Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scstars524

Hefter Evolution Helmet

Uh, if there is no helmet, I have no idea what the heck it was I looked at. I think maybe there isn't a mold yet as the one I held was a one-off prototype. Perhaps that's what the confusion is about?

Ask your friends, not us. It's probably the faux they used at the show last year that nobody could touch. The helmet has already had way more (electronic) ink than it ever deserved.

Dennise Hefter(the president of hefter helmets) is my coach. He sold the evolution to ccm/rbk hockey. Trust me i no he is loaded now. He gets us free rbk gear. The helmet should be comming out in this next year.

Same. Me and boulderhockeys coach let us try it on. It is awsome. It is extremely light. This thing kicks ass. You all need this helmet. Our coach is going to get us a deal.

(forseburg91, and boulderhockey638 are also on my team.)

Check this out -

Hefter Drops Helmet Ad Claims on Bauer/Nike Challenge

2/2/2006

Agreeing with various recommendations by The National Advertising Division (NAD) of New York’s Council of Better Business Bureaus, CO-based Hefter Impact Technologies will drop various expressed and implied advertising claims it made about its Evolution ice hockey helmet. Among them: “(It) performs 35-40% better than current helmets from Bauer Nike and CCM Reebok in impact safety tests.†NAD addressed the assertions following a competitive challenge made by Bauer/Nike USA.

The NAD determined that evidence did not support Hefter’s comparative performance claims, that claims related to Dr. James Kelly’s role in the helmet’s design “be discontinued or modified,†and suggested a declaration that the helmet offered “a more comfortable fit with less fatigue†be discontinued.

I'm so lost. If this helmet actually is out there somewher and its seriously this good, send one to Lindros. And me, because they look sick (and my 5000 really needs to be replaced).

Just because a company drops a claim doesn't necessarily mean that the claim is false - often it's just too hard and expensive to fight in court, and it's easier to just give in when dealing with mega corporations with unlimited legal funds.

like i have said many times, denis hefter is my coach. And jr is right, the helmet is going to ccm. And i have been told that it did out-performe the nbh helmets. And he originaly had the idea because of his son's concusions. So he started making a helmet. And he has done that and has been succesfull as to selling it to ccm so there line dosnt drop to the new rbk, they want to keep both running. without some major equiptment comming in with the ccm logo on it then ccm would eventually drop to its big brother rbk. And yes the helmet is hecc sertified.

I found the little info sheet they handed out last year at the show in my shop.... had a good laugh because on it someone wrote out mid summer 2005

And yes the helmet is hecc sertified.

Evidently it was certified after January 10 2006, any model he showed before that wasn't certified. Considering the rumors of the CCM sale surfaced before 1/10/06 I find it hard to believe he paid for the testing after the last HECC update.

http://www.hecc.net/certprods.helmet.html

http://www.hecc.net/certprods.html

like i have said many times, denis hefter is my coach. And jr is right, the helmet is going to ccm. And i have been told that it did out-performe the nbh helmets. And he originaly had the idea because of his son's concusions. So he started making a helmet. And he has done that and has been succesfull as to selling it to ccm so there line dosnt drop to the new rbk, they want to keep both running. without some major equiptment comming in with the ccm logo on it then ccm would eventually drop to its big brother rbk. And yes the helmet is hecc sertified.

He's not kidding guys. I am on Hefter's team as well.

The helmet that was at the show was not a helmet. It was a plastic mold with foam in it...and fragile at that. That is why it was in a glass case.

The helmet has never been sent or certified by CSA/HECC.