Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

2565804150086915327s600ie5.jpg

WOW :unsure: these skates belong to oldtimer

How do you get rid of the one90 stamp ? And are my eyes messed or are those darker then usual ? Did you die them or are my eyes deceiving me ?

How do you get rid of the one90 stamp ? And are my eyes messed or are those darker then usual ? Did you die them or are my eyes deceiving me ?

i think he mentioned covering the one90 logo with electrical tape

HPIM0160.jpg

my old skool bauer vapor 8s with red star e frames

i had these skates for 4 years now and they are still kicking

i also have mission 10000s and wicked 1s but these i just cant let go

Here are some new skates I'm working on. I am a CCM Tacks guy but I couldn't resist the $49.00 dollar Easton Z-Air boots from Hockey World. I have my Sprungs on Tacks and they are working out well so I didn't want to change that package so I was going to go with a Sherwood E-Frame but the outsole is very hard and the shape of the E-Frame mounting plates just didn't fit the shape of the sole. Then I pulled out my Labeda frames and the fit is almost perfect. I'm not crazy about the copper/gold color of the frames with the black and yellow trimmed boot but it might grow on me. Also the boot isn't mounted on the chassis yet so the way I have it setting for the picture it looks a little far forward.

4pu2nbn.jpg

Rick Henry

Edited by Rick

Nils, Don't know if you were asking me about the E-Frame or not but I got a Red Star E-Frame a couple of years ago when Hockey World had them. I also lucked out and got a couple of the Sherwood E-Frames from Hockey Gaint when they cleared them out for $5.00 a while back. The frame on the Easton's is a Labeda I have had for several years.

Rick Henry

Edited by Rick

Here are some new skates I'm working on. I am a CCM Tacks guy but I couldn't resist the $49.00 dollar Easton Z-Air boots from Hockey World. I have my Sprungs on Tacks and they are working out well so I didn't want to change that package so I was going to go with a Sherwood E-Frame but the outsole is very hard and the shape of the E-Frame mounting plates just didn't fit the shape of the sole. Then I pulled out my Labeda frames and the fit is almost perfect. I'm not crazy about the copper/gold color of the frames with the black and yellow trimmed boot but it might grow on me. Also the boot isn't mounted on the chassis yet so the way I have it setting for the picture it looks a little far forward.

Rick Henry

I'm looking for a pair of easton or bauer boots to convert, $49 sounds good, I was on hockeyworld, but couldn't find them, do you have a link to the boot, or are they likely sold out.

Looking for a 10

EDIT: Never mind, 2 minutes later, I got it

Edited by Allsmokenopancake

IMG_4283.JPG

Got these put together today...gonna take them for a spin tuesday night.

-Bauer 8000 boot

-Abec 9 bearings

-RR Hornets

Bought the boot and the chassis in Germany (not on ebay...) Maybe interesting for all european Sprung-Fans

ALLSMOKENOPANCAKE.....

Sorry I didn't ger back with you sooner. Hockey World still has the $49.00 Easton boot. They told me they had like 250 pairs in size 10 alone plus a bunch in the other sizes. Go to Hockey World and click on ice hockey skates and they come up on page 2.

Rick Henry

I broke down and took the Sprungs off of my Tacks and mounted them on the virgin Easton Z-Air boots. I decided to leave the T-nuts in place on the Tacks in case I decide to go to them and with Keith's method of mounting its real easy to switch the chassis out. 6hepa4z.jpg

Rick Henry

Edited by Rick

some of these skates look awsome! but are they actually better?

Im going to fit mission frames off some HE1000s onto a Nike Quest 1 boot. Ill post up pics when done, and maybe ill see why people are going custom...

It all depends on personal preference... some guys i know just continue to use those 'off the shelf' models...

I've gone custom for about 2 years, and love the combos...

Currently now on some Nike Quest 1's mounted on Sprungs...

most shops supply the sprung chassis dont they? do they ues all 76mm wheels? all ive herd about them is how great they are or more should i say that you either love them or hate them

I have only heard positives. I also think you would be best buying from sprungster direct

The like to dislike is running around 10 to 1, and a lot of the dislikes are from the old model. Some dislikes still use them for recreation and coaching, but not games. For refs, there are no negatives.

Please, if they're in a store near you, buy them there. I'm spending a lot of my time getting them into the stores, and I am not competing with them. The store may even have some mounted samples. Big stores in NY and NJ are going to be carrying them shortly. Michigan is coming up soon too. And Chicago.

I'm mounting a pair of cherry Type M's today for our test samples that Ill have in Detroit. Half of them are ice boots.

Edited by Sprungster

Keith, I know you are a busy guy but keep the photos coming when you mount something new please........

Rick Henry