out there?

I always rub a puck over blade right after I tape, It helps get the tape to stick on better so it wont rip off as easy. Although, I don't know if that will make it last longer since I re-tape after every game. :blink:

One strip of tape lengthwise along the bottom of the blade, then wrap as normal (usually with each strip of tape covering 1/3 to 1/2 of the previous strip) seems to work well. The strip along the bottom helps keep the tape from breaking there, which is where it always seems to break first for me.

electricians tape along the bottom all the way up to the middle of the toe ,tape from toe to heel ,rub it with the roll of tape ,wax the bottom half of the blade like nuts

Maybe just helpfully for the few germans around here:

I use WELL-TAPE (www.well-tape.de) They have a special hockey tape called "strong tape". Its basicly normal cloth-tape but as its name says its realy realy strong! You cant even rip it apart you have to cut it.

Normal tape didnt last more than 2 practices/games for me .. but this "strong-tape" is great! It lasts about 3 weeks (3-4 on the ice per week)! It just change its color to grey where it hits the ice (naturaly it wont resist cuts from skate-blades though ...)

its a little bit annoying that you cant rip it apart .. but otherwise its great!

how do you get the tape out of your blade then?? Also, is their anyways N, american could get this strong tape...

i heard compo-stik was pretty good...

I split my tape in half to do the knob and use the other half for a candy cane. I tape the blade by putting a strip along the bottom and then rub it with puck than I don a regular tape job over that. Still I think two practices for a blade is pretty good. Sometimes I don´t tape it all all except for the bottom strip.

I split my tape in half to do the knob and use the other half for a candy cane. I tape the blade by putting a strip along the bottom and then rub it with puck than I don a regular tape job over that. Still I think two practices for a blade is pretty good. Sometimes I don´t tape it all all except for the bottom strip.

You do the exact same thing as me,Knob and everything.Do you tape only half the blade too ;)

I know in Canada they have this tape called "Composite tape", it's for composite sticks..it is stronger, probably the same as the Strong-tape?

Why do you tape from toe to heel Bruin88? that makes the tape not last as long, cause the snow and ice goes into the lines of the tape?

If you're using wood bladesm you should take the tape off after every game or practice anyway, it helps preserve the wood. With comp blades I always seem to cut through the bottom or get cuts in my tape every game. Even when I was the living hell out of it.