Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdcopp

Build your perfect skate

vapor xxx boot

mission mg chasis

new wheels that have carbon fiber in them that come on the new mission skates

mission abec 7 berrings

wheels- revision

and a reverse fade from black to grey on the xxx boots;)

or i would wish for skates that do all of the work for me

Pro stifness 8090 boot with plastic coverings in the areas that take the most wear, black rink rat hornet wheels, bsb swiss bearings, the chassis off my 7500's and holes drilled into the tounge and toe cap for more ventilation. Or just my 7500's stock but stiffer. lol i love stiff skates.

I have 3 Dream Pairs!

Graf 705

Labeda Sensor Frame

BSB Swiss Bearings

Pro Dynasty Wheels

(I have Right now)

Kor Shift 1

Labeda Sensor Frame

BSB Swiss Bearings

Rink Rat Hornets

(This is sadly not possible with the shift 1 but Vince from Kor says you will be able to mount a Kor Shift 2 Boot on a Frame.)

Tour G-80

Labeda Sensor Frame

BSB Swiss Bearings

Pro Dynasty Wheels

OKay - here's my ultimate

Easton 1500 Boot (love the 1300, and adds true moldability)

Tour Cat--eye chassis, but made out of carbon composite, like the old Wicked Lite Carbon chassis. Except needs to be made stronger so it would not chip and crack like the mission chassis did. But i'm not willing to give up my 8 80mm wheels.

Revision or Rinkrat wheels, haven't decided which i like more yet

MOC 9 Airride bearings. These things are phenomenal...i highly reccomend someone give them a try.

How much faster can the MOC 9's be over the BSB Swiss??? Are there other design features that make them superior. i.e. Can they handle side loading better? I am in the market for a new set of standard bearings and I was thinking about Swiss's but I was also thinking about giving the MOC 9's a try. Any help would be appreciated.

OKay - here's my ultimate

Easton 1500 Boot (love the 1300, and adds true moldability)

Tour Cat--eye chassis, but made out of carbon composite, like the old Wicked Lite Carbon chassis.  Except needs to be made stronger so it would not chip and crack like the mission chassis did.  But i'm not willing to give up my 8 80mm wheels.

Revision or Rinkrat wheels, haven't decided which i like more yet

MOC 9 Airride bearings.  These things are phenomenal...i highly reccomend someone give them a try.

How much faster can the MOC 9's be over the BSB Swiss??? Are there other design features that make them superior. i.e. Can they handle side loading better? I am in the market for a new set of standard bearings and I was thinking about Swiss's but I was also thinking about giving the MOC 9's a try. Any help would be appreciated.

from everything I've read, the Moc bearings are supposedly tested to handle side loads so that they will hold up better. I personally would still swear by Bones Swiss, just because I have yet to find any bearing that has had as much success in so many roller/inline disciplines. Speed, Hockey, Quads and Artistic have all seen Bones be top notch.

I have not ever had a chance to use the BSB Swiss bearings, but of course have heard fantastic thigns about them.

I can, howeever, swear by the MOC 9. The are designed specifically to handle the hgiher side loads of inline hockey (suppsoedly anyway). I but a set on just last week onto my Beemer with new revision wheels, and i swear it was like gliding.

I think you probaly can't go wrong with either one - just personal preference, and perhpas which you can find cheaper.

i am sure a one90 boot with any chassis would blow anything away...

but, if i could, i'd take a wicked light boot, but swap out the tongue with the tongue from a Tour code-1. take off the carbon chassis and put on a labeda cat eye instead. give me some quality mini bearings with labeda genesis wheels and now we are talking.

actually, with a bit of nostalgia popping up through surfing, I'd take my updated TR8000 boot and put a mag alloy Mission Generator chassis on it with of course the Bones and RR Hornets. Makes me wish you guys did sell chassis seperately Justin, I'd jump on Generators if you still made them.

Because you have skated the One90's and they are perfect.....

justin,

what can I say, i am the type of person who buys into the hype. How else can I explain buying that amazingly successful Vibe chassis you guys put out a few years ago... :P

haha, just messing with you. in all seriousness, the one90 does intrigue me, but keep in mind I did choose Mission (i really loved that wicked light boot) for my perfect skate and my ice skates are your Mission S500.

now, i did see a test pair of the Fuel skates this past weekend and I am sure if I had the hookups like JR does to get a custom pair of those (*cough*cough*wink*wink*), I am pretty sure I would be singing the praises of Mission and that new skate all over town...

Just busting your balls....I bust everyone...

Don't take offense...The One90s do look nice...

BTW, I actually loved VIBE...I was one of the players who could handle the extra 10 grams it weighed....

now, i did see a test pair of the Fuel skates this past weekend and I am sure if I had the hookups like JR does to get a custom pair of those (*cough*cough*wink*wink*), I am pretty sure I would be singing the praises of Mission and that new skate all over town...

Yea the XP and AG were in an Add in the latest USA hockey magazine and they look real nice. Still a little lost though on why the name the one model is XP since its a windows operating system.

BTW, I actually loved VIBE...I was one of the players who could handle the extra 10 grams it weighed....

It was cool until I skidded off the shock and onto my face, kinda lost it's luster then. My wife liked it alright, but her Type M's were too much for her stiffness wise, so theres yet another person who liked it.

An updated version would be nice!! Maybe if the casing was part of the magnesium chassis, that could make it lighter and alittle stronger??

no worries justin, busting on each other is part of hockey...

i actually liked the Vibe too.

but being the superstitious hockey player that I am, after I tore my ACL wearing the skates I had the vibe on, i never wore them again.

sounds good, for the rough outdoor rinks. :lol:

What would be your fave skate Justin? or maybe just what have you thrown together so far?

Just busting your balls....I bust everyone...

Don't take offense...The One90s do look nice...

My problem wasn't weight, but the darn vibe hitting the floor around turns and causing me to roll....with no airbag! ;)