Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In-team NHL Fights

Where the hell do you guys get all these stories about players slamming other players' wives?

EDIT: Comrie slamming groins with Tommy Salo's wife back in his Edmonton days?

And I'm reading the rumour as Mathieu Schneider with Roy's wife, not Muller...

Where the hell do you guys get all these stories about players slamming other players' wives?

I was just about to ask this myself! I'm amazed!

Not that I don't believe this is true, but I've never heard of these things.

I would say they are pretty accurate. Stories trickle down. There are 25 guys, plus coaches, staff, mgmt., that all know the scoop. They all tell people. Before you know it, the story is pretty much mainstream. It's just a matter of if the guys on the inside are willing to tell the people on the outside.

I forgot how I heard most of the rumors I've heard over the years. It's not like they announce it on TV or anything. It just kinda comes from "people in the know".

I would say they are pretty accurate. Stories trickle down. There are 25 guys, plus coaches, staff, mgmt., that all know the scoop. They all tell people. Before you know it, the story is pretty much mainstream. It's just a matter of if the guys on the inside are willing to tell the people on the outside.

I forgot how I heard most of the rumors I've heard over the years. It's not like they announce it on TV or anything. It just kinda comes from "people in the know".

Gotcha. Any other interesting stories you have on hand?

Going forward, I think anytime there is trade controversy, I'm going to pick a random teammate and start a rumour that he was poking the other guy's wife, regardless of marital statuses.

EDIT: Let's start with Miguel Tejada. Melvin Mora was supposedly giving it to Miggy's wife, so Miguel demanded a trade (that whole thing about the team's stagnant improvement was a cover up). Now that they've talked and Melvin let Miggy go at it with his wife, Miggy has recinded his trade reqeusts.

In other news, it has been revealed that the Nationals released Wil Cordero not because of his poor play, but because he beat general manager Frank Robinson's wife with a telephone. Old habits die hard, I guess.

Cordero then proceeded to barge into Robinson's office and declare "Frank, it's your wife or me! Either she goes, or I go!" Robinson, and subsequently the Nationals' GM, Jim Bowden, chose Robinson's wife.

This is kinda fun.

Of course, we all know the story that Rick Tocchet beat the s!@# out of Lindros after he found out  he was sleeping with Brind'Amour's wife.

I don't think it got to that point, but there was the Shanny/Janney ordeal in St. Louis.

never heard that one. please, enlighten us.

If I remember it correctly, Shanny was tagging Janney's wife and I'm thinking it was around the time they had to trade Janney to Vancouver for Shanny, who was given up as compensation for the Blues signing Nedved.

janney refused to report to vancouver though, cause i was pretty excited about getting him at the time...i believe vancouver ended up trading him back to the blues in return for jeff brown and nathan "hit the post" lafayette and brett hedican.

Has anyone had 2 players from there own team fight? So far this year we have had 2 incident with the same player. Before it got serious some players split them up. Then we had to stand at center ice while the coach screamed at us.

If its happning in the NHL and has happened on my team, i am sure its happened to some of you guys as well.

Of course, we all know the story that Rick Tocchet beat the s!@# out of Lindros after he found out  he was sleeping with Brind'Amour's wife.

I don't think it got to that point, but there was the Shanny/Janney ordeal in St. Louis.

never heard that one. please, enlighten us.

If I remember it correctly, Shanny was tagging Janney's wife and I'm thinking it was around the time they had to trade Janney to Vancouver for Shanny, who was given up as compensation for the Blues signing Nedved.

janney refused to report to vancouver though, cause i was pretty excited about getting him at the time...i believe vancouver ended up trading him back to the blues in return for jeff brown and nathan "hit the post" lafayette and brett hedican.

Was it Janney that was given as compensation? I remember it was one of the two and thought it was Shanny since he'd already been awarded to a team before. Jeff Brown, one of the best NHL 9x dmen ever.

Zalapsky and Manson were good calls. The Jets were pretty nasty on '94 with Selanne, Tkachuk, Emerson and Housley and Numminen on D.

Zalapsky and Manson were good calls.  The Jets were pretty nasty on '94 with Selanne, Tkachuk, Emerson and Housley and Numminen on D.

The Jets were nasty. The Flyers were pretty beastly too, with the Legion of Doom, Recchi and Brind'Amour...Yushkevich on the blueline...add in Desjardins in '95...

If you weren't anal about roster updates, I absolutely owned '95 with the Nordiques. Sundin, Nolan, Sakic and then Tatarinov was just unreal on every game.

If you weren't anal about roster updates, I absolutely owned '95 with the Nordiques. Sundin, Nolan, Sakic and then Tatarinov was just unreal on every game.

You can't forget Gusarov. I liked him cause he had a good agility rating.

His shot was so bad, but then again I wasn't going to put Foote or Butcher in there. The thing I hated was the margin between guys with cannons and everyone else.

And yes, as Fury noted, Eric "Oh Sorry Rod, My Brain is Like Soup, I Didn't Know That Was Your Wife" Lindros rails Rod "I Guess My Wife Doesn't Like My Tim Hunter Nose" Brind'Amour's wife. Rod tells Bob Clarke, "Him or me". See ya later Rod.

And that's when Lindros had that black eye and they said that he had gotten a concussion while he was skating in a Phantoms practice.

Guerin got "chippy" with a rookie in camp last season I think, or was it earlier. I guess you can't count camp though because half the guys there are trying to make the team so they'll throw down with anyone.

Wasn't there a situation with Keith Primeau, Steve Chiasson, and Stu Grimson?

I remember someone telling me that when Primeau was in Detroit he was mad because he wasn't awarded a point in a game the night before..

So as a joke Chiasson and Grimson "announced" his point during the practice the next day...and Primeau didn't take very well..

Could be a rumor...

Not a fight, but a Lindros-related rumour was that when he had that collapsed lung, there was a lot of talk about him being at a gay bar or something like that down here that night.

Not a fight, but a Lindros-related rumour was that when he had that collapsed lung, there was a lot of talk about him being at a gay bar or something like that down here that night.

That's too funny. :lol:

In one of the Don Cherry vids they show footage of Primeau and Probert fighting during a Wings practice. It was a pretty nice tilt....heh.

just to clear things up on the lindros ordeal, it wasn't a fight. I've heard Tochhet threw one punch and that was it.

shortly after lindros said he got a concussion when he got hit by Hal Gill, but during that game there wasn't really any point where Gill really hit Lindros where you thought Lindros would suffer a concussion.

Funny thing is, I play with one of Mike Comrie's cousins and he never heard about the Salo rumor until I brought it up, and he was honestly surprised.

Funny thing is, I play with one of Mike Comrie's cousins and he never heard about the Salo rumor until I brought it up, and he was honestly surprised.

Comrie was a baby at the time he was on the Oilers. I highlyl doubt the validity of that rumor. But then again, Comrie was an up and coming star, Mrs. Salo being a fine piece of Swedish ass herself...who knows.