Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cliff_12

Quickest way to break in Skates

Hi guys,

I have just got a new pair of Vector Pro's, and need to get them broken in asap. How do you all break your skates in? I am usually on the ice about 5 hours a week.

PS I dont have access to a skate oven.

Thanks.

Well, i just can speak for myself, but i was in the same situation with my 8090 and i wasnt sure if i should bake them or not (to break them in quick).

So i wore them in the house and skated them and i had NO pain..

Lace them up the at home for a few hours while watching tv or whatever, as much as possible, that would speed up the break in process and make them feel much more comfy when first stepping out on the ice. :)

What worked for me, someone told me to wet your socks in hot water, and wear your skates for 30 minutes a night like this, along with your usual skating.

I have not baked my skates, but they are currently fitting me perfectly, and I think this helped them

Lace them up the at home for a few hours while watching tv or whatever, as much as possible, that would speed up the break in process and make them feel much more comfy when first stepping out on the ice. :)

that's what i do. i find it works great.

Well, i just can speak for myself, but i was in the same situation with my 8090 and i wasnt sure if i should bake them or not (to break them in quick).

I love the 8090s. The first skate I've had since I was about 8 years old that hasn't caused me ANY pain whatsoever. I'm tempted to buy an extra pair while they're on closeout, but as long as Bauer doesn't discontinue the supreme line with it's characteristic fit I guess I'll be alright.

the supreme line has been discontinued.Hockey giant has the 8090's for $229us and 800-faceoff has a deal as well on all bauers but i don'tknow the price.

the supreme line has been discontinued.Hockey giant has the 8090's for $229us and 800-faceoff has a deal as well on all bauers but i don'tknow the price.

the one 90 say supreme on them. Its a Supreme 0ne90. At the MSH skate NBH rep said it will fit similar to the 8090.

the one 90 say supreme on them. Its a Supreme 0ne90. At the MSH skate NBH rep said it will fit similar to the 8090.

I know the 8090 is discontinued. What I meant was what Hurricane pointed out, that the supreme line and fit is still continuing via the one90 and other skates in the line.

Well, i just can speak for myself, but i was in the same situation with my 8090  and i wasnt sure if i should bake them or not (to break them in quick).

I love the 8090s. The first skate I've had since I was about 8 years old that hasn't caused me ANY pain whatsoever. I'm tempted to buy an extra pair while they're on closeout, but as long as Bauer doesn't discontinue the supreme line with it's characteristic fit I guess I'll be alright.

You rock. :)

What worked for me, someone told me to wet your socks in hot water, and wear your skates for 30 minutes a night like this, along with your usual skating.

I have not baked my skates, but they are currently fitting me perfectly, and I think this helped them

I've done this also, works great.

Try lacing them up with out putting your foot in and leave it over night

does this actually work? I probably don't know what I'm talking about here but that wouldn't break the boot down prematurely?

blow dryer...

Thats what i did to help with breaking in my skates. Warm them up with the blow dryer a bit, then lace them up and just wear them for awile.

would someone suggest this with one90s???

just got them yesterday and would like to try to break them in a lil before saturday night

would someone suggest this with one90s???

just got them yesterday and would like to try to break them in a lil before saturday night

I thought One90's had to be baked, because of the "negative space" design, so they acutally form to your foot