Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gman

Does anyone wear glasses?

Does anyone else wear glasses? If so, do you use the same everyday-allday glasses for hockey? I have been thinking about getting a pair of those "rec spec" frames. They look like racquetball glasses. My concerns are fogging, comfort, and the strap being pulled down over time by the helmet. WHat do you all use???? Ideally I would like to get the eye surgery, but boy is that expensive.

Does anyone else wear glasses? If so, do you use the same everyday-allday glasses for hockey? I have been thinking about getting a pair of those "rec spec" frames. They look like racquetball glasses. My concerns are fogging, comfort, and the strap being pulled down over time by the helmet. WHat do you all use???? Ideally I would like to get the eye surgery, but boy is that expensive.

I used to wear "Sport Goggles". I have a 1/2 sheild and I found they fogged A LOT (the glasses and the shield). They slid, and moved a little during the game...just basically a pain in the arse.

I (FINALLY) made the move to contacts about 3 months ago, and it's UNBELIEVABLE. WAAAAAAAAYYYYY more comfortable...no fogging at all on my visor now.

I never thought I'd be able to touch my eye, and do the lenses thing...but having done it now...I'm pretty used to it. I only wear them for hockey (and maybe baseball this summer...that isnt' totally necessary because I have prescription sunglasses for ball).

I can easily say...go contacts. You'll be gald you did.

I kind of figured contacts would be the way to go. I have tried contacts in the past and just do not have the patience for them. Plus I can get a much more finely tuned perscription in glasses. (I have pretty bad eyes)

I have gone through several stages of contact use in my life, all end up with me going back to glasses. Maybe the newer disposable ones will be better. I may try them. Has anyone had any good luck with glasses of any sort? I am using a cage instead of a shield, so I have one less surface layer to fog up.

I am not too worried about getting chirped at. I am 37, married, two boys and a good job. Basically I don't worry too much about what others think. Plus I am pretty confindent I can level most eanyone on the floor ;) (provided I can see them)

Used to use my regular glasses for hockey. They only fogged when I was sitting on the bench. Finally I got tired of the way they made my helmet fit, and got contacts. Contacts are much better, they give me a wider field of vision.

If you don't go with contacts, and the throw-aways are great, then rec-specs are a decent option. I know guys who have them fog and others who don't but I never sat down to try and figure out why.

I wear my regular glasses most of the time, especially for roller. I use my back up pair, which is tighter fitting to fit under the helmet better. I try to use disposable contacts for ice because my glasses fog up, but I get lazy sometimes. But I always wear contacts when playing in net.

What was the hockey movie with the Goon brothers who wore thick glasses?? I just thought about that. So the precedent has been set :D

I wear a cheap pair of regular glasses and bent the ear pieces so they fit snug and don't move around much. I've tried recspecs and a pair of sunglass frames converted to perscription clear, but both had MAJOR fogging issues, and doubly so when I wore a half-visor (gallses and visor would fog). I went back to the regular glasses and now wear a full cage (league rules if you're wearing glasses) and I can manage ok. As someone else said, the glasses sometimes fog on the bench, but I get by. At some point i may try the contact lens route, but when I experimented some years ago, I couldn't get those buggers in my eye. I'd say that the sport goggles would be a waste of money.

go with contact lenses, a whole different world

what are the chances of losing them hwile ou are out their playing?

i am thinming about getting contacts and i dont wanna lose them out on the ice.

What was the hockey movie with the Goon brothers who wore thick glasses??  I just thought about that.  So the precedent has been set :D

Are you KIDDING ME?

yes.........

What was the hockey movie with the Goon brothers who wore thick glasses?? I just thought about that. So the precedent has been set :D

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! IF you don't know...you are either younger than 13yo or you just started to play. EVERY Hockey Player is REQUIRED to see SLAP SHOT. It is only the greatest hockey movie of all time.

What was the hockey movie with the Goon brothers who wore thick glasses??  I just thought about that.  So the precedent has been set :D

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! IF you don't know...you are either younger than 13yo or you just started to play. EVERY Hockey Player is REQUIRED to see SLAP SHOT. It is only the greatest hockey movie of all time.

My Gawwwd!!!!!!!

Yes I am kidding, yes I have seen slapshot, and thank heavens I am way older than 13.... Man I think I hit a nerve here...hehehehe :angry:

Agreed, seeing the movie slap shot is in the hockey players handbook of things to do to become a hockey player.

"I don't know, maybe I'll end up sleeping with old goalies."

what are the chances of losing them hwile ou are out their playing?

i am thinming about getting contacts and i dont wanna lose them out on the ice.

Next to nothing. I surfed every day for years with contact lenses on and only lost a handful of lenses, and sometimes you can get pounded harder than on an ice rink, then get tossed around like a rag doll in a washing machine and get held under water for 20 seconds. Usually I only lost a lens when paddling out and a little tiny splash of water would hit my eye just right.

I have never lost a contact lens playing hockey. However, it is probably not a bad idea to get disposables and keep a spare pair in your bag. Disposables are cheap enough that you don't have to care if you lose one or not, beyond worrying about making it to the bench in one piece.

What was the hockey movie with the Goon brothers who wore thick glasses??  I just thought about that.  So the precedent has been set

:o

WTF

Look three posts above.... I was being fecetious.... just kidding.... making a joke.....LOL'ing

Man y'all are serious. I love it!!

Was that the same movie with the kids, the fat goalie, charlie, and those two bigger kids that fought all the time, i think they were called the fighting geese or something. LOL

What was the hockey movie with the Goon brothers who wore thick glasses??  I just thought about that.  So the precedent has been set

:o

WTF

Look three posts above.... I was being fecetious.... just kidding.... making a joke.....LOL'ing

Man y'all are serious. I love it!!

LOL