Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Pink OPS in NHL Soon!

I just received a news release from TPS that from 3/17 to 3/19 there will be over 200 NHL players using pink TPS OPS in a Tribute to Hockey Moms as a fund raising event for women and breast cancer research. Rick Nash and Henrik Lundqvist will be among those using the pink sticks. The sticks will be auctioned off to raise $ for breast cancer research. This sounds like a positive promotion with the right ideas in mind. Way to go TPS!!

I also saw that on the news. The TPS rep said that even players that don't normally use TPS will use the sticks in some capacity (warm up) and then they will be auctioned off to charity.

I just received a news release from TPS that from 3/17 to 3/19 there will be over 200 NHL players using pink TPS OPS in a Tribute to Hockey Moms as a fund raising event for women and breast cancer research. Rick Nash and Henrik Lundqvist will be among those using the pink sticks. The sticks will be auctioned off to raise $ for breast cancer research. This sounds like a positive promotion with the right ideas in mind. Way to go TPS!!

I had heard that they tried to do this with a certain player for Valentine's Day but the team did not allow it. The funny thing is the guy's enough of a target.

I recently saw a Pink Stick from Flite on their website that has the proceeds go towards breast cancer. Not sure about how good Flite sticks are, but if anyone can give me positive feedback, I was thinking about picking up a few. My mom is a survivor, so I know it would be cool to show her that I can play hockey and support a cause near and dear to her at the same time.

There was one on ebay (TPS, not the Mission one) and it looked kinda white.

Could be the pic tho.

There was one on ebay (TPS, not the Mission one) and it looked kinda white.

Could be the pic tho.

Those were SMU for a shop, Pure hockey I think.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 8, 2006

TPS HOCKEY’S TRIBUTE TO HOCKEY MOMS SUPPORTS BREAST CANCER RESEARCH

Tribute takes place March 17,18,19, 2006

Wallaceburg, ON – TPS Hockey announced today that the first-ever Tribute to Hockey Moms will take place March 17,18,19, 2006 with all proceeds going to breast cancer research. More than 200 NHL hockey players will take to the ice with pink hockey sticks carrying the breast cancer logo during the hockey weekend. The specially designed TPS sticks will be used for practices, pre-game warm-ups and throughout the games.

Rick Nash of the Columbus Blue Jackets comments: “It was my Mom who was always in the background making sure I had everything I needed to succeed and I can’t thank her enough. Maybe this will let her know that I do appreciate everything she has done for me and the money raised will go to a great cause that every Mom is well aware of.” Added Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers, “This is a great cause and I know Moms around the world will love the fact that we are acknowledging them for everything they do for us.”

Wayne Gretzky, coach and owner of the Phoenix Coyotes, when told of this first-time tribute reflected, “My Mom was the glue that held our family together and this would be a great tribute to her and to a great cause.”

“The response to this project by the NHL players has been overwhelming” says Brad Janson, Director of Pro Hockey for TPS. “They are all very receptive and excited to do this for their Moms and for breast cancer research and TPS Hockey is proud to support this tribute. This is the first ever event of this nature and we plan on making this an annual event going forward.”

The limited edition hockey sticks will be autographed by the NHL players and auctioned off at local and national fund raising events in support of breast cancer research.

I had heard that they tried to do this with a certain player for Valentine's Day but the team did not allow it. The funny thing is the guy's enough of a target.

Paul Kariya?

Paul Kariya?

I'm guessing Avery, TPS guy and enough of a target after some of the stupid comments he's made in the past.

Paul Kariya?

I'm guessing Avery, TPS guy and enough of a target after some of the stupid comments he's made in the past.

or bert just becuase you know.

Sorry JR,

There were no NHL games on Valentine's Day. I checked the NHL schedule. The league shut down after the 12th.

this changes my views about tps totally.

i never had tried anything of theirs, but things like this make me want to try their products

You are missing out on something great.Tps sticks and gloves are ridicously nice.I've had 15 TPS OPS(2 Response +,9 XN10,4 Original Response) and I have only had 1 pair of gloves(Cableknit HGT). Honestly,their sticks are the best I've used.Im using RBK Sticks right now ,but when they break im getting some Response Armor Controls.

Sorry JR,

There were no NHL games on Valentine's Day. I checked the NHL schedule. The league shut down after the 12th.

Sorry, it was that weekend.

I wouldn't call Kariya a target...the other guy...hmmmmm

Sorry JR,

Sorry, it was that weekend.

I wouldn't call Kariya a target...the other guy...hmmmmm

I thought you meant target amonst his team. After seeing "The Season" with the Avalanche, and other behind the scene shows shown locally here, I don' think that guy goes more than 1 day w/o getting shit for something.