Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beaver5

Chew...

of course im sarcastic but a dip a day will take like 40 years to kill you

In some cases it will never kill you. In other it can take much less than 40 years and even if it doesn't kill you it can adversely affect your quality of life.

then why do you drink?

i dont chew anymore, maybe once in a while, but nonetheless...

In some cases it will never kill you. In other it can take much less than 40 years and even if it doesn't kill you it can adversely affect your quality of life.

then why do you drink?

Drinking is not bad for you, drinking in excess is bad for you. In many ways drinking a guiness or two is actually less unhealthy than drinking a coke or two.

what is the difference between the dip packets and the regular kinds?

kids around here do both.

the packets dont let out as much fiberglass into your lip

This may sound hypocritical coming from a dipper...but dip really is bad. First off, there actually is no fiberglass in the stuff, thats just a rumor. Micro-lesions do help get the nicotine into the blood stream, but those come from the natural gritiness of the stuff. the diffeence between pouches and regualr dip is that regular dip, if packed incorrectly is easily swallowed and will most like you to puke everyhting in your system out. Pouches are atool of the tobacco industries ot get younger kids addicted. no dip can get out of the pouch, so it is less likely it will be swallowed. Statistics show if you havnt started using tobacco products by age 18, you probably wont. So the tobacco companies want to get ounger teens addicted asap. A bad first dipping experience will most likely get rid of a potential addict, so the puches help avoid that.

Dip is actually poisonous. Some ingredients are: Polonium 210 (nuclear waste,)N-Nitrosamines (cancer-causing), Formaldehyde (embalming fluid), Nicotine (addictive drug), Cadmium (used in car batteries), Cyanide, Arsenic, Benzene, Lead (nerve poison). So yeah it is bad. Why use it? As most people mentioned, they just throw one in with their buddies. Its fun, you get a little buzz going (you start to feel a little lightheaded) nd just chill out. Once won't kill you!

So, when are you in danger? The danger starts when you become a egular user, and addict. Slowly, dips get bigger and bigger. And often the nicotine content gets bigger and bigger. For example, if you make the jump from skoal to copenhagen. A small dip of a light brand could have up to 4x the amount of niotine in a cigarette. So as you switcxh to more concentrated brands, you can get close to 16x the amount more nicotine in a dip than in a cigarette.

So what the problem is is that, like all addictive drugs, its a slippery slope. You start on the bus with your buds, you end dead in a hospital bed. Granted, this doesnt happen to everyone. My main suggestion would be don start, or quit if you have started. If you arnt going to take it, fin the balence. It takes concious effort. I dip with my buddies, but I also mark on the back of each tin everytime i get a dip out of it to make sure they arnt getting bigger and bigger. I also mark the dates that tin lasted me to make sure im not doing it too often. Its pretty easy but a little annoying, but it keeps me from slipping down.

Any other questions, ide be happy to answer.

then why do you drink?

Drinking is not bad for you, drinking in excess is bad for you. In many ways drinking a guiness or two is actually less unhealthy than drinking a coke or two.

Studies have been out for several years showing that one glass of red wine per day is actually good for a person's health. Newer studies are coming out that expand that data to show that one drink every day or so does more benefit than harm. Keep in mind I mean one drink, not one case...

then why do you drink?

Studies have been out for several years showing that one glass of red wine per day is actually good for a person's health. Newer studies are coming out that expand that data to show that one drink every day or so does more benefit than harm. Keep in mind I mean one drink, not one case...

So drinking 365 beers on one day and being sober the rest of the year is bad? :unsure:

then why do you drink?

So drinking 365 beers on one day and being sober the rest of the year is bad? :unsure:

Of course not, as long as it averages out to 1 drink per day... :P

hkyvictor...

does everyones react to dip differently?

like will the effects of dip show up on people lips and gums faster on different people?

How long until bad things will happen to your gums and teeth (mouth i guess)

i guess what im saying is that im goin on and out of town tourney on the 2nd of febuary and want to have some dip with my friends. now ive dipped occasional other times and im not addicted or anything but will my gums get affected by the dip for 3 days?

then why do you drink?

So drinking 365 beers on one day and being sober the rest of the year is bad? :huh:

Of course not, as long as it averages out to 1 drink per day... :P

Don't forget to compensate for leap year!

yea your right theo..

but im just wondering if i do a little dip here and there will i eff up my gums?

Do you brush, floss and rinse twice a day? Unless you are doing what you should be doing everyday, I wouldn't add something new to the mix to make things worse.

yea i brush and floss everyday.

after a dip i rinse out and brush. then i use some scope mouthwash.

Still not the best idea to dip, but at least you're already thinking about the consequences.

having a chew is the best allternative to smoking :unsure: it gives u nicotine while not killing ur performance on the ice. it obviously has its harmful side but it is less than half as likely to give you mouth cancer as smoking is to give you lung cancer. ive jus started to start it myself and now i never need a cigarette.

yea your right theo..

but im just wondering if i do a little dip here and there will i eff up my gums?

buddy it wont do shit if you dip once in a blue moon. You wont do any harm but get a wicked buzz.

i recommend when starting off dont do it drunk, i swallowed soem and that was the end of my night.

and for all you gutters out there, koivu got stomach cancer from gutting it.

having a chew is the best allternative to smoking :huh: it gives u nicotine while not killing ur performance on the ice. it obviously has its harmful side but it is less than half as likely to give you mouth cancer as smoking is to give you lung cancer. ive jus started to start it myself and now i never need a cigarette.

no hard feelings but thats the dumbest excuse for chewing ive ever heard. both are terrible for your body and most of the time (i know theres one or two people that arnt effected) but its going to hurt you some time or anohter. so the best thign to do would be to not do either. chew gum instead, some can even whiten your teeth :D

some kid was dipping berry flavored the other day..it smells really good, so does green apple. But i mean i dont understand how green apple tobacco would be satisfying.

me either <_<

yea i brush and floss everyday.

after a dip i rinse out and brush. then i use some scope mouthwash.

Maintenance after dipping won't really help your gums in any way. It is the actual process of dipping that does the damage, the absorbtion of the nicotine and other chemicals into your blood stream through your gums and the inside of your lower lip. Sure, brushing and flossing right after is nice, but the damage is done before you grab your brush.