Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

manizzle

mouthguard

I've got to agree with JR. I've always hated mouthguards and I finally had one made for me, and it's fantastic. It doesn't even feel like you have one in.

Generic ones usually work fine. I used them since I was 9 and changed to dentist because I wanted a four leaf clover pattern. Didn't notice much difference either.

I got mine at www.customguards.com. They run about $50-$60 and I think they're the same as ones you would get from a dentist. It's fantastic - sucks right onto the teeth, and I can breathe fine (and even talk decently). Mine did pinch a little when I first got it, but a little hot water dipping took care of it (they give you instructions).

I give it a big thumbs up. Much, much better than the shock doctors I'd tried.

I got one from the dentist, and it's semi-hard. A few games ago I got hit in the mouth hard enough that some of the other guy's blade's graphite splinters were embedded into the mouthguard. I'm glad I had it.

Is harder better for mouthguards?

Anyone seen or tried those "Billy Bob" mouthguards? If those offered any protection at all it would be worth the shock value to use one.

Anyone seen or tried those "Billy Bob" mouthguards? If those offered any protection at all it would be worth the shock value to use one.

i didnt know those were mouthguards. :blink:

Some of the Billy Bob stuff are "boil and bite" mouthguards, others are just costume teeth.

$90 for a custom mouthguard from my dentist, and not covered by my dental insurance.

From customguards.com

The Gladiator Custom-Made Mouthguard

The American Dental Association advises that a custom-fitted mouthguard is the best protection against dental injury and concussion

Individually made to fit your teeth and mouth

More secure and comfortable than other mouthguards

Same quality, but less expensive than ordering from your dentist

Free-Flowâ„¢ system enhances performance

Lasts longer than other mouthguards

Customizable with choice of any logo, colors plus add your name or other identification to prevent loss

Ideal for every sporting activity

Looks like they do in fact help protect against concussion. I never liked mouthguards, but I think I'm going to order one of these and try it out.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but dentist made ones will protect your teeth, but not your brains. Don't think they help in preventing concussions right?

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=RMGC

New Rbk mouthguard...customizable with some gel goop that comes with it.

The RbK piece is pretty pricey when you can get this, nearly the same thing, for only $8.99...

custommouthguard.JPG

Shield Sports #250/#260

With our unique, easy-to-use powder and liquid, this mouth guard molds perfectly to each tooth. No boiling is necessary Fits all ages. $100 per tooth dental injury warranty.

*Available in Blue Tint

Where do you get that from?

I googled it but came up empty.

The problem with these things is that they still retain the shape on the outside of the mouthguard. Yeah they fit close to your teeth inside, but the shape outside is still squared and potentially problematic. I had a real problem trying to wear a shock dr because of this. I went through two different mouth guards and gave up. Go look at the customguards.com and you can see the difference.

I have one made by customguards and it's amazing. I could never wear a mouthguard until I bought one from them. Fits great, can talk and breathe with it no problem. And they are very fast, I think the turn around time from ordering the kit to receiving the mouthguard was like 12 days. Plus you can get your name on it.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but dentist made ones will protect your teeth, but not your brains. Don't think they help in preventing concussions right?

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=RMGC

New Rbk mouthguard...customizable with some gel goop that comes with it.

The RbK piece is pretty pricey when you can get this, nearly the same thing, for only $8.99...

custommouthguard.JPG

Shield Sports #250/#260

With our unique, easy-to-use powder and liquid, this mouth guard molds perfectly to each tooth. No boiling is necessary Fits all ages. $100 per tooth dental injury warranty.

*Available in Blue Tint

Where do you get that from?

I googled it but came up empty.

try shop.nhl.com