Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Good boots... alas it was a terrible chassis that came stock on them.... VIBE aka. Very Irritatingly Bad Experiance.

-edit- Kovy what's the name of the chick on your avatar???

Edited by Patrick67

Yes, it is. Kovalchuk71's new Lindsay Lohan ^_^ . For those who haven't been here as long, he was a little obsessed with Lindsay.

Those are sick! Some of the best boots Mission ever made

I used them in a pickup game today. VERY NICE. So solid, it's like the chassis is an extension of your leg. I don't think they've ever been baked, so I'll be wearing them for a while. :)

imdb say's she's born in 1980...

There's a guy on my team still using the M-boots, they have outlasted 2½ chassis so far (3rd pair are getting pretty wasted = ½)

Edited by Patrick67

Sprungster, I've been looking for some Type M replacement boots, is there another pair you could snag for me in a size 9/9.5?

If so, could you shoot me over a PM, thanks!

There's two important things going on here.

First of all, Kovy actually has a chance with Paris Hilton. Come on, I know she's different, but she's probably looking for some new juice. Dating Kovy would assure another year in the world headlines. If I could get her for Sprung, I do it in a snap. Way better than Sid, for sure! :lol:

And to less important matters. The M's are a total fluke. They had Black E chassis on them, which are short like the Mission M. Maybe they didn't work for him. I think they were traded for frames in San Diego.

The real fluke is that they fit perfectly. I'd already skated for more than an hour in the blue CCMs, and had wet sock blisters on the bottom inside of both ankles forming. I was re-breaking in the CCMs, because the OG Sprungs had been mis-mounted wide on the toe. It had almost ruined the boot, cause they got used all the time anyway.

So, I stopped playing and took them off. While sitting down,trying to re-start my heart, I put the M's up against the CCMc. Boink, the same size outside. Perfect size inside. I put them on with no socks on top of the fresh new blisters and played another pickup game.

This boot looks and feels like the Graf super lite, or what ever it's called, that's cut the same way. And it has the kind of detail attention that is more typical of custom Grafs. Except for the Totally Mission look. This was the look of the late 90's.

I bet this sucker would sell OK right now. Hey Justin, do like Nike. Only work on the fit and performance and re-make some bonus classics with the ongoing perfect fit like you have again with the Boss.

Or find a previously lost storeroom filled with dusty boxes of M's. Guys that never talk to me were friends, suddenly. Big open pupils and saying, "Wow, those don't look like they're from 2000. Do you think they'd fit me?" And a lot of "Are those new, do you have more?" from younger players.

Is there anybody in Pittsburgh who is good at mounting? LHS's included.

How about LA? I'd like to find somebody around here that could take over some of my load.

I have only heard positives. I also think you would be best buying from sprungster direct

The like to dislike is running around 10 to 1, and a lot of the dislikes are from the old model. Some dislikes still use them for recreation and coaching, but not games. For refs, there are no negatives.

Please, if they're in a store near you, buy them there. I'm spending a lot of my time getting them into the stores, and I am not competing with them. The store may even have some mounted samples. Big stores in NY and NJ are going to be carrying them shortly. Michigan is coming up soon too. And Chicago.

I'm mounting a pair of cherry Type M's today for our test samples that Ill have in Detroit. Half of them are ice boots.

I only mentioned this as I don't know of any store here in Australia that carries your product, and thats where SCATMAN says he resides. I would love to see a whole lot more guys on them here in AUS, would lift the standard of play no end...

I think i've said it somewhere else also, but i would LOVE to see a carbon set, that would just be sex on wheels.... and maybe a 5/6 wheel version (6 seems more likely) for us goalies...

The way I understand Spring, is they help with your turning and stopping radius...why as a goalie would you need something like that? Goalies move side to side up and down. The reason goalie skates have 6 wheels is because the wheels are so small to allow for a lower center of gravity...

The way I understand Spring, is they help with your turning and stopping radius...why as a goalie would you need something like that? Goalies move side to side up and down. The reason goalie skates have 6 wheels is because the wheels are so small to allow for a lower center of gravity...

So, why not make a sprung frame that's engineered to do that?

I guess one reason that I'm itching to try one is because, as a goalie, I feel left out of the sprung world :D.