Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

analog999

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Steelers were just handed a Super Bowl. Congrats.

What a joke.

How? Honestly.

The most questionable call was the hold, and even that was a good call.

Amazingly enough not one analyst I've seen on TV agrees with you. Opinions seem to be split on the touchdown that was called back as well as Ben's TD and there is no way anyone can justify the 15 yard penalty for a cut block on Hassleback for tackling the guy with the ball.

My wife is from Pittsburgh and even she said they got a lot of help.

As much help, bad luck, whatever happened, the Seahawks still couldn't finish. What is the deal with them and kickers.

The Steelers were just handed a Super Bowl. Congrats.

What a joke.

How? Honestly.

The most questionable call was the hold, and even that was a good call.

Amazingly enough not one analyst I've seen on TV agrees with you. Opinions seem to be split on the touchdown that was called back as well as Ben's TD and there is no way anyone can justify the 15 yard penalty for a cut block on Hassleback for tackling the guy with the ball.

My wife is from Pittsburgh and even she said they got a lot of help.

The cut was a bad call, but the momentum was all there, the 15 yards didn't really matter.

The rushing TD by Ben was the right call. From that angle, unless he found some new shaped football that allowed him to carry it completely different, the ball in his arm crossed the front of the goal line.

And, of course the media's going to say they were bad calls, it gives them another week of coverage on the game. That and the fact they were all jocking an overrated Seahawks team that got completely owned in that second half.

"Jocking an overrated Seahawks team"?

Everybody and their brother was picking the Steelers. And if you want to discuss overrated, we could talk about Bettis and Big Ben.

Did you notice that the official was coming in to spot the ball on the goal line, then changed his mind well after he was down? I wouldn't have had a problem if the call was made right away on instinct. The way it happened is what makes it look strange. It was a huge momentum swing in the game though. It was a 50/50 call that could have gone either way. The problem is, the official said no, he is down. Oh wait, yeah let's give it to him.

You know what? I HATE that "just break the plane" rule. It is either in or out. If a basketball goes in the hoop, rattles around and comes out with out passing all the way through it doesn't count. If the puck doesn't completly cross the line it doesn't count. This the tip of the ball just has to touch the line sucks. You either got into the end zone or you didn't.

Sorry for the rant. And seeing as how I am a Dolphins fan, i'm not bitching on behalf of the Seahawks. I'm just bitching.

What about the totally delayed call when they took away Seattle's TD?

It was like "Seattle Scored - oh sh*t, I need to throw a flag"

People can say it was a good call, but lots of people are arguing it. Even ESPN's writers are saying the game was taken away from the Seahawks.

Remember all the lombardi trophy commercials right before they got back to the game? Funny how there was only one with a Seahawk.

I think the call on Bens touchdown was a good call. Yeah it took him a second, but if they would have reviewd it (if thats a reviewable play i dont know i dont follow football) they wold have seen the tip of the ball break the plane of the line. The push off call on Seattles touchdown was a little weak IMO, the Steeler defender didnt even jerk his body backwards or show that he was pushed with any amount of force. I even said right when the call was made that they're football players not barbies and they should be able to take a little push like that. Anyways, whats done is done, gotta give it up for the hometown boys :D

I think the call on Bens touchdown was a good call. Yeah it took him a second, but if they would have reviewd it (if thats a reviewable play i dont know i dont follow football) they wold have seen the tip of the ball break the plane of the line. The push off call on Seattles touchdown was a little weak IMO, the Steeler defender didnt even jerk his body backwards or show that he was pushed with any amount of force. I even said right when the call was made that they're football players not barbies and they should be able to take a little push like that. Anyways, whats done is done, gotta give it up for the hometown boys :D

Actually they did review Ben's touchdown and still called it good. Jackson's touchdown should have been called back, it wasn't a terrible push, but he still pushed off which you can't do. As much as everyone wants to blame the refs Seattle didn't help themselves any either. Stevens dropped three passes, one of which should have been a fumble since he had possesion and turned up field before getting popped. They also missed two field goals which weren't chip shots but Brown had the distance, just wasn't accurate. Can't blame the refs for those.

I'm still rattled by the reverse flea flicker...Actually it wasen't a flea flicker cause it didn't back to the QB. Who cares I'm stoked about that play. Plus I won $50. The first half was a little weak but the second half was outstanding. Gotta love the Superbowl, frees up more time for hockey highlights on TSN!

Actually they did review Ben's touchdown and still called it good. Jackson's touchdown should have been called back, it wasn't a terrible push, but he still pushed off which you can't do. As much as everyone wants to blame the refs Seattle didn't help themselves any either. Stevens dropped three passes, one of which should have been a fumble since he had possesion and turned up field before getting popped. They also missed two field goals which weren't chip shots but Brown had the distance, just wasn't accurate. Can't blame the refs for those.

Yes they reviewed it and called it good, but that's only because it was a TD on the field (as you have to have indisputable evidence that it wasn't a TD). If the call on the field was down on the 1 inch line, then it would've been reviewed and stood as called on the field.

The fact that the ref was running up to spot the ball short with one hand in the air, then called it a TD when he got close to the spot was just ridiculous. I don't have a big problem with the push off call against DJax except that the ref called it after he caught the ball for a TD. If he calls it immediately then it doesn't look as fishy.

I'm still rattled by the reverse flea flicker...Actually it wasen't a flea flicker cause it didn't back to the QB. Who cares I'm stoked about that play. Plus I won $50. The first half was a little weak but the second half was outstanding. Gotta love the Superbowl, frees up more time for hockey highlights on TSN!

It was a reverse WR option.

Just something i heard while watching the Habs/Flyers game on TSN. The Habs have played on Superbowl Sunday for the past 9 years, and over those 9 years the NFC was 6-3. So it favors the Seahawks.

Just thought i'd add that.

Make it 6-4. Steelers got that one for the thumb

Really? I only saw one replay and the two guys were barely on screen. The Steelers had a hold that was way worse when Ben ran a draw for a first down (3rd quarter?) and it was the guy who opened the hole for him.

I only saw it in "real time" when I saw the rusher turn the corner, it looked like he would've gotten to Hasselback, but he was being held. I missed the first portion of the 3rd, I started watching after the TD and may have missed it. Like I said, I'm not a Football guy, so I miss alot of stuff. I thought there was a bit of a hold on Seattle right after the "questionable" one was called too, but there's always little stuff too call like that.

When that play occurred, I said to my wife, "Offsides, defense." Even one of the Seahawks said in an interview that he thought they had a free play because of offsides.

As it turned out, that was a weak holding call. As Madden said, refs can call holding on every play, so the ones they do call had better be muggings.

what depth the steelers had lol, when a wide receiver also played NCAA as a quarter back, you know you have a versatile team

I'm a Jets fan so i wasn't really cheering for one particular team. It is nice that the Steelers won though for Jerome Bettis' sake. It's a great end to a great career.

yeah that was a wonderful end to his career.....if he retires!

what depth the steelers had lol, when a wide receiver also played NCAA as a quarter back, you know you have a versatile team

Ward and Randle-El played QB in college.

That big hold was hard to see on replay, but in real time it was a pretty obvious hold.

You really thought you saw blatant holding?

I'm positive I saw offsides by the defense, but I didn't notice blatant holding, although I admit I don't follow the action at the line of scrimmage as much as some others.

That big hold was hard to see on replay, but in real time it was a pretty obvious hold.

I'm positive I saw offsides by the defense, but I didn't notice blatant holding, although I admit I don't follow the action at the line of scrimmage as much as some others.

I'm weird about those things and I always watch the line, 'cause the camera will switch to the action if it's elsewhere. It was a hold. I mean, there's holding on every play, so that's not saying much. But it's not like it was a bad call, just in the situation it could have been overlooked.

And that Jackson OPI was a good call too, you straighten your arm out to gain position away from the defender and it's pass interference.

I'm weird about those things and I always watch the line, 'cause the camera will switch to the action if it's elsewhere. It was a hold. I mean, there's holding on every play, so that's not saying much. But it's not like it was a bad call, just in the situation it could have been overlooked.

And that Jackson OPI was a good call too, you straighten your arm out to gain position away from the defender and it's pass interference.

If that was a hold then they should have been throwing flags on every play. It was way more mild than a ton of stuff they let go and a borderline call at best.