Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Those XXV's look great. I doubt you can tell the difference of Mag vs Aluminum in use...so don't sweat it. Looks like you have a real nice short wheel base on them too.

Just got my Vapor XXV's done with the chassis from the Mission Assassin '08. Very light and comfy, just wish i had a Mission Mag chassis on it =/

b_152311.jpg

b_152235.jpg

I'm considering the same conversion with the same chassis ( my assassins turned soft), have you skated in them?

How do they feel? Is the forward pitch the same as the Assassins?

Just got my Vapor XXV's done with the chassis from the Mission Assassin '08. Very light and comfy, just wish i had a Mission Mag chassis on it =/

b_152311.jpg

b_152235.jpg

I'm considering the same conversion with the same chassis ( my assassins turned soft), have you skated in them?

How do they feel? Is the forward pitch the same as the Assassins?

Yeah I skated on em. I didnt have time to get them baked. But they felt great while i was reffing then had a game right after. They felt wayyy better than any roller skate i have skated on. Ankles were a little sore, i have a little problem with my ankles so i may have to get em punched, depending on how they break in.

But overall felt real solid, took a few slap shots off the boot, didnt feel it as much as i did with my Assassins.

Will do this again in the future when these eventually fall apart.

With the forward pitch, these feel a little bit more downhill. to me the balls of me feet hurt more than usual, but after a second time skating on em, it isnt as bad.

what size are the boots and chassis? It looks like you have a much shorter wheelbase which could explain why you are on your toes.

I agree, Think of an elephant with small feet or a tall lady with a large chest :lol: Still its all about looking good right?

what size are the boots and chassis? It looks like you have a much shorter wheelbase which could explain why you are on your toes.

11 skate, Medium chassis.

At the end of the day its all about your own personal preference. Nobody can fault you for driving a small car if you feel more comfortable in them (I'm looking at a Smart Fortwo car in the future, even though I'm 6ft tall... only thing stopping me is getting the hockey bag in that sardine can)

b_152311.jpg

just eyeballing, it looks like the chassis is mounted at least ~5mm further forward on the left boot than the right. nice looking conversion though... i just did the same conversion with size 9 boots and the same medium chassis.

Edited by s4gobabygo

i personally love the tri-di chassis thank you very much.

I like the concept, I just don't like the execution. Having 3 wheel sizes is cumbersome when it comes to rotating and buying wheels. I actually put a 76mm wheel up front on my hummr's and have a tri di like effect in that way. But in my case, I have 76 80 80 80 so I have more contact patch (what I prefer). To each his own. Let's see if I fall in love with the sprungs when my A7's show up. A8's were too big for me.

i personally love the tri-di chassis thank you very much.

I like the concept, I just don't like the execution. Having 3 wheel sizes is cumbersome when it comes to rotating and buying wheels. I actually put a 76mm wheel up front on my hummr's and have a tri di like effect in that way. But in my case, I have 76 80 80 80 so I have more contact patch (what I prefer). To each his own. Let's see if I fall in love with the sprungs when my A7's show up. A8's were too big for me.

Here's your skates, my wheels. :) :)

10VaporA7.jpg

Sweet setup. Did you paint the frames?

They been taken off a pair of Mission Assassin skates. Same chassis as the aftermarket Vanguard, just a different paint scheme

did anyone have to fill the old holes from the ice chassis before you put the roller chassis on? i have seen some people fill the holes and some people not fill them. would not filling the holes compromise the strength of the boot compaired to if you do fill them?

Here's your skates, my wheels. :) :)

I think you have me confused...I just ordered the A7 frames, not the rockers. I didn't send you skates to mount them on either. But they do look pretty sweet.