Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

the fuels look so good i might have to make that arrangement

My Mission L7s pictured above have the chassis mounted closer to the front than the back (the chassis is about one finger width away from the back and half a finger width away from the front edge). If you look at the pics closely you can also see that the front wheel sticks out a bit further than the back wheel. Since the mount is straight left to right and is solid I wasn't too worried about this at first, but now it's just making me wonder a bit. In most of the other pics I see here the frames are actually closer to the back than the front or somewhere in the middle. Will having the chassis mounted a little further forward have any significant negative performance effects or should it be fine?

It may just be the sizing of the skates and how far the toe cap extends; I know Sprungster wears like a 10 or something, so that's 1.5 sizes over the front; the boots look like they are mounted fine, and you shouldn't fret over it. After I got my skates converted with Hum'ers, I scrutinized every inch of my skates and noticed maybe a little imperfection here and there, but it doesn't make much of a difference if you are used to it. I actually like having the chassis mounted forward a bit so that I don't have any wheel slip; it allows for more leverage at the toe of the skate so you can dig in more.

ATLstealth09 Posted Today, 10:49 PM

It may just be the sizing of the skates and how far the toe cap extends; I know Sprungster wears like a 10 or something, so that's 1.5 sizes over the front; the boots look like they are mounted fine, and you shouldn't fret over it. After I got my skates converted with Hum'ers, I scrutinized every inch of my skates and noticed maybe a little imperfection here and there, but it doesn't make much of a difference if you are used to it. I actually like having the chassis mounted forward a bit so that I don't have any wheel slip; it allows for more leverage at the toe of the skate so you can dig in more.

Thanks for the reassurance. I emailed Kieth/Sprungster - he said if it was way too far forward then I should consider remounting, but if the difference between front and back was minimal it shouldn't matter. Since it's only about 5mm or 1/4 of an inch difference (a bit more wheel out the front then the back) they should be fine and I'll leave them as is.

Dejavu!

Some more great ice to roller converts. The Grafs are size 7s, which is about as small as I'd recommend for the medium. The Bauers were mounted new with a prototype of the old model more than a year ago. Now they're back at work with the new model. The last shot is what the RBKs looked like after getting ruthlessly Beemered. Shows what a boot can put up with---along with a generous application of epoxy in the though.

Graf7.jpg

DillanBauer8090.jpg

B9K.jpg

K5.jpgJouquinP7Sprungs.jpgJouquinPump7sBot.jpg

Yes here are my CCM Vector Pro´s again. :)

billede018si8.th.jpg

And here´s one with my ice skates and inline skates. :D

billede012mm0.th.jpg

Edited by Hede

Do you mean if it will make it necessary to dremmel it? Or do you mean if it will break down the boot?

It shouldn't do anything more than make it an awesome roller hockey skate, so if you've got it, go for it.

it shouldnt be necessary to dremmel it. i just wanted to know if applying the chassis to the boot would make the boot deform or bend in any way, compromising the boots structural integrety (thats my word for the day lol)

Bauer Supreme 8090 with Mission Hi-Lo Chassis. Nothing spectacular. Just for summer ice hockey. My ice hockey skates are Graf 709s, which fit me better. I might end up selling these because the fit isn't as good as my Graf 709 skates.

CIMG0887.jpg

This is kind of a test to see if I could upload a pic....My CCM Tacks with Sherwood E-Frame chassis.

Sorry guys that didn't work. I think I will give up on posting pics.....

Edited by Rick

Rick, where are you hosting? It really shouldn't be that difficult. Just host on a site (I use googlepages, which gives me a little space, but any other site (photobucket, flickr, etc) should let you put your image up, and let you have a link to it, which looks like, for example:

http://yourhostaddress.com/usernamemaybe?/...3/imagename.jpg

Find that code, copy it by highlighting with the mouse and right clicking to select "Copy" or simply hold Control and press C while doing so to copy.

When you get here, paste that down, and highlight it. Click the icon next to the font color selector, which is the globe and the paperclip, and paste in your URL where necessary, by either right clicking and pressing paste, or clicking in the box and holding control, then pressing V.

Those 80-90's look nice; if you end up not wanting them, what size are they? :P

^

I wear an 8.5D. I'm going to see what my options are in roller. There is talk we might do some Topcat or Narch regional tournaments so I have no idea what's ahead... i made the conversion as a "just in case" type of deal.

Man I love those One90's. I have always been a big fan of the Red Star E-Frame and it looks really cool on those boots.

Rick Henry