Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hehatemefrisbee

Saw the One90

It fits like a Supreme. Same lacing pattern as well.

The heel of the skate is impressive...looks just like a foot. The tongue is very nice and has a nice lacebite guard. The steel is 4mm longer, just like the older Tuuks. Lexan-reinforced holder. Clarino liner. New footbed with carbon shank.

One thing that I was expecting was a different outsole...I was expecting the old Nike Speed Wrap outsole, but it is not that. It's a flat outsole.

The user "Louie" and I saw one of the Calgary Flames walking out of Mellon Arena's hallway from the dressing room with a pair of them when they were here 2 weeks ago. They looked better than the pictures...WAY better.

The user "Louie" and I saw one of the Calgary Flames walking out of Mellon Arena's hallway from the dressing room with a pair of them when they were here 2 weeks ago. They looked better than the pictures...WAY better.

Boy I hope so. The one90's are ugly! Look like a cheaply made skate. I think my 8090's look way better. Bauer needs to stop screwing around with there products so much.

does anyone know what the toe will be like? i have the synergy 1300c's and love the toe, its wider and doesn't dig in to my toes at all unlike the vapor thg's

Guest defencemen_me91 is the best

Yeah where i work the bauer rep and came in and talked about the skate to us and then i was in the monctonian hockey tournament and they had the one90 ther its probably the nicect skate i ahve ever seen the hodler is clear the back part of the boot at the top bends so you can ahve a better stride or something along that line but the rep told me it was going to be around 800??? canadian so i wonder what is going ot be the price bcuz i ahve herd a bucnch of different prices.

yes damn that NBH for creating new skates and one that provides a near custom like fit, shame shame shame

as for pricing, can't we just wait til it comes out in the (late) spring (ie, June)

yes damn that NBH for creating new skates and one that provides a near custom like fit, shame shame shame

as for pricing, can't we just wait til it comes out in the (late) spring (ie, June)

Damn that RD & D! I want my original Supreme 1000 with Flo-Lite foam in the ankle, REAL leather interior, cardboard innersole, and Tuuk Custom holder/runner circa 1987.

Price on the One90: I heard they were going to retail for thousands and thousands of $!!

Oh my!

I saw the One90 this past Tuesday. It seems like it is going to be a very nice skate. Hopefully it will live up to the hype.

The holder really isn't completely clear but more of a transparent frosted look with some blue specs in it. I am sure the style of the holder will actually have some benefits as it will allow you to do a visual inspection of the inside without having to remove the footbed and the plugs.

The boot is suprisingly stiff for how thin and light the materials are. I hope that once the skates are baked and fitted they will loosen up a bit.

The tongue is also a bit different. It is more like a firm, pliable foam with a thicker center piece for lacebite. The tongue actually reminds me of the old Cooper tough tongue that was around about a decade ago. I never did quite figure out why that tongue never made it in to skates besides the Coopers as it was very protective and formed around your foot. That is for another discussion though...

The news is that the skates aren't scheduled to arrive until May but I wouldn't doubt if some stores are given an early allotment like the Vapor XXX skates and gloves. I have my name on a pair already but if they don't fit as well as expected then I will be wearing another pair of V12s/Flexlites next year. At the price they will be asking for them I will definitely try before I buy.

once the retro wave kicks in..you'll original supreme 1000/2000 Daoust 301 and Micron Medallic and 1090 come back in a wave that rivals the AF1 and classic Jordan (ie the III's) lines..classic design but sold at places like Proper in LB (apropersite.com) and nom de guerre in NYC (gotta find it on your own..)

It will come about when Crosby is on the cover of THN with a retro Rick Kehoe jersey and showing his new tats...

my dog, no joke, ate my 1090's...many moons ago..but I think the 8090's are going to solve my wanting..old 1090 last with new materials...how a skate for us old guys should be made..

Is it true that they are going to be over $600? I was talking to my friends brother who works at my LHS and thats what he said!!!

Did you try reading the page before this?

i didnt like the foot bed in it, that carbon stuff in it just looks glued on and will come off after heating. the boot looks amazing just toss in a pair of superfeet and there golden. i liked how the tongue from what i noticed had some holes in it. That skate will I think be as strong as the vapor XXX sales wise