Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

devilsrule711

Best Stick wax

snapwax for me. it stays soft even in cold temperatures...\Some wax, even sex wax, tends to get hard and makes the blade slippery...

I use Mr. Zogs cold water surf wax. Works amazingly. Its cheap and lasts a long time. I hear they have come out with hockey stick wax now too...but I just use the surf wax cuz I surf and play hockey and it does the job just fine haha

snapwax for me. it stays soft even in cold temperatures...\Some wax, even sex wax, tends to get hard and makes the blade slippery...

Surf wax has different hardness levels for different temps. Cold water wax is softer while tropical/warm water wax is much harder. If you used cold water wax in warm temps it would be too soft and you'll slide all over the deck of the board, and if you used warm wax in cold water it'd prob feel like spikes on your near freezing temp feet.

TackiMac is a thinner rubber material more like a rubber band. BLADESHARK is a self-adhesive film coated with crushed cork and rubber particles, designed to enhance puck control and durability. IMO, BLADESHARK would be better regarded as a performance product offering a better material for improved passing, catching, shooting, etc... The closest material you would be familiar with when comparing BLADESHARK would be skateboard tape or step-tread material. I've have played 30 games season and never changed a BLADESHARK panel. The cost effectiveness versus traditional tape is unmatched. Obviously it's still hockey and blades get nicked and/or broken.

Hi, I'm just curious how you remove the Bladeshark material. Do you have to basically use a solvent and a scaper? Does the material chip or flake? For $10, I'm willing to give it a try, but I don't want to have a big hassle in case I don't like it and want to revert to tape+wax.

Thanks

@blue_line

BLADESHARK can be removed by simply lifting a corner with something and pulling it off. The shorter the BLADESHARK has been on, the more likely the BLADESHARK will come off in one piece. I have never experienced the BLADESHARK coming off in more than 2 or 3 pieces. While BLADESHARK will not leave a "gooey" residue, using solvent will remove all adhesive and better prepare your blade for your next tape job. We expect that would be BLADESHARK again. Please keep in mind we are more than just hockey tape. We create custom stick wraps for hockey and lacrosse, as well as some really cool nameplate signs like you might see in a professional locker room. Check us out.

Just wondering how people store their Mr. Zogs wax? I kept it in a ziplock bag in one of my bag pockets and it somehow melted into a weird shaped blob.

I switched to something called Ice Wax which comes in a deodorant-like applicator. Although it's more convenient, I find it sucks compared to Mr. Zogs and my sticks don't smell as fresh so I wanted to go back to the sex wax.

Just wondering how people store their Mr. Zogs wax? I kept it in a ziplock bag in one of my bag pockets and it somehow melted into a weird shaped blob.

Same way. Then I wax my stick with the blob, works just fine!

I switched to something called Ice Wax which comes in a deodorant-like applicator. Although it's more convenient, I find it sucks compared to Mr. Zogs and my sticks don't smell as fresh so I wanted to go back to the sex wax.

Same way. I've never had a problem with melting, but I don't live in a warm place. Before using the Ziploc, my Mr. Zog's would pick up unwanted gunk from the bottom of my bag.

I've had that happen to me as well when I left my bag out in the sun or in the heat. But either way, it still works fine in the "blob" form.

Maybe I'll get another puck. I looked at the blob and just tossed it out figuring the the shape would make it take too long lol.

Haha, I had 3 different colors of it in one ziploc bag and they all melted together into quite the interesting shape/color wax pile.