Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HockeyDude1712

attempted tripping

a kid on my team was called for "attempt to trip" my coach went nuts trying to disprove the rule so i am curious as well.

The call would still be tripping, attempting is the same as actually doing it in the rule book.

a kid on my team was called for "attempt to trip" my coach went nuts trying to disprove the rule so i am curious as well.

same here, except the coach went nuts on the kid for attempting to injure. Im pretty sure that in roller hockey it can be called. Attempt to injure or just a unsportsmanlike. Also, anything the ref calls goes.

same here, except the coach went nuts on the kid for attempting to injure. Im pretty sure that in roller hockey it can be called. Attempt to injure or just a unsportsmanlike. Also, anything the ref calls goes.

Attempt to injure is a match

If a person gets called for a dive, why does the other player get penalized also?

Technically there is no "diving" call in youth hockey or in any Hockey Canada or USA Hockey games.

Sorry, I meant in the NHL. I never understood the point because if your saying a guy faked it why you you still be penalized?

Sorry, I meant in the NHL. I never understood the point because if your saying a guy faked it why you you still be penalized?

You can hook a guy enough for it to be a penalty, but if he throws both hands up and does a barrel roll or two on the way to the ice, it's a dive in addition to the original penalty.

The same thing happened to a kid on my team.

You can hook a guy enough for it to be a penalty, but if he throws both hands up and does a barrel roll or two on the way to the ice, it's a dive in addition to the original penalty.

Thanks, thats the only reason I could think of.