Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Torhs Team

slap shot

So Im watching my friends play thats a age group younger then me. He stands in front of a shot but hes tilted slightly (not on purpose though).

The slap shot dents his chasis pretty good. He had to take a wheel out because it was dented so far in the wheel wouldnt move.

Is this a super hard shot? I thought it was, Ive never heard of something like this.

Its a roller puck too, so its alot softer. A rocket to be exact.

I'd say it was pretty hard. Also might depend on the quality of the chassis.

On the same note, I saw a kid break a goalie's neck protector, those clear ones that dangle from the helmet, w/ a roller puck. IDS puck though I think.

I broke the glass with a slapper once while playing inline. Not really relevant, I just wanted to brag. These things happen when I come home drunk after a game.

my chassis got dented as well... took a slapper and it just got dented in... wasnt exactly a huge shot either.

Problem i had was trying to convince the LHS that it was done during a hockey game. He said that with the amount of scuffing, i had been using them to do grinds and all that freestyle stuff.. i mean, come on, would anyone buy hockey skates to do that???

IDS pucks actually hit harder than Ice pucks.

Weight is lighter but the surface is stiffer.

Played some Roller with an old ECHL goalie last winter, and during warm-ups I made a huge dent in his helmet with a slapper. It was the first major dent ever on the helmet, and he's used it for pro-icehockey for several years.

Kinda like the Aluminum bats beeing lighter but illegal for MLB. Because they hit harder and longer.

i got hit in the face cage with a slapper from a guy at pickup, he played pro roller but it caved in almost o my nose. it was an ids puck with a zleader cage. almost knocked me over. As far as the chassis denting, ive seen it a few times noting to special

I remember the first set of hi-los from pretty much every company would dent like crazy on shots, it's calmed down over the years though.

well last year in inline i took a shot to the chassis and they cracked, not bent but cracked. and on a similar note i have chipped a goalies collar bone, its not because the shots hard but where it hits.