Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ktang

Pop flies

OK, I need to learn how to lob the puck consistently. Some guys do it so effortlessly, but I can't figure out how they do it...

I wouldnt say theres a set way of doing it, but i make sure the puck is on the center of my blade , either side and i wont get height on it, and get your weight behind it. Alot of practice!

Funny story, I was playing goal and had turned my head for a split second just as a guy lobed the puck from center ice.. Even though I was now looking straight ahead, I couldn't see the puck because it was above my field of vision. It was a real high lob. My teamates were yelling at me. I never saw the puck coming, plop right in the net. :(

I'd go with the flick motion but I know guys who'll get it on edge and lay it flat on the stick and just jai-alai it to the rafters.

I toe drag it in towards my body, then release with my forearms. I find I like to lob it off of the toe of my blade. It's almost an oval movement when I flick it.

I toe drag it in towards my body, then release with my forearms. I find I like to lob it off of the toe of my blade. It's almost an oval movement when I flick it.

Ditto here...it's the only way I can lob the puck consistently.

Ditto here...it's the only way I can lob the puck consistently.

I practiced during my lunch break today, and the oval toe-drag thing works for me.

I tried the quick flick, and I need a lot more practice with that.

Thanks all. I'm converting from F to D at the age of 40!

pulling the puck towards ur body first will make it alot easier, just like when u roof the puck from the top of the goal crease. I've gotten to the point where i can flick the puck up over the cross bar while standing in the goal crease