Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bendy

Todd Harvey's stick

They just showed Todd Harvey on the bench because he's mic'ed, and it look like he had no tape on the blade of his stick? Anyone else notice it? Maybe he uses some of that paint on shiz?

Guest Datsyuk*13

I use no tape in roller sometimes its not too bad. But on ice i cant do it.

Guest phillyfan

It's more common for players to tape their blades, but it's not surprising there are players who do not.

This season i wnet untaped for a tourney. It isnt realy tha much of a change in my eyes, just a little less grip.

The water will rott your blade

Wouldn't it rot more if you had tape on it since tape can absorb water? I've never had a problem either way even when I lived in humide ass corpus christi tx.

Look at players like Kovalev or Hossa they just put 2-3 inches of tape at the toe of their blade. So they can stickhandle faster where there is no tape and shoot where they have tape. It's also how i tape my stick. Try it you can stickhandle way faster when you have no tape. But for sure, it's personnal preference.

Of course that's how you tape yours; that's the way they do it. If they came out with polka dot tape on their sticks you'd be posting threads about where to find some.

As for the lack of tape they use, a lot of foreign players don't use much tape out of habit because they couldn't afford a lot of tape growing up.

When I start playing with this kind of taping, I was even not knowing that NHLers were playing like that. You can laugh of me like you want, but it really works. I learn to play like that at the outside rink. One day, I went to the outside rink and forgot to put tape on my stick. So I play like that and I saw the difference it gives. Since that time, I play with that kind of taping. When you stickhandle the tape makes the puck jump so you cannot stickhandle as fast.

Stickhandling is an art and the best stickhandler on earth all know that.

It may be an art but it's not the most important skill to have. I guess some consider cherrypicking an art too though.

Guest Datsyuk*13

Ahh there was these two twins in my league last year that scored like 40 goals but they were all on breakaways cuz the cherry pick. And they think there all good and stuff. Its funny cuz all they do is redline it and weight for a pass.

I've actually had to explain the art of playing defense as "cherry picking in the other direction"

I've actually had to explain the art of playing defense as "cherry picking in the other direction"

Agree with your point Chadd but... You can learn to an offensive player to play defensive but you can't learn to a defensive player to play offensive.

It may be true you can't turn a Scott Stevens into a Gretzky but you can't just create an elite defenseman from any forward either. It's much more common for a defenseman to be turned into a winger than the other way around. There is much less that you need to read and react to when you are playing on the wing, than playing defense or even center.

Wouldn't it rot more if you had tape on it since tape can absorb water? I've never had a problem either way even when I lived in humide ass corpus christi tx.

icerays fan?