Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

for you guys with the straight frames like the hummer, have you ever used the hilo system? ive been using hilo my whole life im scared to try anything different i was just curious because i hear people raving about the labeda hummer and i wanted to give it a try.

I've skated old flat 76's, Hi-Lo, Nexed 2 degree Hi-Lo, Tri-Di and now the Hummer. The Hummer takes a little getting used to, but can be worth it. I personally think I'm going to go back to the Tri-Di setup if I can find some PF10's my size and the money for them, but the Hummers are solid and fast so it's livable until I can get my personal preference again.

Hey, I've just got a pair of S500 carbons converted, and i was just wondering if theres anything you guys have done to stop them getting ripped up. I've already started gettin wrecked after one session!

The leather on them is so soft, any fall and im screwed....

.... any suggestions?

I converted 703's and put a layer of protectoe on them. Won't protect the boots from everything, but it helps.

Hey, I've just got a pair of S500 carbons converted, and i was just wondering if theres anything you guys have done to stop them getting ripped up. I've already started gettin wrecked after one session!

The leather on them is so soft, any fall and im screwed....

.... any suggestions?

I covered the area close to the toe of the skate with pro toe. I had the same problem with that area getting torn up.

80903ck.jpg

Bauer 8090's

Labeda Sensor's

Bones Swiss Ceramic's

Revision Gold's

Loving the chassis! Anyone know where I can get my hands on a pair?

80903ck.jpg

Bauer 8090's

Labeda Sensor's

Bones Swiss Ceramic's

Revision Gold's

Awesome, I wanted to do a 8090 conversion but couldn't find my size at the time and settled for the 8000. Very nice!

Also.... Does anyone have either a red star alloy chassis or a mission MG chassis size medium, they want to sell?

I posted it in the buy section but didnt get any response, I'll try again though.

Mission MG (950's) < Red Star Alloy's < Mission 10k MG

According to Justin the 10k's should be the lightest chassis around, but you can't feel a difference (no matter how much you want to) between them and the Alloy's.

I prefer the 10k MG's because they can't strip unlike the Alloys. + The Alloys are a little more neutruel in Pitch which I dislike.

But both are amazing chassis's.

Have seen alot of ppl with the 950's have problems when they swap wheels, seems anything besides those slim Factory Z-rated (which is a proper name come to think about it...) has problems spinning on them.

Kovalchuk....

Ive been looking into getting pretty much that exact same skate(flexlite 12 w/ hum'er chassis), but being in the UK its damn expensive...would you say its worth paying out the extra cash for them? Have you come across any problems or anything with them?

Cheers for any feedback

Pod

Quick question:

Which chassis would you choose between the Mission Mg vs. the Red Star Alloy?

I like the red star alloy myself. I have no problem with stripping of bolts....I use a little lock tite on the threads to prevent the axles from coming loose.

I have an old pair of the CCM skates with the Reebok pump in them. They have old Bauer frames on them. I cut the nylon off the toes and drilled 4 small (think pencil-sized) holes at the base of the toes for some ventilation and to assist in drying them out.

Since I don't play inline any longer they are being used by a friend. Haven't seen them for a couple years...

Kovalchuk....

Ive been looking into getting pretty much that exact same skate(flexlite 12 w/ hum'er chassis), but being in the UK its damn expensive...would you say its worth paying out the extra cash for them? Have you come across any problems or anything with them?

Cheers for any feedback

Pod

No, they have been incredible skates. I havent has any issues with them breaking down or anything whatsoever and they fit my foot like a glove. If you want a high preformance skate and nike or bauer is your skate, then go for it. If not, go for something else thats not as expensive

i had a question....i think i am going to do this because i want to see how much of a budget i can do these on (searching arounf at pro shops, websites, etc.) i have a couple different models, but one thing i want to ask. how is skating the final force flat chassis? for only $9.99 for 2 i might pick a set of these up. i just wanted to know how different it is to tri-di's and hi-lows. i hopefully should have these skates built soon for just under $100.

i had a question....i think i am going to do this because i want to see how much of a budget i can do these on (searching arounf at pro shops, websites, etc.) i have a couple different models, but one thing i want to ask. how is skating the final force flat chassis? for only $9.99 for 2 i might pick a set of these up. i just wanted to know how different it is to tri-di's and hi-lows. i hopefully should have these skates built soon for just under $100.

Hi-Lo and Tri-Di tend to pitch you forward onto your toes, where flat frames tend to put your more on your heels. Final makes really good frames, so they're definitely worth the ten dollars.

Kovalchuk....

Cheers for any feedback

Pod

No, they have been incredible skates. I havent has any issues with them breaking down or anything whatsoever and they fit my foot like a glove. If you want a high preformance skate and nike or bauer is your skate, then go for it. If not, go for something else thats not as expensive

I saw the exact same skate on eBay a month ago and didn't sell for $150. You might want to search for it and make an offer. I think the guy used your photo too, K.!

for you guys with the straight frames like the hummer, have you ever used the hilo system? ive been using hilo my whole life im scared to try anything different i was just curious because i hear people raving about the labeda hummer and i wanted to give it a try.

I skated hi-lo for the past 4/5years+ I tried a pair of the beemers with the hummer frame, it was completely alien to me+ I struggled to get used to them, I have since swapped back to hilo

Mikael1052: I have Alloys on my 8kpumps (previous page) but most say they look really good with the "Old School" Tacks B)

Have a pair of 10k's too so pretty soon I will convert the 8kPumps into Iceskates with some LS holders I have laying around too....

:lol: