Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

What to buy ?

Im looking to buy some workout equipment to build my arms. I want to buy a curl bar and some weights for it and that well build my forearms and biceps but i also want to get something to work triceps and deltoids is there anything i can buy that is inexpensive for my home to build these muscles??

take a broken stick or something

tie a rope to it in the middle

at the end of the rope put like 5 or 10 pounds

extend arms

roll rope up

im not very descriptive...anyone get what im tryen to say?

Buy an old duffle bag and fill it with sand. Pick it up off the ground and press it overhead. Drop on the ground and repeat. When it is easy, add sand. Or, add one handfull of sand a day or per workout. This will work hands, wrists, forearms, biceps, triceps, pecs, traps, lats, and deltoids. Also erector spinae muscles, obliques, deep abs, butt, hamstrings, quads and also your calves when you lose you balance and have to catch yourself. Did I leave anything out? It also looks pretty cool in a very hardcore sort of way. If you do not have sand or are worried about getting sand on the floor, use rocks. Rocks are cheap and are even more hardcore in a very oldschool sort of way.

If you are REALLY tough, you can do full front squats with the sandbag on your front delts/collarbones.....

Good luck

extend arms

roll rope up

Yep I used to do that exercise when I worked out a lot. Also you can get a curl bar and weights and do wrist curls and reverse wrist curls from a seated position. Both work your forearms pretty good.

extend arms

roll rope up

I do that too. Good stuff.

one of those elastic resistant bungee cords could help you out. you can do quite a workout with those, especially if you get one with higher resistance.

Im looking to buy some workout equipment to build my arms. I want to buy a curl bar and some weights for it and that well build my forearms and biceps but i also want to get something to work triceps and deltoids is there anything i can buy that is inexpensive for my home to build these muscles??

Might I suggest that you save some money on weights and equipment and look at Matt Furey's Combat Conditioning.

http://www.combatconditioning.com/combatco...ioningbook.html

There are a lot of exercises in here that will help build functional strength and you don't have to invest in any expensive equipment. The first three exercises in this book are referred to as the "Royal Court" and are great for hockey. Hindu Push-ups, a.k.a. cobra push-ups are great on the upper body, abdomen, and lower back. Hindu Squats, are great for your legs and what hockey coach has never suggested we do squats. The back bridge is great on the back, abdomen, and neck.

Once you have mastered the basics of the Royal Court there are other exercises that are a variation on a theme, for example a back bridge with no hands, and one legged squats. Matt also slightly brushes off on handstand training for those who really want upper body strength.

I'll be the first to admit that I am probably the worlds worst about sticking with an exercise regimen. I envariably push too hard to fast and then strain something and have to taper down and then seem to quit exercising. I have a gym membership that I have been paying for for years, but haven't gone to in ages. When I think back to when I was doing the treadmill and elipse machines vs hindu squats I find that I could actually take the stairs easier after a week of doing the squats. That's my experience so yo can take it for what its worth.

The only disappointing thing about Matt's books was that I was kinda expecting something exotic that I had never seen before, but I had seen most of these body weight exercises (calisthenics) at one point or another. I still gave them a try and found that they work.

Buy an old duffle bag and fill it with sand. Pick it up off the ground and press it overhead. Drop on the ground and repeat. When it is easy, add sand. Or, add one handfull of sand a day or per workout.

And if that doesn't work just watch Rocky IV for more ideas like running to the top of mountains before you fight Ivan Drago. LOL. Sorry It's just the first thing I tought of while reading

No need to apologize. That is pretty funny. But tell me you would not like to be able to run to the top of a mountain and then do anything besides puke. :D

By the way,

Combat conditioning is great. Way too much hype though. There are sites you can get the info for free.

http://www.bronzebowpublishing.com/exercises.html

This has the squats and pushups. The rest of the stuff I am not quite sure about. But I know the squats and pushups work. The neck bridge is great too, but not on this site. if you wrestled in high school or before or played football you likely did bridges.

anything more than wrists and forearms isn't going to help much.

Not necessarily true. Strong shoulders, biceps and triceps can help a lot in keeping your stick on the ice so that people can't lift it and vice versa in helping you lift other players' sticks.

Personal opinion; if you are young you should stick with something like combat conditioning. I do not agree with Matt Furey's hype or prices, but the stuff really works. Otherwise buy the ole duffel bag :D